Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

A standalone update to Marvel vs Capcom 3 featuring new modes, characters, stages, an enhanced online experience, and large-scale rebalancing of core systems and the existing roster.

Xbox 360 Players looking to play?

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By slax

So I recently picked up UMvC3 and a fightstick, mostly for the enjoyment factor (fightstick sounds bring me back) but also because I enjoy watching and playing fighting games. Which introduces the crux of the problem, I'm really bad at fighting games.

If I was simply bad, that would be one thing, but my sheer incompetence when I get online is staggering. It doesn't help that everyone has been playing this game for a long time. I was wondering if any of you duders on the 360 still play and would like to get some matches going. I don't really care about skill level as long as you are willing to put up with how bad and am, and throw some pointers my way if you're feeling generous.

Let me know!

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Slax: How has playing the game been going? Still playing it?

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By slax

@ImmortalSaiyan: I am still playing. Still not much success online. I think my big problem is I am not sure what I am supposed to do in practice mode. I know how to pull off all of the attacks by themselves, and I can mess around a little to figure something cool out, but I'm not sure if that is helping my game at all. And I've gotten up to level 6 or 7 on everybody's missions, but applying that to a match seems difficult.

All in all, still having fun, just not sure how to get better.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Slax said:

@ImmortalSaiyan: I am still playing. Still not much success online. I think my big problem is I am not sure what I am supposed to do in practice mode. I know how to pull off all of the attacks by themselves, and I can mess around a little to figure something cool out, but I'm not sure if that is helping my game at all. And I've gotten up to level 6 or 7 on everybody's missions, but applying that to a match seems difficult.

All in all, still having fun, just not sure how to get better.

Practice mode in this game is not very useful. You can practice combos, but doing them in training mode and in a match are entirely different things. I'm not great at Marvel myself so I have no advice other then to keep fighting as practice. How laggy is the online? I imagine it can be frustrating to try the combos off.

What is your team?

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By slax

@ImmortalSaiyan: It's not really laggy at all, which is nice. I think my problem is that I am just not confident enough with combos to know when I should use them. Whenever I try, I get punished, so obviously I am doing something wrong.

I've been trying C.Viper, Akuma, and Virgil. I think Virgil might be my best, which isn't saying a whole lot. I've messed some with X-23 because she seems to have pretty nice normals, and a bit with Ryu, but it's Ryu so he's pretty straight forward.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.