Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

UFC 2009 Undisputed

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 19, 2009

UFC 2009 Undisputed is a mixed martial arts fighting game developed by Yuke's Osaka, developers of the WWE SmackDown! games. It is the first UFC game to be released under the licensing agreement signed with THQ.

The Problem with online play

mahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mahi

i have noticed a couple of problems with online play with this game. 

1.  UFC is a game that demands pin point timing, especially on the ground.  When someone is making a transition and you're trying to counter it even a little lag will mess the timing up.  If he's in side control it's the difference between you being in a mount and getting a reversal.

2.  This is the major problem.  My record online is 27-11.  My record should be 37-11.  Everybody is dashboarding the game once the submission animation reaches the second phase.  You don't get credit for the win, he doesn't get the loss.  it's so annoying.  it's come to the point where you have to win by flash KO bc even if you mount up and start landing strikes they'll dashboard. 

just venting ... 

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Lowbrow

I havent seen near as many Dc'er online as some people are saying, but its a problem that should have been thought of way before the game out.

That said, report Dcs, its the only way

bandresen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bandresen

Oh the latter thing truly sucks.

Fifa 09 had a system of assigning a DNF% (=Did not Finish) to everyone playing and after a certain amount of minutes played you will get a loss when you disconnect. So if you notice that the game is lagging like crazy you can still quit until the ingame clock is higher than 15 minutes without getting a penalty. Afterwards you will be credited with a 0-3 loss and one match will be marked as DNF.

Of course the system for matchmaking can be filtered for people that have a very low percentage of DNF so that honest people get to play honest people and douchebags play douchebags. (Because you can only filter as low as your own DNF is, so it encourages to play to completion even if you lose.)

mahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mahi
    @bandresen: true
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By guiseppe

I'm so sick and tired of people quitting out as soon as they start losing. I'm going to begin listing them from now on.

Merx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Merx

Just file a complaint. I do. Enough people do it and its ban hammer. Do it under game tampering, cheating. As it comes under affecting the outcome of the game.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By guiseppe

That's not an option on the PS3, unfortunately.

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jnal

I thought about doing a list on here I would absolutely contribute to it as their are many games where I destroy someone and they quit. I just submit a review saying they quit early and then report them for cheating.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.