Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

UFC 2009 Undisputed

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 19, 2009

UFC 2009 Undisputed is a mixed martial arts fighting game developed by Yuke's Osaka, developers of the WWE SmackDown! games. It is the first UFC game to be released under the licensing agreement signed with THQ.

Randy Couture is back with the UFC. Couture/Lesnar in November.

Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hulk

It's a 5 round title fight.  The winner of Nog/Mir will fight the winner of Couture/Lesnar to unify the heavyweight belts.  The UFC is actively pursuing Fedor and trying to work out a deal with Affliction to allow Fedor to fight in the UFC.

This is amazing news for the videogame since this greatly increases the chances of Randy and possibly even Fedor being in the upcoming game.

This news makes Hulk so happy.

Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Evilross

I don't know.... Dana White has to be loving this....

You know the game Hulk, and I'm sure you'll agree that this is a bad, bad match up for Randy.  Couture is getting up there in years, and he knows he has to fight sooner rather then later, but his ego has played right into Dana's hands on this one.

Even as raw as Lesnar is now in terms of a well rounded MMA fighter, what he does bring to the cage is exactly what Couture can't handle. Randy's biggest weapons (clinch, dirtyboxing, and wrestling) are exactly what you DON'T want to do against Lesnar.  Barnett dominated Randy, back when Randy was in his prime, and Barnett was not much more experianced then Lesnar, and Barnett doesn't have anywhere near the physical tools Lesnar has.

I see this fight being the biggest PPV in MMA history. I see Brock winning in a gnp stoppage. And Dana making alot of money, and getting the last laugh on Couture.

And I don't think Fedor fighting Couture is going to happen, I never did, but even more so now. But honestly do you care? Do you really think that Couture has any shot at beating Fedor?

BTW I'm taking Mir over Nog.

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Subway

Lesnar could be a total beast, but he's not there yet.

Kartraith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Kartraith

Randy by TKO/Sub in round 2. Sure Lesnar will probably manhandle him in round one, but Randy will hang in there and win it.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By xxNBxx
    Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hulk
    Evilross said:
    "I don't know.... Dana White has to be loving this....

You know the game Hulk, and I'm sure you'll agree that this is a bad, bad match up for Randy.  Couture is getting up there in years, and he knows he has to fight sooner rather then later, but his ego has played right into Dana's hands on this one.

Even as raw as Lesnar is now in terms of a well rounded MMA fighter, what he does bring to the cage is exactly what Couture can't handle. Randy's biggest weapons (clinch, dirtyboxing, and wrestling) are exactly what you DON'T want to do against Lesnar.  Barnett dominated Randy, back when Randy was in his prime, and Barnett was not much more experianced then Lesnar, and Barnett doesn't have anywhere near the physical tools Lesnar has.

I see this fight being the biggest PPV in MMA history. I see Brock winning in a gnp stoppage. And Dana making alot of money, and getting the last laugh on Couture.

And I don't think Fedor fighting Couture is going to happen, I never did, but even more so now. But honestly do you care? Do you really think that Couture has any shot at beating Fedor?

BTW I'm taking Mir over Nog.

"
    Yes this is an extremely tough match-up for Randy.  Bigger stronger grapplers were why he moved down to 205 in the first place.  However, Randy was still developing his striking and submission game in those days and was still not very well rounded and relied heavily on his wrestling.  It's been years since those fights and he has improved his game loads since then to the point that he is one of the more well rounded fighters in the sport and his game plans are up there with the best.

Hulk has learned time and time again not to count Randy out.  Which is why Hulk will be favoring Lesnar in this just due to sheer size, and pure athleticism however Hulk will not be surprised in the slightest if Randy pulls yet another amazing performance out of his bag of tricks.

Hulk loves this new deal because in the event that Randy gets past Lesnar.  He will fight the winner of Nog/Mir, which is going to be Nog.  Big Nog is the #2 heavyweight of all time and Hulk has always hated how Randy disrespected him by choosing to leave the UFC to pursue Fedor instead of fighting Nog.  The way Hulk sses it is that Couture doesn't deserve to fight Fedor without going through Nog first, which Hulk doesn't think he can do.  Hulk thinks Randy would either get submitted or outboxed to a decision.

Hulk suspects that if Lesnar beats Randy, but the UFC eventually gets Fedor away from Affliction that they will have Fedor fight Randy immediately as a way of showcasing Fedor to the casual MMA fan audience that only watches the UFC.  Once they see Fedor smash Randy he will have instant credibility in their eyes and will be a big draw.  From there they can give him the winner of Lesnar vs Nog/Mir.

The big factor with Randy to Hulk is that he just wasted a year of his fighting career with all of the legal bullshit.  He was already in danger of having his age catch up to him at any moment a year ago.  But now completely throwing a year away like this is extremely detrimental to him and greatly increases the chance that he is going to hit the wall.  It's possible that a year ago he could have had the ability to beat Lesnar, Nog, or give Fedor a fight.  But now with this long lay off it's very likely that father time has caught up to him and now he has missed his window for competing at a high level against those kind of guys.
    cro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cro

What has Lesnar done to deserve a title fight?
    Seriously, it's his fourth professional fight, He's 1-1 in the UFC..

He's turning into the Kimbo of UFC, just build him up to try and get more fans that know jack shit about MMA.

Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Evilross
    cro said:
    "What has Lesnar done to deserve a title fight?
    Seriously, it's his fourth professional fight, He's 1-1 in the UFC..

He's turning into the Kimbo of UFC, just build him up to try and get more fans that know jack shit about MMA.

"

You can't compare Lesnar and KImbo. Sorry, it's just not there. Kimbo is a joke, and a freakshow. Lesnar has a stellar ncaa wrestling background, 106-5 overall, a national championship, and close to 3 years now of dedicated MMA training.

Lesnar gets the fight because it will sell PPV's, and Randy wanted it.  White's not trying to "build him up", if he was he'd be fighting people like O'Brian, Evenson, and Kongo. Instead he gets Mir, Herring, and Couture.
    PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PharoahCapcom

UFC is homo

Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Evilross

You can never count Couture out, and I would not be too surpised to see him pull out some kind of win over Lesnar, but the whole three fight deal seems like a death rattle for Randy's career.

If you look at the way its set up, you'd have to think that White firmly believes Lesnar is going to handle Randy. If not, then he must think that both Mir and Nog are sure bets to beat him. The one thing I'm positive on, is that if this Fedor fight does happen, Dana is pretty sure that Randy will not be HW champ going into the cage agaist Fedor.

There is just no way in the world Dana White would ever let Couture anywere close to Fedor while hes wearing that UFC belt. 

So when Couture gets pummeled by Lesnar, whats the draw of bringing Fedor in to beat up on Randy too? Who else would Fedor fight in the UFC? I don't think anyone is intrested in Fedor/Nog again, that issue has been settled. Fedor/Mir? It doesnt have the star power to sell PPV's. I read an interveiw with Emelianenko once where he said he would be intrested in a fight with Lesnar, but if Lesnar has the belt, Dana's not going to do that unless Fedor is in a iron clad contract with the UFC, and if Lesnar does not have the belt, why bring in someone without a big name in the US to pummel one of your stars?

The whole thing seems like Randy's ego, and father time got in the way of his good judgement.

And Mir's gonna take Nog... I don't know why, i just got this feeling about it. Mir has been looking really slick in the recent vids I've been seeing with him, and Nog looks like he's slowing down. Nog has fought and won over some of the best in the world, but Mir's JJ style is so unorthodox, and smooth, I Think Nog's gonna have a hard time figuring him out.  I just got this feeling.....

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PharoahCapcom
    PharoahCapcom said:
    "UFC is homo"
    xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xxNBxx
    Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hulk

The draw in bringing in Fedor is having the #1 fighter in the world in your organization.  Finding worthy opposition for Fedor is a challenge that any promoter is going to have regardless of where he fights.  Dana White will not care if Fedor comes in and wins the belt if he has Fedor under contract because that makes him a UFC fighter.  It's the same principle behind Rampage coming in and beating Chuck.  People wanted to come up to him and say "Oh how do you feel about this Pride fighter being the new champ?" and his response was always the same "Rampage is not fighting in Pride anymore, he is under contract with us, that makes him a UFC fighter.  So a UFC fighter just became the new UFC champ."

Every new great fighter that comes to the UFC gets a showcase bout to boost their awareness with the casual UFC fans.  Anderson got Leben, Rampage got Marvin Eastman, Shogun got Forrest but that didn't work out so well.  Nog got Herring, etc.  So if Randy loses to Lesnar it is still the best bet to have Fedor's first fight in the UFC to be against Randy since that's a fight that has been talked about and hyped for so long and that is the #1 fight that Randy has wanted for close to two years now.  Hulk wouldn't be surprised if it was even in his new contract that in the event the UFC does land Fedor that Randy is guaranteed to get the first fight with him.

As for the UFC not being willing to put together another Nog/Fedor fight, Hulk completely disagrees with that.  They have been trying vehemently to get a 3rd Wanderlei/Rampage fight signed for the end of the year, and don't think for a second that if everything lines up they won't give Chuck a 3rd shot at Rampage.  Plus like I mentioned before they already gave Nog a 3rd fight with Herring as a showcase bout.  The UFC is more interested in if the fight will draw attention, not if one fighter deserves to be there or not.

As for Mir and Nog, there is nothing at all that Mir has that Nog hasn't dealt with 10 times over.  Hulk agrees that Nog is on the downside of his career and slowing down, but that won't matter with Mir.  Mir is not going to finish Nog and will gas by the 4th round if not before.  Nog will dominate the stand-up with his boxing and out point him to a win.  The ground game will be a non-factor for the most part since even though Nog is much better Mir is good enough to negate everything until there is a stand-up.  But Hulk wouldn't be surprised at all to see Nog catch him with something.

Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Evilross

I just have this feeling about Mir. One of those gut insticts kind of things telling me that Mir is serious about this fight, and is going to be bringing his A game. I disagree that Nog has seen an opponent like Mir before. Mir is very unique in his style, and his BJJ is supurb. Mir has had problems being properly prepared for fights, and alot of people wonder if he has really fully recovered from his accedent. I don't know. But from what I have seen of him, he looks really, really good these days. I can't imagine Nog subbing Mir, and it would be hard to think of Mir catching Nog either. Nog is a good technical boxer, but I don't think he's got the aggression to TKO Mir. Mir is competent on his feet, but he's not striker either.  i do think this will probably go to the scorecards, and I think Mir will win.

Maybe Fedor will end up in the UFC, who knows?  Dana wants to run the best promotion in the world, and all the BS he says about Fedor will suddenly change the moment Fedor's name is on a UFC contract. If he does, I guess your right, they will feed Randy to him. People will buy the PPV no matter what happens with Randy/Lesnar.

Oh, here's that link with Fedor talking about the prospect of a fight with Lesnar : MMABAY 
    If Fedor ends up in the UFC, that a fight that will happen. If Brock has the belt after all the tomfoolery with Randy, Mir, and Nog is done, that will be his first defence.

I am pretty confident Lesnar can handle Couture at this point in their MMA careers. Randy just does not have the skillset that you need to beat him. Clinching, dirtyboxing, and wrestling are not going to get the job done. Lesnar's much bigger, much stronger, faster, better cardio, and even if you say that their wrestling skills are on abuot the same level, brocks weight and strength advantage tips the scale decidedly in his favor. Couture is not a submission fighter, he has two subs in his career. He's become an improved boxer, but he'snot a striker, not known for his punching power. What he brings to the cage is not what you need to beat Lesnar.

I think that Randy / Fedor would actually be a pretty good fight, even though the outcome is not in doubt. Randy would have a better fight with Fedor then Lesnar, just because of the way the styles match up. Randy / Fedor, good fight, but Fedor wins 9/10 times. Randy / Brock, bad matchup. You can say the same thing with Brock / Fedor. Its a bad matchup, but on Brocks end. Lesnar would be lucky to make it out of the first against Fedor at this point in his career.

MMA is not so much about who beat who, its a contrast of styles and skill. Randy handled GG pretty easily, but think GG would give Brock all he could handle. 

If fedor does make it to the UFC I wonder if there is any chance of Barnett coming back? Thats the fight i want to see. Not Randy, or Brock, or Nog part 3.

Fedor / Barnett.  If Fedor does get beat, Barnett will be the guy that does it.

Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hulk

Nog has beaten better wrestlers, better BJJ guys, better strikers, and guys that were more well rounded.  Mir's most impressive win was the Sylvia arm snap.  He did well in subbing Brock but that was really just because Brock made a rookie mistake.  Other than that his only real noteworthy wins were against Tank who has always just been a can with a big name from the old days, and Wes Simms a C-level journeyman that is game to fight anyone, he's sort of like a much worse version of Heath Herring, and Frank really looked like shit in that fight.  There is nothing that MIr brings to the table that Nog hasn't handled a dozen times over and he's never shown anything exceptional that could pose a threat to Nog.

The only way Hulk sees Mir winning is by out wrestling Nog, using his size and strength to hold him down in a very boring decision win.  But Hulk highly doubts that is going to happen, Nog has shown the ability to deal with much larger stronger wrestlers than Mir without too much trouble.

Yeah Hulk has been wanting to see Barnett vs Fedor for years.  He's the one top tier heavyweight that Fedor hasn't faced, and he has the style and physical attributes to give Fedor a good fight even if he himself can't get past Cro Cop and barely scraped a decision win over a Nog that has seen better days.  Cro Cop just has the style to own Barnett everytime, but Barnett would probably do much better against Fedor than Cro Cop did.

Randy's submission game shouldn't be discredited, it has come a long way since his early days in the UFC.  He's at the point now where he can stalemate and actually mount offense against a guy the level of Jacare, who he competed against in a submission tournament to a draw.  That in and of itself is impressive and gives tons of credibility to his newly improved BJJ skills.  He has already shown the savvy to choke out an experienced MMA veteran wrestler in Van Arsdale with an anaconda choke, there's no reason to believe he couldn't catch Brock with something equally slick and unexpected especailly since Lesnar doesn't have half the experience Van Arsdale did.

Plus there are still tons of questions that still need to be answered about Brock's chin.  He has yet to be tagged and what's to say that Randy won't be the man to expose that?  Randy isn't a Chuck or Cro Cop but he does have good power and can hurt the big boys if he connects.  Randy is great at gameplans and Hulk could see him staying on the outside, circling and using angles to avoid takedowns while working to outbox Lesnar.  Also along with his chin we have no idea if he has a penchant for being cut,  Randy could just land a few elbows, cut him up and get a stoppage that way.   It's usually pretty weak seeing a fight stopped that way, but it is a part of the sport and has to be taken into account.  Hulk thinks when Fedor does inevitable get another blemish on his record it will be due to fighting in the U.S. against someone that lands a few elbows on him. 

The biggest issue Randy faces against Lesnar is that Hulk thinks Randy is going to want to put Lesnar on his back and take him out of his element which is where most new wrestlers to MMA struggle for a long time before getting comfortable there.  Similar to the strategy GSP used against Koscheck.   So we may see Randy trying a stick and move boxing attack for a round doing his best to avoid any kind of clinch work and avoiding Lesnars takedowns, and then in the next round shooting for double and single legs looking for takedowns.  The problem there is that is not his strong suit, Randy's a greco guy and likes to tie up and then lift his opponents up for the slam.  Which would be a ridiculously tall task against Lesnar just due to his sheer size.  Hulk thinks that when Randy transitions to working for takedowns Lesnar is going to end up stuffing it and taking Randy down, which is going to be his downfall.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xxNBxx
    Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Evilross
    xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xxNBxx

I have to disagree with you on Randy lossing to Mir.  In all the fights Mir has had his stand up has been his weakest link,  Randy has learned enough to avode any bottom position Subs that Frank can put on him,  I don't see Mir taking Randy down thus Mir's stand up will once again be his lossing factor.

You also have to think of training partners, Randy has some of the best at his gym what does Mir have?  You train with better fighters you get better, there is some MMATH that works. 

Also don't think Rothwell would do any better then Tim did.
    And not sure Werdum would Sub him.
    (Yes i know a lot of Randy' s early losses came from Subs but he now has competed against world class BJJ and was not subed.)
    As for the rest of your "top 10" I am not sure if he would win those would be some great fights though, to bad Randy probly only has like 3-4 fights left.

Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hulk
    xxNBxx said:
    "

Hulk i don't think Randy is going to try to take Brock down with a single or a double,  I think Randy will stand with Brock and try to get a knockdown then test his ground game.  If he does get Lesnar on his back we will quickly see the skill difference and i wouldn't be shocked to see Randy get a rear naked choke and make Lesnar tap. 

But trying to stand with Lesnar might be to much  of a task.  Lesnars speed and size might be to much.  So the only other way Randy can win is the same way Mir won.  After Lesnar gets the takedown look for a Sub from the bottom.  like a guillotine choke, triangle choke, armbar, or go for the leg. (don't think Lesnar will fall into it again but its posable)

"
    Like Hulk described in his post Hulk thinks it's very likely that after a round or two of outside boxing Randy will try to catch Brock off guard and off balance and shoot for a double or single and hopefully drag him down and put the big man on his back where Brock will likely be a fish out of water like pretty much every newbie wrestler to MMA.  Countless rookie wrestlers get handled when they are on their back because it takes them a very long time to become comfortable there and many don't train very much fighting off their back.

Evilross said:
    "

Brock will not be on his back in this fight. I'm sorry, but Randy is just not big enough to put  Lesnar on his back and keep in in a domanant position long enough.

If your going to beat Lesnar your going to have to do what Mir did, or what Fedor did to HMC. And I'm not even sure the Fedor armbar from half-guard would work on Lesnar.

Yea, Lesnar chin is a question. But hes been in with three folks now, and noones landed a solid punch on him... what does that tell you? And one was Herring....  The guy has no neck and a head the size of a Toyota car engine. Do you really think he has a Jardine Jaw?

Couture is a wrestler. He always has been, and hes a damn good one. He's had years to work on other skills, and he's a much more rounded fight now then he was when Chuck was knocking him silly.

But think about this.  Couture lost 2 straight at heavyweight before dropping to LHW.  At LHW he beat a smaller wrestler in Tito, and got KTFO by Liddell.  Then he comes back to UFC and fights the worlds most uncoordinated fighter, Big Timmeh, and then fights a overweight Gonzaga, a JJ/Striker tailor made to get beat by a greko wrestler like Randy. 

Yes, I gonna say it. I think Couture is vastly overrated. I'm not even sure he's a top ten fighter at heavyweight.  Fedor, Nog, Barnett, AA, Werdum, Lesnar, Cain, Alexander, MIr, Rothwell, and Nelson would all beat him.

And I know Nog has fought better guys, and I know Nog has a great chin, and is just as talented as Mir on the ground. I just like Mir in this fight. Like I said, I just got a feeling Mir is gonna be ready, and Nog isn't.

"
    Again like Hulk said above, if Randy can get Brock focusing on nothing but stand-up he could try to catch him off-balance and score a takedown.  Will he have much success just going for tons of takedowns straight away and making it obvious?  No.  But he could easily get a takedown off of a striking exchange.  This all depends on him being able to circle away from Brock constantly, keeping the distance, avoiding Brock's takedowns and tagging him on the feet with crisp boxing.  If he's able to put Brock on the defensive and worrying about getting hit this leads to ring generalship and controlling the fight, which will allow Randy to throw a combination that will pause Brock at which point Randy would go for a takedown.  Doesn't matter how big Brock is, if Randy can catch him like this he can take him down.

None of the factors you listed about his chin mean anything.  There are guys that are built just like Mark Hunt but have glass jaws, while there are plenty of people with the same facial structure as Caol Uno but they can shrug off a hard hook like it's nothing.  Having a chin is just something that is individual to each person, whether or not someone has a large head or not is a very, very small factor in any of that.  Also, Keith Jardine's jaw isn't that bad.  Just because a guy gets knocked out by two guys with lots of knockout power doesn't mean his chin is weak, he just didn't do a good job of protecting it against two opponents with heavy hands.  He's taken decent shots from other fighters before and been fine.

Something else about the Randy/Brock fight is that it will be 5 rounds.  Brock's cardio in a 5 round fight is still unproven and he did slow down a bit at the end of the Herring fight.  If Randy can keep a good pace and avoid being stopped there's always the possibility that Brock and all that muscle will gas out by the 5th round which can lead to Randy taking over.  But then also on that same token a big issue is that with this extra year lay off, Randy has only gotten older and odds are his cardio isn't going to be up to the usual standards and dealing with such a huge guy for 5 rounds could very well tire him out first.

Things like this are why this match-up is so intriguing to Hulk and why even though Hulk would have preferred Nog vs Couture, Hulk can still get behind this fight since there are so many things that could happen with it.  These reasons are also why Hulk is ushering people to favor Brock, but to by no means say it's a guaranteed win.  Randy Couture is never to be overlooked.  Hulk has learned this the hard way.  The last several years everytime Hulk picks against him, he wins.  While whenever Hulk picks him, he loses.  Only two fights in the last few years that Randy has won when Hulk picked him was against Gonzaga and Van Arsdale.   Randy pisses Hulk off with things like that but then makes Hulk happy when he "shocks the world" with big upset wins.

Hulk feels that Randy is a bit overrated as a heavyweight but nowhere near to the extent that you mention in that post.  He would kill Rothwell and Nelson they're nowhere near the same league.  Randy would have tough fights with Aleks E, Velasquez (only because at this point he is still unproven but shows a lot of promise), Arlovski, and Werdum but he could beat them.  But when it comes to Fedor, Nog, Barnett,  Hulk doesn't see Randy getting by them.

Hulk still feels that Randy is much better suited to 205 and Hulk strongly believes that his last two losses to Chuck were more due to personal issues interfering with his training and focus going into the fight.  Hulk thinks that Randy would handle him in a 4th fight along with many other 205ers.  But like Hulk has continuously said, being at this level of ability is most likely over for him, it's very unlikely that he can still perform like this at his current age.  He can only continue to defy father time for so long.  Hulk thinks that when we do see him lose he is going to look like he turned into a geriatric over night.
    Liono88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Liono88

If Lesnar wins he is legit.....but if he loses to the submissions veteran, his career will fall very fast

Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Evilross

Well, I guess we will all see how this plays out over the next  year.

My personal feeling is that Couture is going to lose to Lesnar, fight the loser of Mir / Nog, and then if the UFC gets Fedor, he'll get the Fedor fight as Fedor's UFC debut. If Fedor doesn't come, he'll prolly either fight Liddell at 205, or maybe get a fight with Cain if the UFC wants to build up Cain's rep for a showdown with Lesnar.

Anyway it goes, I see Randy retiring for good after this three fight run, and leaving MMA with a career record of 16-11.

Also, don't be so quick to dissmiss Roy "Big Country Dinner" Nelson.  He looks like a tub of lard, but he's a JJ black belt, a great striker with KO power, and very slippery in the clinch and on the ground. He's never been submited or KO'ed, and beat Frank Mir in a grappling match. His only losses was a split decision to Rothwell (i fight i feel he won) and a decision to big Josh Curran in a fight he fought while sick. 

Rothwell is a legit HW as well, he had not lost a fight since 2005 untill AA KO'ed him in the third at Affliction, and to be honest, getting KO'ed by AA is something that can happen to any heavyweight. And he had Andre in trouble on the ground at one point in that fight. (mostly due to a stupid move by AA, but he was in trouble none the less)

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xxNBxx

I dont like Rothwell fighting style, Every fight i have seen him in she shows no real skill improvment.  Both times he fought top ten fighters he lost, a trend i don't see changing.

Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jordan23
    This should be an interesting fight. Brock Lesnar has all the tools to be an dominant fighter, it's just going to take him some time. I wouldn't be surprise is the wily veteran Randy Couture win the fight.
    Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Evilross

I thought Id bump this thread.....

I been saying Mir was gonna take out Nog since before the TUF season started.

Mir looks fantastic, hes back in championship form after all this time since his motorcycle wreck... the man got skill....

Turns out I was right... Mir thrashed Big Nog in a one sided beatdown.... Nogs a legend, and yea he's slowed down a bit since his prime in Pride when Fedor was king, but Mir is just hot right now... he's the real deal.

Can't wait for Mir vs Lesnar II..... this time its for the belt, and this time Lesnar isn't gonna make a stupid mistake and stand over him like a statue...

If Mir wins this one over Lesnar, he's gonna have to earn it.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gunswordfist

Lesnar has Mir's belt and his going to take it from him.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gunswordfist
    Evilross said:
    "You can never count Couture out, and I would not be too surpised to see him pull out some kind of win over Lesnar, but the whole three fight deal seems like a death rattle for Randy's career.

If you look at the way its set up, you'd have to think that White firmly believes Lesnar is going to handle Randy. If not, then he must think that both Mir and Nog are sure bets to beat him. The one thing I'm positive on, is that if this Fedor fight does happen, Dana is pretty sure that Randy will not be HW champ going into the cage agaist Fedor.

There is just no way in the world Dana White would ever let Couture anywere close to Fedor while hes wearing that UFC belt. 

So when Couture gets pummeled by Lesnar, whats the draw of bringing Fedor in to beat up on Randy too? Who else would Fedor fight in the UFC? I don't think anyone is intrested in Fedor/Nog again, that issue has been settled. Fedor/Mir? It doesnt have the star power to sell PPV's. I read an interveiw with Emelianenko once where he said he would be intrested in a fight with Lesnar, but if Lesnar has the belt, Dana's not going to do that unless Fedor is in a iron clad contract with the UFC, and if Lesnar does not have the belt, why bring in someone without a big name in the US to pummel one of your stars?

The whole thing seems like Randy's ego, and father time got in the way of his good judgement.

And Mir's gonna take Nog... I don't know why, i just got this feeling about it. Mir has been looking really slick in the recent vids I've been seeing with him, and Nog looks like he's slowing down. Nog has fought and won over some of the best in the world, but Mir's JJ style is so unorthodox, and smooth, I Think Nog's gonna have a hard time figuring him out.  I just got this feeling....."
    This man's a psychic and a genius.
    Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Evilross
    gunswordfist said:
    "Evilross said:
    "You can never count Couture out, and I would not be too surpised to see him pull out some kind of win over Lesnar, but the whole three fight deal seems like a death rattle for Randy's career.

And Mir's gonna take Nog... I don't know why, i just got this feeling about it. Mir has been looking really slick in the recent vids I've been seeing with him, and Nog looks like he's slowing down. Nog has fought and won over some of the best in the world, but Mir's JJ style is so unorthodox, and smooth, I Think Nog's gonna have a hard time figuring him out.  I just got this feeling....."
    This man's a psychic and a genius."
    Thanks.

I just call it like a see it and I saw this outcome from a mile away.

I'm not psychic however, I picked Forrest.... what a shame. I really have come to like Forrest. I think that fight goes Forrest's way 7 out of  10 times, he just slipped and had to fight off his back, and Rashad made the most of it.

Mir will have to earn his win over Lesnar this time, and it's not gonna happen. Lesnar is going to make short work of Mir on his feet. Mir's boxing looks better then it ever has, but Lesnar's power and reach is downright scary. And if he gets in trouble he can clinch, and his clinchwork is nothing short of dominating and brutal. Mir can win on the ground if he's not knocked silly, or if Brock makes a mistake, but Lesnar Mir II doesn't favor Mir in any way at all.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TwoOneFive

i thought randy being in the game was a done deal dude. 

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By gunswordfist

Your welcome.

I haven't followed Griffin's career since I'm new to the sport but from what I saw Evans looked very likely to win. Griffin's not known for striking and Evans knocked out Chuck so I had to go with him.

And I STRONGLY disagree with you about Lesnar Vs. Mir 2. From what I recall in the UFC 92 preview, Mir was just making his big come back around the time he fought Lesnar. Sure Lesnar was a rookie but I doubt he has gotten enough skill to run over Mir. I believe the Nog fight showed that Mir has just fully recovered. Plus his striking has definitely improved. Mir's confidence and abilities are through the roof now. I don't think Lesnar will be able to knock him down from that. I'm actually a Lesnar fan but he doesn't have a prayer. 

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By StaticFalconar
    gunswordfist said:
    "Your welcome.

I haven't followed Griffin's career since I'm new to the sport but from what I saw Evans looked very likely to win. Griffin's not known for striking and Evans knocked out Chuck so I had to go with him.

And I STRONGLY disagree with you about Lesnar Vs. Mir 2. From what I recall in the UFC 92 preview, Mir was just making his big come back around the time he fought Lesnar. Sure Lesnar was a rookie but I doubt he has gotten enough skill to run over Mir. I believe the Nog fight showed that Mir has just fully recovered. Plus his striking has definitely improved. Mir's confidence and abilities are through the roof now. I don't think Lesnar will be able to knock him down from that. I'm actually a Lesnar fan but he doesn't have a prayer. "
    Thats the thing, Lesnar didn't run over anybody in any of his fights, cause he was smart like Mir was in his fight to take it step by step so you don't get caught off guard. Just like Lesnar only went and 'Donkey Konged' Randy when the opportunity was there, so did Mir on Nog when the opportunity fully opened up. This fight will actually be hard to tell since Mir has got second wind in his career and Lesnar has shown the ability to learn and overcome great odds. Definately not super one sided and it will be an intereting draw.

Lets just say I'm not confident enough to make a bet against either fighters.
    gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By gunswordfist

Yes I know Lesnar does make smart moves. But Mir has that advantage over him too.

Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Evilross

Mir is not a striker, never has been, never will be. He looked really good last night, but you can see he's was working hard on standing with Nog. I was also blown away with Mir's cardio. He looked clean as a whistle after the fight, he went two rounds, outboxed and pounded out big Nog, and didn't really break a sweat... Mir has really got himself back to form... I'm so fucking proud of him, he's a great guy.

However........ Lesnar is gonna maul his ass. Its just that simple. Lesnar is a beast striking, he has a huge reach advantage, and he's a much better wrestler, so Lesnar is going to decide where and how this fight goes.

Mir got owned by Lesnar in the first fight, and Lesnars striking was really green compared to what it is now. Mir can't stand with him, and MIr can't take him down.... Mir is fucked this fight.

Just like the first time, this is Brocks fight to lose. He made a rookie mistake, and lost the fight the first time, I HIGHLY doubt thats gonna happen again.

I really admire Mir for his skill, his heart as of late, and his massive knowledge of the sport. However, Lesnar is gonna rape him.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.