Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

UFC 2009 Undisputed

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 19, 2009

UFC 2009 Undisputed is a mixed martial arts fighting game developed by Yuke's Osaka, developers of the WWE SmackDown! games. It is the first UFC game to be released under the licensing agreement signed with THQ.

The "Which Fighter beats which" thread.

Merx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Merx

Yo,

As we all know, there is a definate rock paper scissors to the stats in this game. Although you can still be beaten by a good player, there is definatly something to be said by choosing the right fighter.

The format is as follows:

[Winning Fighter name] [>] [Losing Fighter name]
    [Comments]

Lyoto Macheda > Rampage Jackson
    Get him to floor and pound. Jackson dosnt have great ground grapple stats.

Forrest Griffin > Lyoto Macheda
    Full mount Lyoto. His lack of reach should allow you to get a few kicks in the head before taking him to the floor and going full mount or submission. Lyoto has good ground grapple stats BUT a good player should be able to overcome this.

Rampage Jackson > Forest Griffin
    Get forrest in a standing half neck grab and pound away with strong and weak punches. If the player effectivly breaks out of these, just stay close to forest and get on the inside. He has a massive reach so you need to use your boxing to knock him down. You can on occasion, depending on the player, get full mount and your strength should pound his head through the floor. 1 chance at full mount is usually enough. Be wary of submissions, use your palm to rotate the stick for technical escape.

Feel free to add your own. Stick to the format for easy reading.

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Monopolized

Frank Mir > Brock Lesnar

Charge across double leg takedown then [input submission here] and the fights over. Lesnar has a 40 submission defense.

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Subway
    @ConfusedSanity said:
    " Frank Mir > Brock LesnarCharge across double leg takedown then [input submission here] and the fights over. Lesnar has a 40 submission defense. "
    Frank Mir>Everyone :p

Sean Sherk>BJ, just mount and ground and pound
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By TheGreatGuero

TheGreatGuero > All Challengers

That's how it's worked out at my house so far ;) However, I still think I kind of suck. I totally am not too hot at the ground stuff and have already forgotten most of the stuff I learned in that ridiculously long and slow tutorial. Actually, I usually just go with random select when fighting because I don't follow UFC and only know maybe 3-4 guys in the game. Pretty cool game, though, but the training and stuff between fights in the career mode really bores me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.