Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

A standalone update to Marvel vs Capcom 3 featuring new modes, characters, stages, an enhanced online experience, and large-scale rebalancing of core systems and the existing roster.

If Capcom were to make Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Redux.........

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By DarthOrange

If Capcom were to re-release MvC3 again like SSF4 Arcade Edition (can be bought as dlc and would include new balance tweaks and a replay mode) with four characters (2 from marvel and 2 from capcom) who would you like to see?

From Marvel I would want to see Cyclops and War Machine.

From Capcom I would want to see Mega Man and Captain Commando.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By 71Ranchero

6 buttons

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By AndrewJD

@Atramentous said:

6 buttons

X, Y, B, A, LB, RB

Six buttons right there son.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By TobbRobb

Megaman should have been in originally, I'd like Juri from street fighter to join as well. I think every single marvel character I know of already is in the game.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Yellow Iris

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

A Phoenix Wright who doesn't suck. And Sissel from Ghost Trick.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The ship from Vulgus.

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By jkuc316

Captain Commando.

Oh, and Gene from God hand, Cyclops, and Anti-Venom

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By jkuc316

@FluxWaveZ: Best way to use him is actually getting him to turnabout mode quickly, tagging him out and using him as Press the Witness assist. He is totally invulrenable during then.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @jkuc316: I know. Press the Witness in Turnabout is probably the best assist in the game. It doesn't change the fact that Wright in Investigation mode and even Courtroom mode is ass and that if the opponent's on your ass all the time, you need to get extremely efficient with your assists and DHCs if you want to collect the right evidence. Not to mention that there's a possibility that you collect wrong evidence. Check this video at 1:32 to 1:52. That's but one of the reasons why Wright is a terrible character.  

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Bestostero

Only four characters!?

Marvel - Cyclops (Returning), Archangel (New)

Capcom - Guile (Returning), Poison (New)

I wouldn't mind Namor or one of the original Fantastic Four members either. I know a lot of members on the current roster have been past fantastic four members (Storm, She Hulk, Spider Man, etc) but its not the same, i just feel they're not represented.

Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Bravestar

Capcom: maybe a dude from Powerstone and some other obscure one. there are enough characters from their main titles.

Marvel: Rogue, Venom. or other characters from the 80s/90s, before they turned into vampires(even Wolverine was a vampire for sometime).

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By SirOptimusPrime
    @Atramentous: L M H S A1 A2 

Six buttons.  

EDIT: On topic, 

Gene from God Hand, killer7 as an Amaterasu type "phase-shift" character 

Namor and Silver Surfer
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sooty

How about fixing that terrible mission mode UI?

and they should add the 3S:OE/HDR/MvC2 method of assigning buttons, e.g. tapping a button when highlighting the inputs in the control options. Makes button changing so much quicker. (not sure if they added this to Ultimate, but I doubt it)

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By mesoian

@DarthOrange: ACTUAL BALANCE. I swear, UmvsC3 feels like they intentionally tried to break it before ship date.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#16  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Mesoian: Really? I feel like Ultimate is significantly more balanced than vanilla was. Outside of a few sad outliers (Hsien-Ko *sniff*), it seems like a majority of the cast have been buffed/nerfed into an amazingly packed A tier. Off the top of my head:

• S tier - Dante, Doctor Doom, Dormammu, Viper, Wesker, Zero
    • A tier - Akuma, Amaterasu, Captain America, Chris*, Deadpool*, Doctor Strange, Felicia, Firebrand, Frank West, Hawkeye, Hulk, Jill*, Magneto, Nemesis, Nova, Phoenix, Ryu, Sentinel, She-Hulk*, Spencer*, Spider-Man, Storm*, Strider, Super Skrull, Taskmaster, Trish, Vergil, Wolverine, X-23
    • B tier - Ghost Rider, Haggar, Iron Fist, Iron Man, M.O.D.O.K., Morrigan, Phoenix Wright, Rocket Raccoon, Shuma-Gorath, Thor, Viewtiful Joe
    • C tier - Arthur, Chun-Li, Tron Bonne
    • Hsien-Ko tier - Hsien-Ko

*boderline A tier, I may be overestimating their abilities

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sooty

Wesker is easily number one, closely followed by Zero and probably Dante.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By mesoian

@StarvingGamer said:

@Mesoian: Really? I feel like Ultimate is significantly more balanced than vanilla was. Outside of a few sad outliers (Hsien-Ko *sniff*), it seems like a majority of the cast have been buffed/nerfed into an amazingly packed A tier. Off the top of my head:

• S tier - Dante, Doctor Doom, Dormammu, Viper, Wesker, Zero
    • A tier - Akuma, Amaterasu, Captain America, Chris*, Deadpool*, Doctor Strange, Felicia, Firebrand, Frank West, Hawkeye, Hulk, Jill*, Magneto, Nemesis, Nova, Phoenix, Ryu, Sentinel, She-Hulk*, Spencer*, Spider-Man, Storm*, Strider, Super Skrull, Taskmaster, Trish, Vergil, Wolverine, X-23
    • B tier - Ghost Rider, Haggar, Iron Fist, Iron Man, M.O.D.O.K., Morrigan, Phoenix Wright, Rocket Raccoon, Shuma-Gorath, Thor, Viewtiful Joe
    • C tier - Arthur, Chun-Li, Tron Bonne
    • Hsien-Ko tier - Hsien-Ko

*boderline A tier, I may be overestimating their abilities

Naw. A lot of the balance changes in this game are completely incomprehensible. The top tier got made even better, rendering everyone under the lower half of the A tier completely innert. And if this weekend's NEC12 was any indication, Capcom COMPLETELY screwed the pooch when it comes down to characters like Wesker and Virgil.

I was hoping that this version would open more doors for the rest of the cast and make all characters more viable in the end. What ended up happening is that the top tier from vanilla was made even more crazy, giving people even less reasons to use anyone except for those top 6.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#19  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Mesoian I think it's way too soon to pass this kind of judgment. It's true that Wesker got buffer, 7 out of top 8 players used him, but that's simply under the current metagame. He's the obvious choice for an early tournament when players have had very little hands-on time with the game because of surface level buffs, low execution barrier, and general familiarity.

A lot of the weaker characters got significant improvements that have yet to be fully explored. No one really knows what the new characters are capable of. In a game with as much creative freedom as MvC, there's going to be new busted shit discovered a year from now (if the next iteration hasn't been released already lol).

I main Haggar, arguably one of the weakest point characters, but I know I have the tools to win if I play intelligently. When I lose it's to the player, not the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.