Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ultra Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Apr 17, 2014

The third major installment of the Street Fighter IV legacy adds characters and stages from Street Fighter X Tekken, a brand new fighter, new gameplay mechanics (including the ability to bring both Ultra Combos into the fight), and a variety of balance tweaks, training enhancements, and new modes.

Closest Fighter to Decapre?

telecommand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By telecommand

Played a bit of USF4 on a mate's PS3 and decided I'm going to main Decapre as I was having a blast fighting with her. I only have a PC though, so I have to wait until August for Ultra to be released on Steam. In the meantime, I'd like to practise in AE as I'm still quite new to Street Fighter, so is there a particular fighter you would recommend practising on until I can start using Decapre?

I would guess Cammy, but she's not a charge character, right? I really am quite new to SF hah

micemoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's probably closer to Bison than anything. She's essentially a mix of Cammy and Bison. Definitely takes some getting used to.

VanillaPlant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiemantra: If you want to play Decapre, you will need to learn c.MK xx Rapid Dagger, which is a mash punch input. So if you can't do Honda's slaps off a normal, the practice that. This thread has some tips for it: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/190473/hands-it-s-about-hands . Her normals are almost identical to Cammy outside of her HP moves. You also need to be comfortable walking around, then doing a few crouching normals to while building you charge; you can't hold down-back to win with Decapre.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Decapre is all about Target Combo into Air Throw and 50/50 mixups off the charge diverge special; there aren't really any other characters that revolve around air throws.

Loading Video...

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I think she is her own unique character. No one else really plays like her.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: Played her a bit, disagree. TC1 is unsafe on block, so you need to confirm into it, but cl. MP is hard to confirm into off anything but a jump-in. Only useful in wake-up imo, unless your reactions are somehow good enough to confirm the target combo off the MP actually hitting.

As far as I can tell from the frame data (and also from playing and seeing how high the recovery on everything is), the only remotely safe scramble moves are the cannon strikes. The normal versions are fairly safe on block if you hit low enough (-8 if you hit at the highest point, +6 at the lowest), and EX cannon strike is completely safe as far as I know, +1 on block at the highest point. Other than that the rest are unsafe and open to full punishes. Earthquake is -9 on block, and only the EX version has armor break, so the normal version can just be focused through and the EX version if your opponent guesses right they get a full punish, so you're basically gambling the game on a true coin toss.

Rapid dagger isn't great either, lp is -3 on block, mp is -5, hp is -7. MP rapid dagger has enough pushback on it that it's not punishable with reversal DP, interesting note.

As far as sitting in the lab goes of course there's a lot you can do that's high damage and interesting, but when you start looking at actually playing her against other people and have to think "how am I actually going to land this hit without dying", it gets a lot harder. Personally not my type of character, but if you're ok with her limitations she'll be fun to play.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By damodar

I'm with you on waiting for the PC version. I'd get it on PS3, but I'm in Australia and the DLC is NEEEEEEEVEEEEEEER coming out here on PS3.

So I haven't played Ultra/Decapre yet, so I'll just have to speak generally and you should take my advice with a grain of salt! She's pretty unique, but I guess she's maybe closest to Bison in that she's a charge character that is more aggressive than those characters usually tend to be. I think she's sort of unique enough to the point that I think my advice would be to do three things. Firstly, spend some time with charge characters, maybe Bison in particular. Get comfortable with those motions, you want to build up an ability to have charge ready when necessary without it hampering your ability to move around the screen too greatly. Second, I'd say take a character with a move with the mash inputs, ie Honda handslap, Chun legs, Gen hands and get comfortable with doing those moves cleanly. Are you playing on an arcade stick or just a normal pad or what? I dunno how pad players go about it, but if you're playing on stick you'll need to learn how to do piano inputs cancelling from different normals. If you need some tips on that, I can help. The third thing, it's probably worth spending some time with Cammy. The characters are quite different, but they still have largely similar normals. Get to know what they're good for etc and then tweak accordingly when you can actually play Decapre.

SORRY IF/WHEN ALL MY ADVICE IS BAD BECAUSE I'M STILL IN AE LAND.

EDIT: Just realised @vanillaplant said exactly what I said, only with about 300% fewer words and eight hours earlier. I'M HELPING! :D

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#8  Edited By StarvingGamer

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with everyone else saying Bison primarily; need to learn to stay offensive and maintain charge. Followed by practice with Gen to get your Hands timing down and Cammy to develop a general understanding of your normals.

telecommand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, guys! Will pretty much do everything mentioned here. Also getting used to playing with a fight stick finally so I have a LOT of practice ahead, but I'm having fun so that's cool! Sucks that I have to wait until August but oh well... Can't wait to finally start practising with Decapre, eventually FUCKING DUDES UP FIGHT ME BRO

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading this makes me wish I was better at fighting games.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: Well Decapre's not very good so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

Pffffffft.... Honda?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.