Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

If Anybody Wants A Laugh

• 67 results
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Muttinus_Rump:@Drank_Stank: 

Oh my God... You guys are just so... uh...

How many times do I need to say that "yes I understand that they thought it was unoriginal" but given that after they said that they said  "but it takes all those gameplay elements and puts them together with polish rarely unseen in games before."  Then I don't think it warranted almost a whole point drop that it got. That's all... why are you all trying to turn this into an argument. I've said time and time again, in the grand scheme of things I don't care what they gave it, becaue it's not going change my opinion on the game.
    Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Muttinus_Rump
    @LiquidPrince: Hey, i'm not arguing with you. I just think it's ridiculous you're all still going at it.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Scooper

It obviously deserved a 10. Reviewer is getting paid by Atari because they want to sell more consoles.

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Damien
    @Scooper said:
    " It obviously deserved a 10. Reviewer is getting paid by Atari because they want to sell more consoles. "
    HOW'D YOU KNOW!!!
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By NinjaHunter

And this is why having a review system with decimals is stupid.

masternater27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By masternater27
    @LiquidPrince said:

" @Muttinus_Rump:@Drank_Stank: 

How many times do I need to say that "yes I understand that they thought it was unoriginal" but given that after they said that they said  "but it takes all those gameplay elements and puts them together with polish rarely unseen in games before."  Then I don't think it warranted almost a whole point drop that it got. That's all... why are you all trying to turn this into an argument. I've said time and time again, in the grand scheme of things I don't care what they gave it, becaue it's not going change my opinion on the game. "

You're just rationalizing the score.  They say all of these good things, but how come they knock it down?  What they said bad things too?  Yeah, but that bad thing doesn't matter as much as the good things do, because this is bizarro world where people give a shit.   

The following goes for everybody else pissing and moaning: 

Man, who fucking cares?  Does a 9.3 versus a 9.9 matter?  No.  Buy the game, shut up.  Review scores don't matter.  A 9.3 versus a 9.whatever isn't going to change the number of people who play it, nor the enjoyment that you'll get out of it.  If you got a 93% on your crayon drawing from your teacher (I'm assuming you're in special ed) you'd be happy, and it'd go down on your GPA the same as a 97%.   

People that care about a review score for a game more than general buying decisions make me sick.  People that care about the number after the decimal on a score above an 8.0 are pathetic and should reevaluate their lives.  How about instead of worrying about the 0.6 points a game that isn't even out yet is apparently missing based on "the tone of the review" (how you judge a 1-7% difference in tone is beyond me), you worry about the economy.  Or cancer, or AIDS, or the billion people who are starving currently.  Take all of the thought you've put into writing posts about review scores (and add in some extra to cover the time I've wasted writing this), and write a novel, or a song.  Hell, use that energy to get yourself laid, or if you have a significant other, show them that you appreciate them- think up a truly wonderful gift.  Do something.  But stop being a fucking bitch.

/end rant
    Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Muttinus_Rump
    @masternater27: Brilliant, I think that's probably one of the best put downs i've ever read.
    Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Swaboo

I read this article yesterday  http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml pretty good read.

He talks about the same thing when it was happening with Killzone 2, prototype vs Infamous and things like that. Now we get to see it happen again with Uncharted 2 scores...

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @masternater27 said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:

" @Muttinus_Rump:@Drank_Stank: 

How many times do I need to say that "yes I understand that they thought it was unoriginal" but given that after they said that they said  "but it takes all those gameplay elements and puts them together with polish rarely unseen in games before."  Then I don't think it warranted almost a whole point drop that it got. That's all... why are you all trying to turn this into an argument. I've said time and time again, in the grand scheme of things I don't care what they gave it, becaue it's not going change my opinion on the game. "

You're just rationalizing the score.  They say all of these good things, but how come they knock it down?  What they said bad things too?  Yeah, but that bad thing doesn't matter as much as the good things do, because this is bizarro world where people give a shit.     The following goes for everybody else pissing and moaning:  Man, who fucking cares?  Does a 9.3 versus a 9.9 matter? 
    I answered this, an am not going to do it another thousand times. Learn to read.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By ImperiousRix

Sheesh, GT gave a sterling review to Uncharted.

They basically said that if you can play it, then you need to get it.  What the fuck are some people's problem?

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By JoelTGM
    @ImperiousRix said:
    "

Sheesh, GT gave a sterling review to Uncharted.

They basically said that if you can play it, then you need to get it.  What the fuck are some people's problem?

"
    It's not enough for a game to score high and receive a lot of praise, it needs to score higher than the enemy's exclusive; that's all a fanboy looks forward to, going on a forum and boasting about how their exclusive is better than the other exclusive.

I wish people would just play their damn games rather than fight over them.
    eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By eclipsesis
    @bonbolapti said:
    "
    let's crank this review up o 11! 

Man i wish i was this kid, look at him getting his rock on and that face, priceless. And the controller isn't even plugged in.

I like Fanboys, it gives me something to laugh at  

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TwoOneFive
    why the fuck do they use a 100 point scale???? how can anyone rate a game that precise?!?!?!!
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " why the fuck do they use a 100 point scale???? how can anyone rate a game that precise?!?!?!! "
    True. The 5 star system makes more sense everyday.
    tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By tebbit
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    " why the fuck do they use a 100 point scale???? how can anyone rate a game that precise?!?!?!! "
    True. The 5 star system makes more sense everyday. "
    Yup, rather than people bitching over 9.3 vs 9.7 (which is bordering on semantics in my opinion), it gets a 5/5, and everyone can agree. I remember being kind of upset when Gamespot changed their scoring system from 0.1's to 0.5's, but after a while it just made sense, and now I reckon they should move to the full 1.0 scale.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
    deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonbolapti said:
    "

No Caption Provided
    "

HELL YES
     HELL YES
    LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By LiquidSwords
    @Champy said:
    " @bonbolapti said:
    "

No Caption Provided
    "

HELL YES
     HELL YES
    "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.