Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

A standalone update to Marvel vs Capcom 3 featuring new modes, characters, stages, an enhanced online experience, and large-scale rebalancing of core systems and the existing roster.

Heroes and Heralds Mode is out!!!

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Bestostero

Heroes and Heralds mode is out...go download now!

And tell what cards you got? I wonder if everyone got different ones or what...

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Yeah. How's everyone liking this mode? I haven't had a chance to try it out because my internet's garbage, but it seems interesting. One of the cards I got, Devastator or something, says that it grants the ability to parry but nowhere does it say how you're even supposed to do that. I could see it being a problem if several of the abilities are not explained properly.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Phished0ne

@FluxWaveZ said:

Yeah. How's everyone liking this mode? I haven't had a chance to try it out because my internet's garbage, but it seems interesting. One of the cards I got, Devastator or something, says that it grants the ability to parry but nowhere does it say how you're even supposed to do that. I could see it being a problem if several of the abilities are not explained properly.

i think most of the people who bought this game are enough of fighting game heads to know how to parry from 3rd Strike, but its a valid point. The mode is good but there are some cards i think are even too corny for this mode. The cards that allow you to start with more hyper could grant someone a free win with Dark Phoenix, and i fought someone who had a card that gave them health back whenever they used a hyper move. That being said, its a fun little addition to the game.

Also on a side note, how do people feel about Phoenix Wright's turnabout assists no longer being invincible, a lot of people online are salty about it but personally I agree with the decision. Invincible assists are too powerful. Part of calling an assist is worrying about if they are going to be blown up or not. I mean, even in vanilla you could tag haggar with a hyper(At least i think you could). Giving PW an invincible assist even in a timed power up mode was a terrible idea in the first place.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Phished0ne said:

i think most of the people who bought this game are enough of fighting game heads to know how to parry from 3rd Strike, but its a valid point.

Yeah, but does the parrying system in UMvC3 work the same way as in SFIII? Maybe I should assume that given the fact that it's Capcom, but plenty of fighting games have parrying that work in different ways.

And I didn't know about Nick's assist nerf, but I think that that's stupid. Phoenix Wright is trash with practically nothing going for him and that assist was one of the only things that made him the least bit viable. I'll have to read up more on what happened with the update, but if all they're going to do is nerf him then it's really apparent they don't much care about balance, at least with that character.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By benpack

I got Steve Chapman, Captian Blue, Green Goblin and Destroyer. Seems like a really neat idea.

I have a deck where I can X Factor twice and the opponent X factors when I do. It's pretty cheap.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mesoian

Yeah, this mode is pretty retarded.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#7  Edited By StarvingGamer

I having fun earning cards because of the catch 'em all mentality. If I have the time I really want to see what sort of crazy combo shenanigans I can get up to with some of the better cards. Hopefully I can create a deck that lets Haggar self-ToD but I somehow doubt it.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Bestostero

@StarvingGamer: YES! Must get them all!!!

I've been trying to get a Cyclops card...but haven't had any luck, anyone got him and remember which stage/side/etc you were in? lol

dandead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By dandead

I've got two Cyclops cards and I think it's random. Also this mode is pretty fun although I am not sure why it took them so long to release it, balancing issues I guess.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By DarthOrange

What!?!?! Its out? thanks for the heads up!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#11  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @xhavoc86 I got a few Cyclops and I've only played offline Heroes side.
    Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Ulong

I use a very meter heavy team, and clearly the best card set up is the gimick where you can be perminant xfactor but can't spend meter, so I don't know if this mode is really for me. It's pretty fun though. Sometimes I'll do a match or two for silly fun before i get into playing the real game.
    Capcom making it have No local multiplayer and No private game multiplayer was stupid though. Here's this cool new goof around fun mode! but you can't touch it with friends.

@Phished0ne

said:

Also on a side note, how do people feel about Phoenix Wright's turnabout assists no longer being invincible, a lot of people online are salty about it but personally I agree with the decision. Invincible assists are too powerful. Part of calling an assist is worrying about if they are going to be blown up or not. I mean, even in vanilla you could tag haggar with a hyper(At least i think you could). Giving PW an invincible assist even in a timed power up mode was a terrible idea in the first place.

It is easier to use a different team and win the game without calling one assist, than it is to even get phoenix wright into turnabout mode, forgetting even trying to win the game after that. Frankly if phoenix wright entering turnabout mode literally instantly won the game, he still wouldn't be a good character. Nerfing the worst character in the game is a wierd decision, whatever the reason.

I had given up on Wright pre nerf anyway so it doesn't really affect me anymore, but as someone who was excited for PW to be in the game, it's really a shame that capcom desided to delete him from it. It allways made me a little happy when online I ran into someone still trying to make phoenix work. That doesn't happen anymore.
    Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Phished0ne

@Ulong said:

It is easier to use a different team and win the game without calling one assist, than it is to even get phoenix wright into turnabout mode, forgetting even trying to win the game after that. Frankly if phoenix wright entering turnabout mode literally instantly won the game, he still wouldn't be a good character. Nerfing the worst character in the game is a wierd decision, whatever the reason. I had given up on Wright pre nerf anyway so it doesn't really affect me anymore, but as someone who was excited for PW to be in the game, it's really a shame that capcom desided to delete him from it. It allways made me a little happy when online I ran into someone still trying to make phoenix work. That doesn't happen anymore.

I can kinda understand you, but i still run into wrights all the time on psn. I've even been beaten by them, although im not a great player by any means, i still think he is a valid character. He just doesn't have an easily exploitable assist anymore.

I am now running a instant 5-meter multiple man Jean Grey team on Heros and Heralds, i call it 'team make you salty'.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Phished0ne said:

i still think he is a valid character. He just doesn't have an easily exploitable assist anymore.

Why? Have you tried playing him for any extended period of time? I'm no longer that much of an in-depth player, but it's obvious that everything about Wright is shit. No range (except for rather wonky projectiles if you manage to get evidence), no good normals, no good specials or even supers, based heavily on luck to collect correct evidence, extremely hard to get into Turnabout mode, average assists, slow...

I can't see why you would think he's a valid character; it may be because you let Wrights get into Turnabout mode when you go against them. If you play smart and prevent that, which is all too easy, Phoenix Wright is garbage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.