Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

couple questions for those who have finished it

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By HydraHam

1. Does it have a supernatural "twist" like in the first
    2. If so, is it zombies? if not what is it?
    3. if so when does it take place? chapter wise and how long?

you can PM or do spoiler tags or whatever i just wanna know before i pick it up because i hated the crap from the first one it took me right out of the game but thankfully didn't last that long

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By choffy21

Why not play the game and find out?

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By asurastrike
    @Styl3s said:
    " 1. Does it have a supernatural "twist" like in the first 2. If so, is it zombies? if not what is it? 3. if so when does it take place? chapter wise and how long?  you can PM or do spoiler tags or whatever i just wanna know before i pick it up because i hated the crap from the first one it took me right out of the game but thankfully didn't last that long "
    The supernatural twist occurs when Nathan and Sully are tied to posts, and the Nazis open the Ark of the Covenant, at which point spirits start swirling around and melt the faces of everyone looking. Luckily Nathan and Sully avert their eyes and get away alright.
    HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HydraHam
    @choffy21 said:
    " Why not play the game and find out? "
    Why not answer my question instead of making a useless post?

@ asurastrike, if that's correct then thanks :)
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By asurastrike
    @Styl3s said:

" @choffy21 said:

" Why not play the game and find out? "
    Why not answer my question instead of making a useless post?  @ asurastrike, if that's correct then thanks :) "
    Actually it's the ending to the first Indiana Jones movie. Which illustrates my point, Uncharted is a very Indiana Jones-like game, and every Indiana Jones movie had supernatural elements.
    HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HydraHam

Never seen indiana jones and don't ever plan on seeing them they don't interest me and your point is pointless to me i asked about the game not indiana jones

SpencerBoltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SpencerBoltz

If you don't like Indiana Jones, well, Uncharted is super Indiana Jones. Also, Indiana Jones is a classic for sure.

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HydraHam

is the IQ of the basic user on this site like 8? its a simple set of questions i don't care about indiana jones, i don't care if you want me to play it first or if you think jones is a classic i just care about my questions so if you don't intend on contributing then stay out

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By bonbolapti

I think they're trying to make a point though. :|

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ninjakiller

Play the damn thing and find out yourself.

SpencerBoltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SpencerBoltz

Well, I haven't played Uncharted 2 yet. So really the only input I can give is that Uncharted 1 is much like Indiana Jones. If you aren't interested Indiana Jones, maybe the Uncharted series just isn't for you. Maybe the issue isn't that the super natural element turned you off. Maybe this just isn't the type of narrative for you. Considering you didn't like the direction the story of Uncharted 1 went, just don't play the sequel.  Play games that work for your sensibilities, and this series clearly doesn't.

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HydraHam

/shrug

nevermind im obviously not going to get a correct response from the monkeys here, and i enjoyed UC1 i just thought the supernatural element was incredibly weak and took me out the experience

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By trulyalive
    @Styl3s said:

" Never seen indiana jones and don't ever plan on seeing them they don't interest me and your point is pointless to me i asked about the game not indiana jones "

if his point is pointless then referring to it as a point makes no sense... You basically just said "Your point lacks itself."

@Styl3s said:

" is the IQ of the basic user on this site like 8? its a simple set of questions i don't care about indiana jones, i don't care if you want me to play it first or if you think jones is a classic i just care about my questions so if you don't intend on contributing then stay out "

Good sir, if the *average* IQ  of users on the site is 8, yours must surely be 7. It's a forum. Forums are not places where everything is wrapped up for you in a neat litle bow, it is a part of the internet, thus MADNESS HAPPENS.
    Plus, it's an open forum, don't tell us to stay out. If you want limited posting, create your own forum (freeforums is a good place to start) and see how many people show. Seriously, please do. You'll feel godly with such power.

@Styl3s said:

" /shrug  nevermind im obviously not going to get a correct response from the monkeys here, and i enjoyed UC1 i just thought the supernatural element was incredibly weak and took me out the experience "

I haven't played Uncharted 2 yet (doesn't get released for another 24 hours and 30 minutes here in the UK) but based on critical and commercial acclaim, I'd say it's a safe bet you'll like Among Thieves if you liked Drake's Fortune. Just slog through the inevitable supernatural elements.

P.S. for calling us monkeys you get the obligatory "FUCK YOU."
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Out_On_Bail
    @Styl3s: You know I probably shouldn't do this, because you're asking the game to be ruined.   

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.