Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

I'm afraid that I'm caught into the hype of Uncharted 2.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By MetalGearSunny

Uncharted 2 might be one of the most hyped games of the year. You got people rating it 21/20, Adam Sessler saying it's the best single player game he has ever played, etc. At first I thought it was all bullshit, but I've been buying into the hype lately. 

Hey, it's the box art that you've seen a million times! 
    The reason that I wasn't interested in the game at first was because the first one was not so good as a shooter. It suffered a few problems that made the game a pain in the ass. People simply took way too long too die, taking seven to eight bullets before they finally went down. The motion controls were             unnecessary and just plain horrible. You had to stop and take your time aiming to throw the grenade using the controller, where as trowing a grenade should be quick and easy to preform in any shooter.

But now, it seems that Naughty Dog has learned from all of that and fixed it all in this game. The footage I've seen from the game - like the Quick Look - has me excited. Just picture Indiana Jones with a younger protagonist and you have Uncharted 2. 

Maybe I'm dumb for buying into the hype, but seeing the reviews, it doesn't look it will be another Scribblenauts incident. What do you guys think about all this Uncharted 2 hype? Are you looking forward to playing the game? Is Adam Sessler an asshole? Why do I need to end this blog with a question? 
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Uncharted 2 might be one of the most hyped games of the year. You got people rating it 21/20, Adam Sessler saying it's the best single player game he has ever played, etc. At first I thought it was all bullshit, but I've been buying into the hype lately. 

The reason that I wasn't interested in the game at first was because the first one was not so good as a shooter. It suffered a few problems that made the game a pain in the ass. People simply took way too long too die, taking seven to eight bullets before they finally went down. The motion controls were             unnecessary and just plain horrible. You had to stop and take your time aiming to throw the grenade using the controller, where as trowing a grenade should be quick and easy to preform in any shooter.

But now, it seems that Naughty Dog has learned from all of that and fixed it all in this game. The footage I've seen from the game - like the Quick Look - has me excited. Just picture Indiana Jones with a younger protagonist and you have Uncharted 2. 

Maybe I'm dumb for buying into the hype, but seeing the reviews, it doesn't look it will be another Scribblenauts incident. What do you guys think about all this Uncharted 2 hype? Are you looking forward to playing the game? Is Adam Sessler an asshole? Why do I need to end this blog with a question? 
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RHCPfan24

It looks very good, of course, I just hate hype that surrounds games like this. Yes, I will buy it. Yes, I will play it. But no, my head will not explode from excitement or anticipation. It is just a cool-looking game that will probablby be among the year's best, that's all.

And hey, I just noticed these "quote" and "spoiler" options on the text box. That's pretty sweet.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ArchScabby

Well you should be.  Uncharted 2 is gonna give you a blow job while feeding you chocolate cake and whispering I love you in your ear.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By bonbolapti

Well this is the Sequal to a game that's already pretty good, but this one is more polished. I'd say it's probably worth picking up, Scribblenauts this ain't
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @ArchScabby said:
    " Well you should be.  Uncharted 2 is gonna give you a blow job while feeding you chocolate cake and whispering I love you in your ear. "
    Is that suppose to be a good thing?
    i69edUrGpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By i69edUrGpa
    @Metal_Gear_Sunny: 
    Do you like blow jobs?  
    Do you like chocolate cake? 
    Do you like being loved? 

I think you can figure that one out....    
    shambles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By shambles

hype is what you make it....    

that being said ....the game is gonna be outstanding. hypemachine or not.... .it doesn't take much to realize this...if u played the first one  you know what to expect.. 
    and watching video footage for this one..you can easily see the major improvments...its a must own.. ... simple as that...  

who really cares what other people think of the game... being a gamer you should be able to make your own decisions.. 
    .. of what kind of game you know your gonna like ..
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @i69edUrGpa: Not at the same time!
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @shambles said:
    " hype is what you make it....     that being said ....the game is gonna be outstanding. hypemachine or not.... .it doesn't take much to realize this...if u played the first one  you know what to expect.. and watching video footage for this one..you can easily see the major improvments...its a must own.. ... simple as that...   who really cares what other people think of the game... being a gamer you should be able to make your own decisions.. .. of what kind of game you know your gonna like .. "
    o......k.........
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArchScabby
    @Metal_Gear_Sunny: Well if you don't like chocolate cake blowjobs then there's no help for you my friend.
    unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By unclejohnny79

ah let the hype consume you, it will live up to it

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I might consider renting it.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mordukai

Hey, Uncharted 2 is a good game to get caught onto it's hype. 

twillfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By twillfast

I'm trying to avoid the hype and brutally underestimate this game, effectively making me the person who's going to enjoy it the most.
    And with it, I don't mean blowjob-cake'd love whispering.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Hamz

It's the first game I've pre-ordered for my PS3 sine I recently bought it. So I'm excited, hopeful and glad to see both players and critics have good feelings and things to say about the game.

wfolse1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By wfolse1

I had super high expectations and this game absolutely blew me away.  Probably one of the best action games ever made, IMO.  I can't remember a game that so balanced it's gameplay with its narrative,  Also, it was absolutely BRILLIANTLY paced.  

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By calidan777

I just started it tonight and man, I must say that so far the game is definitely living up to the hype. The story so far is incredible, far more interesting and believable  (the acting, I mean) than most games. I had to force myself to stop playing because my wife had been watching me play and she was so into the story that she wanted me to stop playing so that she could go to bed and not miss anything. So yeah, I think that it will surpass the hype if it can keep up this pace.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By vidiot
    @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:

The reason that I wasn't interested in the game at first was because the first one was not so good as a shooter. It suffered a few problems that made the game a pain in the ass. People simply took way too long too die, taking seven to eight bullets before they finally went down. The motion controls were   unnecessary and just plain horrible. You had to stop and take your time aiming to throw the grenade using the controller, where as trowing a grenade should be quick and easy to preform in any shooter. 

I'm a few chapters in, and I can already answer that:
    1) People do not take as long to die as the first game.
    2) There are no motion controls with grenades, they are incredibly effective in this game. You need to use them to survive. 
    3) I have yet to see any motion controls. At all. 

The changes to mechanics in this game were incredibly specific and clearly try and address the issues of the first game. Wrap a series of good shooting mechanics with, right now at least, is the best production values I've ever seen in a game and you have something truly special. Sony threw money at this game, and it shows. If the game continues in the same tone and pace as it has for the first seven or so chapters, and this will be a top contender for game of the year. No questions asked. 

I too was hesitant of the hype. My expectations were quite high, and I was shocked, shocked, that the game proceeded to topple them within the first few minutes in the tutorial when you wake up from the crashed train. You can pick Uncharted 2 apart, I assume, somehow. I have yet to complete it, but the only people I can imagine who would not enjoy the game so far, would be seriously messed up.

Just buy it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.