Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

UFC Undisputed 3

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 14, 2012

The third and final instalment in the UFC Undisputed franchise. This iteration sees the inclusion of PRIDE FC and the bantamweight and Featherweight divisions.

Demo this week

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By handlas

According to IGN there is a demo this week for PS3/360. You can only play exhibition but you get UFC and Pride organizations. UFC will have Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones. Pride will have Rampage vs Wanderlei Silva.

Odd that they give you Anderson vs Jones considering they don't fight in the same weight class (yes I know Anderson fought LHW a couple times but that was it). I get tired of the superfight talk BS because it rarely happens. Seems like most people are finally over the GSP vs Anderson talk. In the past, they gave you 2 fighers that had a fight coming up.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By vaiz

MAN WHATEVER GSP CAN FIGHT MIDDLEWEIGHT IN THIS GAME SO WE CAN TOTALLY HAVE GSP VS ANDERSON.

Yeah, seems like some odd choices for a demo. I suppose they couldn't give us Diaz Vs Condit because Diaz is going to be pre-order/DLC for the game. I will, however, definitely be playing the demo.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pezen

Have to try it out and see if it's still the stiff jerky mess of a game the last one was. I liked the previous ones until Ea MMA ruined it for them mechanically. Still, it's UFC and having Pride in there will be interesting.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By vaiz

@Pezen said:

Have to try it out and see if it's still the stiff jerky mess of a game the last one was. I liked the previous ones until Ea MMA ruined it for them mechanically. Still, it's UFC and having Pride in there will be interesting.

Word. EA fucking spoiled me. Though I have to admit, it looks like a lot of the stuff I liked about EA MMA are in UFC 3. Namely a less ridiculous submission minigame. I always felt like UFC 09 and 2010's submission system was really slap-dash and impossible to really 'win' so much as just jerk the stick around in circles (loool) and hope for the best. Then again, maybe I was just bad at it.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By handlas

i play on PS3 so those weak thumbsticks couldnt handle the submission mechanic very well in the past games so im happy they changed it. But it loooks basically like an exact copy of EA MMA's submissin system...just not as good,to me

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pezen

It's out. Anyone tried it yet?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By handlas

Yep...as many problems as the last game had, online specifically, the demo sold me. Pride mode is amazing. Buying it for that alone. They seemed to step it up here. Easily the best MMA game ive played. I was a fan of EA MMA.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pezen

Tried it quickly last night, the stand up certainly isn't better than EA MMA, though it seems less stiff even though it's still the same arcade button style. They took some lessons on the ground game, and that's good and I sort of like that competitive without ruining your controller sort of thing. I don't get why people are raving about Pride mode though, the gameplay is exactly the same except it's in another ring. Still fun to play though as it looks/sounds a lot like the old Pride game to PS2.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By handlas

cuz it's Pride. The presentation is just leaps and bounds better than anything UFC has and probably will ever do and that translates in the game. I love Japan. I love watching Dream MMA. Bas Rutten and Steven Quadros also sound way more natural with their commentating (in the game, not necessarily real life) than Joe Rogan or Goldie.

Of course the gameplay is pretty much the same. Except for soccer kicks and knees to the head on the ground and also the 1st round time limit is 15 minutes instead of 5 minutes. Love the ref cam too.

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Stahlbrand

I played the demo and enjoyed it. I'm not a big viewer of MMA, nor have I played the previous games for more than a few rounds at a friend's place. But I do like brutality, and the Pride rules seemed attractive.

How is the create-a-fighter content in these games? Is there a lot of customization of appearance and technique? If there is good character creation, I might jump in on this one.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By papercut

I just played it and am now sold on the Pride mode just because of Bas Rutten. If anyone heard his rant in the game about pig spleens on National Geographic you know what I'm talking about.

comikid1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By comikid1991

@Stahlbrand: Yea there's a long series of Q&A's with the devs and they go into detail about the new Create-A-Fighter system with customization for stuff like tattoo's, and the different styles and camps. Definitely looks like they remade career mode for the better. They posted this 3 days ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz1HiYtSgZ4

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By buzz_killington

Didn't even know this was coming out. The demo seemed cool, and I might get it even thoughbim not that big into MMA. THQ ain't gonna survive if this doesn't sell a couple mil.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.