Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

A standalone update to Marvel vs Capcom 3 featuring new modes, characters, stages, an enhanced online experience, and large-scale rebalancing of core systems and the existing roster.

Y'all gonna get hugged! Ultimate Haggar and Frank West combos

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

Edited By StarvingGamer

If you recognize my user-name/avatar from the forums, you probably know me as the Capcom fanboy that fights tooth and nail to defend the existence of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Well all you haters out there can suck it. I've already gotten more play-time out of this $40 game than any of you got out of Rage and my game doesn't even come out for another day.

But I'm not here about that, I'm here to tell you about Haggar and Frank West and why they're the bestest of friends. Haggar's biggest buff in Ultimate is the ability to OTG with his cr.H to extend his combos. Unfortunately, he needs an assist to properly capitalize on this. Fortunately, I run Haggar on point so I always have 2 buddies waiting to help out. Beyond giving him extra damage, the biggest benefit of this change is how much easier it makes it for Haggar to end an extended combo with a Hyper and continue with DHC's. Also being able to do 1 Million damage after a command throw is nice.

So where does Frank factor in to all this? Well if you watched the previous video you probably noticed how long his Shopping Cart assist stays on the screen letting me take full advantage of Haggar's OTG. Even more exciting is the fact that Haggar's Lariat assist is the perfect tool for getting Frank to level 4 where he gets access to the awesome Paddle-Saws. If any of you have been watching the recent flood of UMvC3 footage on YouTube you might have already seen people showcasing their Level 1-5 Frank West combos. What you might not have noticed is the fact that every one of those combos requires either 2+ bars of Hyper Meter or an opponent that is in the corner. My combo works from anywhere on screen and requires no Hyper Combo Gauge.

So what's next? Well I'm almost 100% certain I'm going to ditch Ghost Rider. I simply don't like the way he feels. I still need a wall-bouncing assist, however, so I might be looking at either Iron Fist or returning to the well that is Spencer. Unfortunately this leaves my team incredibly vulnerable to any sort of zoning so I don't know, maybe I'll suck it up and learn how to make fools LOOK IN TO MY EYES.

Got any characters/teams that you're not sure how to use best? Let me know and if it's within my abilities, I'll make a video for you. It's good to be back.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By StarvingGamer

If you recognize my user-name/avatar from the forums, you probably know me as the Capcom fanboy that fights tooth and nail to defend the existence of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Well all you haters out there can suck it. I've already gotten more play-time out of this $40 game than any of you got out of Rage and my game doesn't even come out for another day.

But I'm not here about that, I'm here to tell you about Haggar and Frank West and why they're the bestest of friends. Haggar's biggest buff in Ultimate is the ability to OTG with his cr.H to extend his combos. Unfortunately, he needs an assist to properly capitalize on this. Fortunately, I run Haggar on point so I always have 2 buddies waiting to help out. Beyond giving him extra damage, the biggest benefit of this change is how much easier it makes it for Haggar to end an extended combo with a Hyper and continue with DHC's. Also being able to do 1 Million damage after a command throw is nice.

So where does Frank factor in to all this? Well if you watched the previous video you probably noticed how long his Shopping Cart assist stays on the screen letting me take full advantage of Haggar's OTG. Even more exciting is the fact that Haggar's Lariat assist is the perfect tool for getting Frank to level 4 where he gets access to the awesome Paddle-Saws. If any of you have been watching the recent flood of UMvC3 footage on YouTube you might have already seen people showcasing their Level 1-5 Frank West combos. What you might not have noticed is the fact that every one of those combos requires either 2+ bars of Hyper Meter or an opponent that is in the corner. My combo works from anywhere on screen and requires no Hyper Combo Gauge.

So what's next? Well I'm almost 100% certain I'm going to ditch Ghost Rider. I simply don't like the way he feels. I still need a wall-bouncing assist, however, so I might be looking at either Iron Fist or returning to the well that is Spencer. Unfortunately this leaves my team incredibly vulnerable to any sort of zoning so I don't know, maybe I'll suck it up and learn how to make fools LOOK IN TO MY EYES.

Got any characters/teams that you're not sure how to use best? Let me know and if it's within my abilities, I'll make a video for you. It's good to be back.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Defending UMvC3 is fine (because despite the fact that I hate Capcom for making it, I think it looks really rad), but don't bring RAGE into this. Not everyone hates. I think it's pretty cool.

Also, goddammit Capcom, why'd you have to make this game so awesome? How am I supposed to resist buying this game when it's so good?!

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By jkuc316

Yeah, I recognize you because you always put UMvC3 content into the site. It's great that someone actually appreciates the game for what it is.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By StarvingGamer

@MooseyMcMan: Lol I only mentioned Rage because it was the shortest $60 game from recent memory and also a strong contrast for UMvC3. I think they're both great games in their own ways.

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jkuc316

@MooseyMcMan:

Go buy it, Yoshinori Ono wants you to.
    Go buy it, Yoshinori Ono wants you to.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@jkuc316: But I hate GameStop more than I hate Capcom!

I'll buy the game eventually. Or wait until they put out Super Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Get all those dumb costumes bundled in.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if that became a real product.

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By jewunit

Excellent job with the combos! Haggar and Frank certainly do seem like a potent combination. If you were looking for a wall-bouncing assist, maybe you could use Rocket Raccoon's Log Trap? He also has some zoning ability and the tunneling ability might be useful as well. I am no expert though, so my advice should taken cautiously.

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jkuc316

@MooseyMcMan: How about a website online? e-bay? IDK much websites, or maybe rent it.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Bestostero

RAGEEEEE!

Maybe try some Captain America? although since its coming out sooooooo very soon I can probably fiddle around myself :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.