Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ultra Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Apr 17, 2014

The third major installment of the Street Fighter IV legacy adds characters and stages from Street Fighter X Tekken, a brand new fighter, new gameplay mechanics (including the ability to bring both Ultra Combos into the fight), and a variety of balance tweaks, training enhancements, and new modes.

Free Omega Mode DLC Coming to USFIV

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#1  Edited By StarvingGamer

So from completely out of left-field comes this new DLC announcement for USFIV. Basically, it's an all new tuning for each of the 44 characters in USFIV, an Omega mode that has been added to edition select. Only this time, they weren't looking for balance, they were looking for batshit insanity. Omega characters have boosted mobility, new properties for old moves, brand new normals and specials, and what looks like a ton of broken shit. Guile's EX Sonic Boom can be Rekka'd three times or something dumb like that. Chun has her motion fireball back as well as a new Kick special that turns into SA2 when EX'ed. Oh, and a divekick...

Watch this video. It's so silly. I had a dumb grin on my face the entire time because it's all BANANAS.

Yo that Sim CvS dash!?!?!?!?!?

EDIT: Oh yeah, coming in October is the 1.04 patch that includes

• Unintentional Decapre and Rolento changes reverted
    • Cody's Light Ruffian Kick causes hard knockdown against airborne opponents
    • Delayed Wakeup option for training mode dummy
    • Various fixes to the PC version
    • And much(?) more!

EDIT2: Oh yeah and Omega mode will be playable online

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

I wonder if tourneys will allow Omega mode. Would make it more interesting for spectators.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I'm getting flashback of SF2 rainbow edition.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: Not as a main event but some might do it as a side-thingy. They clearly aren't even trying for balance, just dumb fun.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I'm happy about the PC netplay fixes. Still stinks we have to wait till October for the fix to roll out. :(

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This looks amazing, love Capcom just going dumb with it. I also love how that divekick for Chun is looks to be the exact same animation as the divekick for the Twins being used.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This seems way more interesting than anything they've done with the game in years.

masterrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the one hand its awesome, and its free, and god the PC version needs that netcode patch.

But seriously give me a new gaaaammeeee.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love SF4 but the people who are way into it are crazy

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By damodar

Wow official rainbow edition, let's go! Totally out of left field. Amazing though; can't wait to get my hands on it!

yates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why's that?

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yates said:

@fallen189 said:

Why's that?

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'm way into this.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Baillie

You're crazy.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe i won't suck at this version??

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

This seems batshit insane in all the right ways.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally some love for dhalsim

Should start lobbying for Omega Sim to become tournament standard playable o_O

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Omega has been released people.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By damodar

Yup, it's up on Steam. It hadn't found the update itself yet, but I launched the game and it downloaded it.

God, this is so weird. The original announcement made it sound like stupid, crazy rainbow mode, but the idea of it being a testing bed for SF5 ideas seems more plausible now. It seems like they've gone out of their way to make Chun play really differently. Her legs inputs only takes four kicks instead of five, which is screwing with my pianoing (although I guess it makes sense, since she kicks 4 times), but she can't do the extension and the roundhouse legs has bigger pushback on it. So I guess they don't like legs loops :P In fact, it seems like they don't like a lot of her ability to combo. EX Legs has a new ender that seems to just stop you from doing follow ups, her jumping fierces kind of spike the enemy down and she can't really follow up. Back mk, mk doesn't pop them up very high at all... Although you can actually land the full b.mk, mk, down up mk sequence as a juggle, like qcf kick fadc into that... weird! Also now the first hit of close strong will float them and she can juggle into Kikosho, woo! Close roundhouse is jump cancellable on hit hmm

Obviously, the half circle input for fireball is a big change, one that has popped up in other games, but yeah. Not a fan of that. I think the need to charge for fireball is something that makes her really interesting, juxtaposing her great walk speed with the need to charge.

The command normal with the back fierce animation is interesting, a bit like a Yun palm with, but the directional input is back, which means she can't hold charge for super while doing far fierce. The command normal also has a new cancelling type, where you can only cancel into things that use meter, so EX moves, Super and focus. The second hit of her crouch fierce also has this property.

Hazanshu is way lower, a bit quicker and no longer hits overhead. EX version hits on the way up multiple times and can hit an opponent in the air.

All birdkicks knock down and EX doesn't send them fullscreen anymore, it's more like two thirds. Also, doing it to a cornered opponent will throw them out of the corner unless you space it specifically.

Also, what the heeell. Level one focus knocks down? Two and three still crumple.

No down-forward short little backflip kick, but she now has a divekick, only on forward jumps. Ok. Hm her jump is a little quicker, maybe it's the jump change she was going to get in Ultra originally before they decided against it.

Omega characters also seem completely devoid of USF4 mechanics. No W-Ultra, no red focus. I tried delayed wake-up and it says "Technical" but the wakeup timing felt exactly the same either way.

New QCF kick move is interesting, can FADC for juggle. EX version uses two bars and is basically 3s SAII, complete with jump cancel.

Air throw can be used in combos, that's a dumb little thing that I've always wished regular Chun could do. Shame that the version that can do it lost a lot of her juggles. Probably just in there as an ender for EX SAII thing with jump cancel.

Basically this is all weird and I am confused and I'm going to go to bed. Can't wait to try everyone else though. Bison looked sooooooo good on that UK stream the other week.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully this is one of EVO's stage games next year.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omega Dan is real.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By super2j

I didnt buy ultra, I am still on arcade edition on steam... I can't enjoy omega right?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only had a chance to mess with Rose who gets... a counter throw? And more damage on her super o_O Also kept wondering where the new trials were despite the fact that there's a huge option labeled "Ultra Trials". So many one frame links. I hate my lack of execution.

@super2j: Nerp

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By damodar

@l1ghtn1n said:

@damodar: You think Chun is weird? Try Abel. They removed his step kick and Change of Direction and roll.

To reiterate : no step kick. The ENTIRE Abel gameplan of Step Kick into CoD or TT then roll mix-up. Gone. I have zero idea what to do as him now which is kind of exciting but for now I'm clueless

Yeah, I saw a bit of Abel on the stream the other week and he looked weeeird. No step kick, COD looked like they broke it up in to a bunch of separate command normals? Didn't realised they took roll away. I'm gonna have to try him now...

It's kind of great to be perplexed by a game I've been playing constantly for five years.

@starvinggamer I messed around with Rose a bit. She's got a f.mp command normal, EX soul throw hits on the ground and launches them into it, her backdash is nerfed, her forward dash is buffed, EX soul spiral is different and her forward throw knocks them back further and also keeps them down WAY longer, so she'd be able to do a setup off that.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damodar: Didn't notice the command normal, thanks for that. Actually spent most of my time trying to muscle-rememory all of her links. That extra bounce on her throw drives me crazy because it feels like I should be able to do a followup.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By damodar

@l1ghtn1n: Ok yeah, I'm messing with Abel now. Yup, high ender, low ender and then the HP one is basically just the start of his super. F.HP is the first part of COD, F.MP is the second part of the high one and now crouching MK is the second part of low, with his old cr.mk moved to df.mk, weeeeird. The F.HP cancels into super and focus, the F.MP doesn't cancel and the cr.mk cancels into specials, super and focus. Close fierce now only does the first hit, unless you press the button twice and the second hit is a knockdown...

Close MK is actually now step kick. Same animation and you can dash cancel it. I can't quite tell if if it has more advantage or something of the start up on his moves is better or what, but he's able to link things after it that I don't thiiink he could before. My frame data app says step kick dash was +4 on hit and his crouch jab and short are both 5 on startup, but they both link. His standing short is also listed as 5 and that doesn't seem to work, so it's hard to say. Buuut, counter hit step kick is linking into crouch fierce. So who knows :P

EDIT: His close LP and MP have also been broken up into two button presses, like close HP. You also can't cancel into the new QCF command grabs at all? Not that you really would, but that's weird. I wonder if that was intentional or just an oversight. Also, EX shoulder tackle doesn't seem to combo into Ultra 1 :(

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@starvinggamer: Damn, there is a steam sale coming up... if I can get that upgrade for 5ish dollars then I am down(especially since Omega is coming with it). I however do want to note that I enjoy this game casually. Until the bombcast this week, I had no idea what an otg was.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fei is super crazy! LOTS of weird stuff. All his chicken wings are super different, lk and mk are really interesting! Maybe the weirdest thing is that with EX rekkas, if you press 2 punches on each rekka, it actually uses three bars. You can choose whether to use 1, 2 or 3 bars. 1 EX is 188 damage, 2 EX is 248 and 3 EX is 344. His super ends differently, does 440. Two new moves, QCB + P and DP + P. Also, they made his close mk hit twice and it looks weeeeird.

Definitely check him out!

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently Omega Gen has an infinite. Oops.

Loading Video...

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By damodar

@thunderslash: hahaha that's fantastic. Ibuki has one too, but it's not that dumb, it's a kunai loop.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderslash: it is so easy too,just l.punch then repeated l.kick. Part of me hopes they leave it in

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.