Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

UFC 2009 Undisputed

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 19, 2009

UFC 2009 Undisputed is a mixed martial arts fighting game developed by Yuke's Osaka, developers of the WWE SmackDown! games. It is the first UFC game to be released under the licensing agreement signed with THQ.

Official MMA Sport thread

Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Kill

With the rising popularity of UFC and other MMA leagues, I think it's time Giant Bomb had a place to discuss the goings on in the actual sport, rather than just the games. 

What do you think about the upcoming UFC 102; could it be Couture's final fight with the UFC?  What are your thoughts on past events or MMA in general?

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RsistncE

Even though I watch every event, even though I know tonnes about it, I'm not going to call MMA a sport. I'm even hesitant to call it MMA because there is nothing artistic about punching another man in the head. It's just a euphemism, they should just call it cagefighting because that's what it is. I'm nice enough not to call it human cockfighting.

With that out of the way, the fight between Nog and Couture is supposed to be for another shot at the title. If Couture loses he may very well be done with the UFC after his contract is up.

Ginger_Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ginger_Avenger

I was very disappointed with the card for 101 and the next few don't look all that great to me. I do think that if Couture is able to avoid a submission from Nogueria then he will win the fight.
    @RsistncE: I believe he wanted to retire but he still had fights left on his contract, I know he has been wanting to fight Fedor so with him going to Strikeforce I could imagine him going there for just one fight.

Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kill
    @RsistncE said:
    "If Couture loses he may very well be done with the UFC after his contract is up. "
    I saw that he signed on for EA's MMA game, which must mean he can see the writing on the wall. With his line of gyms and movie career, I doubt he's too fussed if he loses his contract. He certainly didn't seem like he cared much during the Lesnar v Couture fight. He needs to retire and become a "legend", ride off that for a while, instead of losing over and over to younger fighters.
    Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Phished0ne

i know a lot of people that just call it cage fighting. i would agree, i hesitiate to call it a sport, but i love watching it.   I am excited to see of Couture will be able to pull it together. 

I just hope its better then that Travisty that was one-oh-one, I'm glad i missed going to the bar for that debacle. So disappointing,  the Penn/Floria Fight was good. I was glad to see Forrest get the shit knocked out of him by a legend then running out of the cage like the chump he is.   

What do you guys think of Griffin? last i heard "he was having trouble dealing with" the loss to The Spider.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By demonbear

Well, Couture already worked with EA in the past with RA3 so it aint that bad.

Anyway, nowadays its all about Georges St-Pierre! oh yeah!

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Phished0ne
    @demonbear:  GSP is a champ, man, i love all those dudes that use to fight back when UFC was completely rediculious..haha
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I wish Mirco Cro Cop got back into his former Pride glory, man he was a fucking awesome fighter, but he did win his last fight in UFC 99 and has an upcoming fight in UFC 103, if can get back in shape and train like a madman, he may have a shot at Brock Lesnar.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Phished0ne

I kinda wish they would let the fighters have personalities though, it would be a bit more entertaining if it didnt have to be all "hugs and handshakes" afterwards..took it more in a WWE direction, not necessarily having weird angles and shit, but letting the fighters talk more trash about each other and stuff. 

@Bucketdeth: yeah Cro Cop is one of those guys i would love to see make a big comeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Phished0ne said:
    " I kinda wish they would let the fighters have personalities though, it would be a bit more entertaining if it didnt have to be all "hugs and handshakes" afterwards..took it more in a WWE direction, not necessarily having weird angles and shit, but letting the fighters talk more trash about each other and stuff. 

@Bucketdeth: yeah Cro Cop is one of those guys i would love to see make a big comeback "
    Mirko is awesome, but about the WWE direction... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo please noooooo.
    Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kill
    @Bucketdeth said:
    "...he may have a shot at Brock Lesnar. "
    I know that no man is infallible but I don't think I'd send anyone to have a shot at Lesnar at this point. He's kind of like the guy who button mashes in every fighting game, yet wins most of the time because the "pros" can't tell what's coming next.  He was terrifying to watch during Lesnar v Mir 2.
    Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Phished0ne
    @Bucketdeth:  I only want it because i think it would do a lot for UFC  to have "Clear cut good guys and bad guys" like i said,  I really don't think it should go "full sports entertainment" but this bullshit "oh we're all athletes i respect you" crap is dumb.  I only like watching a fight if i think the 2 dudes really hate each other. Thats why i liked UFC 100 so much, Brock Lesnar freaking after his match was great..even that was a bit too far though , it just makes it a little more entertaining IMO. 

On a side note, 

Who are some peoples favorite fighters?  mine are Lyoto Machida, Mirko Cro Cop, Rampage Jackson,  Georges St. Pierre, i like Penn a lot too.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BigBoss1911

I watch ufc occasionally .Matt Hughes is probably my favorite fighter. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Phished0ne said:
    " @Bucketdeth:  I only want it because i think it would do a lot for UFC  to have "Clear cut good guys and bad guys" like i said,  I really don't think it should go "full sports entertainment" but this bullshit "oh we're all athletes i respect you" crap is dumb.  I only like watching a fight if i think the 2 dudes really hate each other. Thats why i liked UFC 100 so much, Brock Lesnar freaking after his match was great..even that was a bit too far though , it just makes it a little more entertaining IMO. 

On a side note, 

Who are some peoples favorite fighters?  mine are Lyoto Machida, Mirko Cro Cop, Rampage Jackson,  Georges St. Pierre, i like Penn a lot too.
        "
    I think you should just stick to WWE, UFC isn't acting, there are no bad guys or good guys, there guys making money from fights, professionals who should show respect to each other, not like that shit Brock, he needs his ass kicked, but only godzilla would beable to pull it off.
    Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Phished0ne
    @Bucketdeth:  eh i like it enough that i dont think it NEEDS it, its still entertaining without it, but its like, look at football.  Football is more of a "Sport" then UFC IMO, but those people talk crap on each other all the time.   
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By zombie2011

UFC 102 @RsistncE said:

"  the fight between Nog and Couture is supposed to be for another shot at the title. If Couture loses he may very well be done with the UFC after his contract is up. "
    No the fight for the number 1 contender for Brocks belt is gonna be determined by UFC 104 Shane Carwin vs Cain Velasquez. Hopefully Carwin wins seeing he is a beast and could probably beat Brock.  

UFC 104 will be an awesome card Machida vs Rua will be awesome along with the Carwin fight and the Sean Sherk fight. Hopefully Sherk wins so he can then beat the shit out of B.J.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RsistncE
    @zombie2011: Yeah I know, I don't mean the winner will get a title shot it will just put them in line for title contention. At least that's how they're promoting it.
    Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Phished0ne
    @zombie2011:      Machida vs Rua will be so good i am so excited for that bout.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @Phished0ne said:
    " @zombie2011:      Machida vs Rua will be so good i am so excited for that bout. "
    MEEE 2
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By zombie2011
    @ZombieHunter said:
    " @Phished0ne said:
    " @zombie2011:      Machida vs Rua will be so good i am so excited for that bout. "
    MEEE 2 "
    Yeah, i don't know who i want to win though, both these dudes are fucking awesome.
    Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Phished0ne
    @zombie2011:  Yeah it is rough to try and pick a winner on that one..i would lean towards Lyoto though just because he frustrates everyone in MMA..
    Ugalde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ugalde
    @Phished0ne:
    Look at the deffinition of sport. It is in fact a sport.
    mikethekilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mikethekilla

Can't wait 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.