Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

UFC 2009 Undisputed

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 19, 2009

UFC 2009 Undisputed is a mixed martial arts fighting game developed by Yuke's Osaka, developers of the WWE SmackDown! games. It is the first UFC game to be released under the licensing agreement signed with THQ.

This game is absolutely unplayable online.

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Flushes

The input delay present in even relatively lag-free environments makes reversals, counter-grappling strikes, and sprawling completely impossible to do on reaction. You either guess and do it right, or wait for the animation and eat the punch/takedown thanks to the incurably shitty netcode. The entire game feels like it's taking place underwater compared to local play, and it undermines the entire point of the game.

Merx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Merx

I find I dont have a problem. Only 1 or 2 games out of 10 tend to suck.

Im finding that the career mode though is fucking retarded. I spent 2 rounds pounding Forest Griffin and Tito Ortiz until they were both bleeding and swelling up, Forest gets me with a cheap submission and Tito takes me to ground and we roll around for about a min until he finally defeats my counters and hits me like 5 times and knocks me out, when he is dipping blood.

This game has really rough edges, I must agree.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Cube

That's disappointing. I might rent it for the hell of it.

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Flushes

I'm not talking about matches that suck. I'm talking about the quarter-to-tenth second input delay present in absolutely EVERY MATCH. It's just enough to make everything in the game that requires sharp reactions or timing completely useless. Playing locally, you can wait for the animation of a transition to start before reversing. Online, you've got to guess, and that isn't arguable, even in the best of circumstances. Japanese developers continue to prove themselves utterly inept when it comes it recognizing obvious issues with taking their games online, and there is no excuse for it.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By End_Boss
    Flushes said:
    I'm not talking about matches that suck. I'm talking about the quarter-to-tenth second input delay present in absolutely EVERY MATCH. ... [more]
    Everything is always arguable. You will find this to be true as you spend more time on the internet.
    LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

so it is undisputed that this game sucks online?? sorry, i had to say it.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By m1k3

I stopped playing online because of all these damn quitters. I haven't had any problems with input delays though

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stealthdf2

I havent had  any problems online except the occacional quiter but thq is working on something for that. I have had minimal lag problems on a cable connection, usually it is good but when it is bad its the other persons connection sucking. im signed up for UOC 1 this weekend. www.undisputedonline.net

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Subway

It sounds more like you're upset that you can't win.

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Flushes

I'm 18-5, so please take your trolling elsewhere. A game that requires timing this precise becomes a joke under the conditions these developers have deemed sufficient for online play. Do you want to know how I've gotten to 18-5? I take them down, and immediately go straight to mount, because nobody can reverse transitions online, including myself. For the record, I can reverse a transition 100 percent of the time offline simply by waiting for the animation to start and flicking back. Keep trying though, asshole.

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By stealthdf2

I think you connection sucks or something dude cause i have no issues with lag 99% of the time. and reversals are done frquently by a lot of people. Maybe you should drop your aDSL for a real connection.

circaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By circaender
    @Flushes:
    Im 46-19 and i know what you are talking about..but after awhile you time it better and it feels good.. i have a few laggy matches.. but to say this game is unplayable online is pretty much rediculous.
    Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
    pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

write a review

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Flushes

No, it isn't ridiculous for me to expect a game that professes a high level of timing-based technicality to retain any of it when played online. Compared to local play, online feels slow and sticky, and you all know it's true. And yes, reversals are done frequently, but you have to guess at the timing for each match because the connection can be wildly different every time, and you can very rarely do it on reaction to the transition animation like you can locally. You don't even understand the difference, do you? Ever try to bock a head kick on reaction when playing online? There is a right way and a wrong way to run a fighting game online: HD remix and GGPO are doing it right with rollbacks. This game, and, unfortunately, SF4, are doing it the wrong way by introducing input delay. Any tournament level or highly technical Street Fighter player will tell you that input delay is unacceptable if you're serious about competetive play. The most depressing thing here is that while SF4 also introduces delay, it is very minor compared to this game, and hitting difficult one-frame links is still possible with an average connection. The developers themselves are claiming that the upcoming patch will address certain lag issues, and here's to hoping that this is what they're talking about, because otherwise, this game is not viable for serious competition online.

circaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By circaender
    @Flushes:
    well, i believe you have this problem... I dont.. so im sorry for you i suppose.
    stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By stealthdf2
    @circaender said:
    "@Flushes:
    well, i believe you have this problem... I dont.. so im sorry for you i suppose.
    "

same here sorry you are having so many issues. lag is minimal on my end
    Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Subway
    @Flushes said:
    " I'm 18-5, so please take your trolling elsewhere. A game that requires timing this precise becomes a joke under the conditions these developers have deemed sufficient for online play. Do you want to know how I've gotten to 18-5? I take them down, and immediately go straight to mount, because nobody can reverse transitions online, including myself. For the record, I can reverse a transition 100 percent of the time offline simply by waiting for the animation to start and flicking back. Keep trying though, asshole. "
    Someone is overreacting just a tad bit. oh and by the way,  I was fully mounted probably ten times today and didn't lose a single one of the fights, so don't give me this shit about not being able to reverse transitions.
    Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Flushes

Then the people you were playing against were terrible. Being fully mounted by a competent player is practically a death sentence. There is so little risk involved with immediately taking someone down and working from there, whether it be with strikes from guard/side control, or a fast full mount, that you'd have to be crazy to do anything else while playing online. The split second of input delay favours takedown attempts and repeated strikes from the top while blocking the grounded man's attempts to transition out. Played locally, the game behaves more like a fighting game in that it rewards fast reflexes by making strike counters and takedown sprawls viable on reaction; if you manage to read your opponent and correctly guess his next move, then your reward is even larger proportionate to the risk involved with guessing. When played online, even on an excellent connection, the defensive side of the game suffers the most because it is more reliant on timing. In an online environment, performing defensive actions purely on reaction becomes less reliable, and you are forced to guess far more often, whether you have a read on your opponent or not. The focus of the game changes, and the defensive side becomes an all-or-nothing struggle against an opponent who can simply force his offensive actions upon you and, more often than not, succeed.

This game is in dire need of some form of meter or score for the quality of connection with your opponent, and (this one is highly unlikely) a GGPO/HD remix style of netcode that uses rollbacks rather than raw Quake 3 style input delay. However, since this will become an annual franchise, we probably won't see any of this until next year. Here's to hoping that they get it right, because input delay is unacceptable in a game that contains so many tight, timing-based defensive actions.
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By carlthenimrod

I've had no problem with input delay. Now with quitters on the other hand, waiting for the patch to fix that for now.

darkspirit138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By darkspirit138
    @Flushes said:
    " Then the people you were playing against were terrible. Being fully mounted by a competent player is practically a death sentence. There is so little risk involved with immediately taking someone down and working from there, whether it be with strikes from guard/side control, or a fast full mount, that you'd have to be crazy to do anything else while playing online. The split second of input delay favours takedown attempts and repeated strikes from the top while blocking the grounded man's attempts to transition out. Played locally, the game behaves more like a fighting game in that it rewards fast reflexes by making strike counters and takedown sprawls viable on reaction; if you manage to read your opponent and correctly guess his next move, then your reward is even larger proportionate to the risk involved with guessing. When played online, even on an excellent connection, the defensive side of the game suffers the most because it is more reliant on timing. In an online environment, performing defensive actions purely on reaction becomes less reliable, and you are forced to guess far more often, whether you have a read on your opponent or not. The focus of the game changes, and the defensive side becomes an all-or-nothing struggle against an opponent who can simply force his offensive actions upon you and, more often than not, succeed.

This game is in dire need of some form of meter or score for the quality of connection with your opponent, and (this one is highly unlikely) a GGPO/HD remix style of netcode that uses rollbacks rather than raw Quake 3 style input delay. However, since this will become an annual franchise, we probably won't see any of this until next year. Here's to hoping that they get it right, because input delay is unacceptable in a game that contains so many tight, timing-based defensive actions.
    "
    All in all, it just seems that you have to play a few matches, get your internet checked, and maybe get a bit better at the game. And dont get moody.
    angelfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By angelfan91

I haven't had much of a problem with lag.  It's the stupid rage quitters that are pissing me off.  If someone quits, the shouldn't be counted as invalid.  If someone truly did just have a bad connection, oh well.  If you're broadband connection is that bad then maybe it's time to switch service providers.

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Flushes

None of you are understanding the problem. It isn't lag; if I had to put a latency to most of these matches it would probably be around 100. There is no packet loss and the game is smooth, but there is undoubtedly a disconnect from your inputs and the action on the screen that is not present when played locally. You can attempt to steer this discussion toward my supposed lack of skill all you want, but you appear no closer to understanding the issue at hand. And, once again, I have an overwhemingly positive record in ranked play to the tune of an 80 percent win rate in over 100 matches. I'm not here to compare e-peens, I'm here to have a discussion on the ramifications of this type of netcode in an online fighting game. What happens if this game becomes technical to the point of Street Fighter 4 or KOFXII (unlikely as that may be), and frame data begins to be examined? This game drops as many as 5-10 frames even on an absolutely excellent connection, and on a merely good connection, it just gets worse. To anyone with a good amount of experience playing fighting games seriously, this feels like an eternity and is game-breaking.

While you could argue that the timing in this game isn't as strict as that of SF4, the fact remains that this game manages latency in what the fighting game community as unanimously dubbed the wrong way, and the both the technical side and online competitive potential of the game suffer for it.
    stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By stealthdf2

wha wha wah go play sf4 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By jakob187

I've heard so many people complain about lag on this game, but I NEVER had lag when I was playing online.  I just hate the random KO system that is in place.  I just don't understand how I can lay into someone for two fucking rounds, get their stamina in the red, while I'm still in the green...and out of nowhere, I get three or four punches at me and I'm KO'd without a fighting chance.

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By stealthdf2

the game calculates damage done on the fly and takes into consideration angle of attack, momentum, both fighters stance and much more.

also there is whats called a minor and a major counter.
    a minor would be if you are hit when finishing an attack/recovering from one...such as a missed kick and then you get hit

a major would be you getting hit while starting an attack. such as you are starting a high kick and havent connected yet but they connecwhile you are perfmorming said move.

major has the highest chance of a KO

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jakob187
    @stealthdf2: Riiiiiiight...  I'm sure the game takes all that into calculation, but again, I reiterate what I said in case you didn't read it:

I laid into the fucker for two rounds, and he never blocked a single hit.  He was in the red, throwing wild punches and kicks left and right.  He didn't even have any ground and pound game, and every time I scored a takedown, he could barely counter out of it.

Then, out of the middle of nowhere, after I've thrown close to 70-80 punches and kicks over the course of TWO FUCKING ROUNDS, he throws three punches that land on me and I'm lights out.

Angle, trajectory, ability to jerk off in less than 10 seconds with one hand, I don't give a fuck WHAT someone's excuse is.  I can guarantee that my 70-80 punches should've knocked him out COLD, especially when it's Rampage fucking Jackson going against "Glassjaw" Lyoto Machida...whose punches are weak in the first place.
    stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By stealthdf2

ok well no matter how much you want to cry about losing it still does what i said above. it was stated in a developer interview earlier.

you got KTFO bottom line. its ok cause you can play as much as you want and im sure when you get the KO you dont wonder why do you?

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Flushes

I can't tell if this stealth guy is a troll or just twelve. Either way, this is clearly not the forum to try to discuss anything meaningful without having everyone resort to personal attacks and lack-of-skill accusations. Yes, the game drops frames between inputs and actions, and yes, the flash knockout stuff is definitely also a factor in preventing anyone from taking it seriously competetively. I guess SRK has, like, one thread for this game? I'll leave you kids to whatever it is you think this conversation is about. 

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By stealthdf2

dude even if the ame does drop frames wtf is the pointbringing your complaint about it here?? go to thq forums and try to at least being it to someone that can address it andfis it. besides there isa patch comming on the 13th to address lag and quitters and other issues. im just tired of people complaining when the majority do not have any prob.
    and f;ash Ko is just part of MMA/UFC   i doubt there is a way tp dp it in a game without  the possibility of it happening more frequently than in real life., the facttors for it to happen in real life come about far less than in a game simulation where people take far more chances and try to get the KO as much as possibleas oppose to a real fight where people do not take as many chances and do not open themselves up to a big punch to the face as often.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jakob187
    @stealthdf2 said:
    "ok well no matter how much you want to cry about losing it still does what i said above. it was stated in a developer interview earlier.

you got KTFO bottom line. its ok cause you can play as much as you want and im sure when you get the KO you dont wonder why do you?"

*ugh*  It's like talking to a brick wall.  Really, it is.  So you are trying to tell me that within 70-80 punches, I wasn't landing the right angles...but within three punches, he did?  Well, how exactly do I go about doing that?  Where are these angles and pressure points and such?  Do I need to take advanced anatomy classes for this?  -_-

All I'm saying is that despite what calculations and angles and other bullshit the developers want to throw out as excuses, the fact still remains that plenty of people still feel like the game is left more to chance than it is to actual level of skill required.  =   /  I'm not saying that the game sucks ass or anything.  It's actually really nice to have such a technical fighting game.  Unfortunately, when I can pummel a dood and he stays up, but he can throw three punches and I'm out like a fucking light, then it makes me question why all that technicality is there in the first place.

Also, there have been plenty of occasions where I got KO's and questioned it.  For instance, if you look at my achievements, you'll notice that I have the achievement for knocking someone out in less than 20 seconds.  Guess what?  I don't know how the fuck that happened.  I ran up to Rashad Evans, threw one headkick, and he hit the ground.  ONE HEADKICK!!!  That makes NO fucking sense, especially because I could throw tons of headkicks on someone else and it doesn't have the same effect.  I even tried to recreate it time and time again in hopes I could be consecutive with it.  Still haven't had it happen again.

In a match against a friend, I tested something out with him.  I threw nothing but jabs as Rashad Evans, and he threw nothing but body kicks as Forrest Griffin.  Guess who got knocked out first?  NEITHER OF US!  IT WENT TO TKO BY DECISION!!!  We did another round, same moves, and I knocked him out in the second round.

Like I said, the game feels too damn random.  This is an issue because people can only deal with so much randomness before they say "fuck this" and stop caring about it.
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By carlthenimrod
    @jakob187 said:
    "
    @stealthdf2 said:
    "ok well no matter how much you want to cry about losing it still does what i said above. it was stated in a developer interview earlier.

you got KTFO bottom line. its ok cause you can play as much as you want and im sure when you get the KO you dont wonder why do you?"

*ugh*  It's like talking to a brick wall.  Really, it is.  So you are trying to tell me that within 70-80 punches, I wasn't landing the right angles...but within three punches, he did?  Well, how exactly do I go about doing that?  Where are these angles and pressure points and such?  Do I need to take advanced anatomy classes for this?  -_-

All I'm saying is that despite what calculations and angles and other bullshit the developers want to throw out as excuses, the fact still remains that plenty of people still feel like the game is left more to chance than it is to actual level of skill required.  =   /  I'm not saying that the game sucks ass or anything.  It's actually really nice to have such a technical fighting game.  Unfortunately, when I can pummel a dood and he stays up, but he can throw three punches and I'm out like a fucking light, then it makes me question why all that technicality is there in the first place.

Also, there have been plenty of occasions where I got KO's and questioned it.  For instance, if you look at my achievements, you'll notice that I have the achievement for knocking someone out in less than 20 seconds.  Guess what?  I don't know how the fuck that happened.  I ran up to Rashad Evans, threw one headkick, and he hit the ground.  ONE HEADKICK!!!  That makes NO fucking sense, especially because I could throw tons of headkicks on someone else and it doesn't have the same effect.  I even tried to recreate it time and time again in hopes I could be consecutive with it.  Still haven't had it happen again.

In a match against a friend, I tested something out with him.  I threw nothing but jabs as Rashad Evans, and he threw nothing but body kicks as Forrest Griffin.  Guess who got knocked out first?  NEITHER OF US!  IT WENT TO TKO BY DECISION!!!  We did another round, same moves, and I knocked him out in the second round.

Like I said, the game feels too damn random.  This is an issue because people can only deal with so much randomness before they say "fuck this" and stop caring about it.
    "
    Well, that can happen in a MMA match, or boxing for that matter. All it takes is one punch or kick. There is a certain level of randomness to it, but that is what makes it dynamic, it's not suppose to be Street Fighter.

If I were you, I would have submitted him once he was in the red. You're always at risk when striking.
    stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By stealthdf2

ok well i see your point but when you are trying to accomplish what they have aimed to it all boils down to math when you cram it into a computer and considering that they pulled it off nicely. think about fight night it is only acounting for one skill and attack which is punching. they had to accomodate for that plus kicks and you have much more movements, much quicker and not just one fighting style but a combination of up to what 9 and the movement of all is different as far as the 3 standups are concerned. chance you say...yes maybe but in real life chance plays more of a factor than people think. and there is much more than i can even account for that im sure they had to deal with and this is much better than any of the previous efforts and is damn fun while also promising a future for this type of game and a bright one at that. sure there are problems but there always will be both big and small. there is much more to be happy about than angry if you ask me.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jakob187
    @carlthenimrod said:
    "Well, that can happen in a MMA match, or boxing for that matter. All it takes is one punch or kick. There is a certain level of randomness to it, but that is what makes it dynamic, it's not suppose to be Street Fighter.If I were you, I would have submitted him once he was in the red. You're always at risk when striking. "
    He was always able to counter out of that submission.  Button mashing goes a long way, lol.

@stealthdf2 said:
    "ok well i see your point but when you are trying to accomplish what they have aimed to it all boils down to math when you cram it into a computer and considering that they pulled it off nicely. think about fight night it is only acounting for one skill and attack which is punching. they had to accomodate for that plus kicks and you have much more movements, much quicker and not just one fighting style but a combination of up to what 9 and the movement of all is different as far as the 3 standups are concerned. chance you say...yes maybe but in real life chance plays more of a factor than people think. and there is much more than i can even account for that im sure they had to deal with and this is much better than any of the previous efforts and is damn fun while also promising a future for this type of game and a bright one at that. sure there are problems but there always will be both big and small. there is much more to be happy about than angry if you ask me."
    The worst thing you could ever put into a game, especially something multiplayer, is chance.  Why?  Because when you lose to chance, how do you argue its level of fairness?  Maybe you are right.  Maybe I'm too much fo a Street Fighter player...but it's not like there's a ton of balance in Street Fighter.  However, there's no real chance unless you have no clue how to play the game and just button mash, hoping for the best.

When chance enters the equation, you have less of a game and more of a "hey, just keep mashing buttons and you might win".
    stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By stealthdf2

well have you ever played any MMO games or RPG alot of them are based on the "roll of a die" which is like a virtual dice rolling to decide how much damage your attack deals in star wars kotr for instance.chance is a HUGE part of gaming. even if it doesnt appear to be there it always is, you could say the computer is always deciding if you win or lose ultimately on some level.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jakob187
    @stealthdf2 said:
    " well have you ever played any MMO games or RPG alot of them are based on the "roll of a die" which is like a virtual dice rolling to decide how much damage your attack deals in star wars kotr for instance.chance is a HUGE part of gaming. even if it doesnt appear to be there it always is, you could say the computer is always deciding if you win or lose ultimately on some level. "
    Have you looked at my achievements?  I played WoW for three years.  While that IS based on the roll of a die, there is also a damage range that you are guaranteed to hit within.  The die roll would be more based on a CRITICAL HIT chance, which that percentage is also displayed clearly for you to understand.  What you are talking about is not the chance of a critical hit.  You are talking about angles of hitting someone, which leaves it all to pure chance rather than a calculated form of chance.
    stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By stealthdf2

there are critical hits in UFC they are called minor and major counters. i mentioned them already all the angles and all that are supplemental to the hit which means the game is super deep and does take alot into consideration

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jakob187
    @stealthdf2 said:
    "there are critical hits in UFC they are called minor and major counters. i mentioned them already all the angles and all that are supplemental to the hit which means the game is super deep and does take alot into consideration"
    So you are trying to liken UFC to an RPG?  How many hit points does the standard UFC fighter have?  What are the percentage chances of my critting someone?  How much DPS can I deal as Forrest Griffin?

UFC is in no way like WoW.  You are talking about things that cannot be calculated.  You are talking instead about placement of your character relative to the other character and getting a lucky shot in on someone that can knock them out.  It's all about pure chance.  There is no calculated way of saying "well, if I hit with this many headkicks, it will knock someone out".  However, I again go all the way back to what I originally said, and there is not even a way to deny this in real life:

If I throw 80 punches at you and you throw 3 punches at me...what are the honest chances that you will be left standing without a concussion, dizziness, or even a slight chance of being close to knocked out?  However, your three punches happened to land in the correct places, even though you aren't aware of what those correct places are, and then knocked me out.

So...like I said...I'm sure UFC is fun to some people, but it's all pure chance and luck.  There is little skill involved, and even if you have some form of skill, you could always easily get your ass handed to you by a button masher.
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By carlthenimrod
    @jakob187 said:
    So...like I said...I'm sure UFC is fun to some people, but it's all pure chance and luck.  There is little skill involved, and even if you have some form of skill, you could always easily get your ass handed to you by a button masher.
    Sorry, but you are just horribly wrong with that statement. UFC requires as much skill as any other game out there. If you are actually good at the game, then you will win most of your matches. My record online for ranked is 9-3(would be 12-3 if not for quitters). Most of the matches I have won(and lost) came down to skill. Playing against someone who is really good is usually a blast. Even if I lose.

Ever hear of a "puncher's chance"? That is what they are trying to replicate. One fighter could be losing the match horribly, but with one punch come back and win. That is what makes it so fun. You're never completely out of a fight and even if you are losing you can come back. That is how actual MMA matches work. It would be dumb as all hell if you had "health bars". Might as well throw hadokens.

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By stealthdf2

well as far as reversals go online i hadnt been reversing ground transitions as i was confused on how to do so. i did some research online tonight and tried it out and in my first 5 attempts i missed once. i had at least 3-4 reversals on the ground in most of my fights tonight.

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Reale
    @Flushes said:
    " The input delay present in even relatively lag-free environments makes reversals, counter-grappling strikes, and sprawling completely impossible to do on reaction. You either guess and do it right, or wait for the animation and eat the punch/takedown thanks to the incurably shitty netcode. The entire game feels like it's taking place underwater compared to local play, and it undermines the entire point of the game. "
    borrowed this from a guy at work, did the tutorial and jumped online... couldn't find any matches suitable for me and i had to host, even then its laggy as hellllllll....

had a few OK matches but i cant get any inputs when i want them and its really really annoying...

another thing that got me was when i managed to get my opponent in an arm bar and the game decided it didn't want to go any further and there is me FRANTICALLY  spinning ther R and nothing happening (he had no stamina left due to trying to take me down so much) but the clock continued down and the next round he punches me once and its all over :|

and then back to match's with lag, either delay or no reg... so  i have given up for tonight and might return it to my work mate sooner than i thought... i originally intended on buying it but its a good thing i played it before i bought it.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jakob187
    @carlthenimrod said:
    "It would be dumb as all hell if you had "health bars". "
    I'm not asking for health bars.  I'm just asking that the game has less randomness and actually explains all the angles and such that people keep talking about in this thread.  I mean, they had a really nice tutorial in the game...and yet they can't explain "hey, look, sometimes, you might punch a muthafucker and you'll knock his block off because you slammed him in an area of the head that happens to be sensitive to certain forms of damage".

As for this "puncher's chance", I understand it all, but I've got four words that explain why it is NOT fun:

"You died of dysentery"
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

My friends has it for 360 and said he has no problems

Cougartai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Cougartai

I have a ton of problems ... mainly either a)the game has a glitch and quits whenever I get someone in a submission move or b)these damn bastards are quitting the game as soon as they lose.

I hate both, but I hope to God it's not b)

Where's the patch to fix this nonsense?

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RsistncE

Yeah it's terrible for me also. I just stick to playing local with my buddies, it's more fun that way anyways.

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By stealthdf2

played like 20 matches lastnight , had a few quiters but only 1 laggy game. other games no lag i have no problems pulling reversals on the ground and cvatching strikes standing up. Flying armbar FTW!

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#46  Edited By ImperiousRix

I only get a few really laggy matches, but overall it plays fine for me.
    The real problem is the effing QUITTERS!  Honestly, I don't mind the fight going about 3 rounds (or even 5) and me losing, I DO effing care if the fight goes three or five fucking rounds for me to lock in a submission or TKO a guy and have them effing quit on me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.