• 65 results
randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By randiolo

One of the first reviews of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves will be issued in the november edition of Playstation Magazine. What catches my eye is the " forget game of the year, this is one of the best games of all time" line in the center of the cover. You might think its biased coming from a PS magazine but they where not too kind to the infamous and killzone reviews in the past.  I knew this game was going to be great, but how great is what we will know october 13. fingers crossed.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By tebbit

Ah well, I don't care if thats the most biased review on the planet - Just more fuel for the fire of me being totally amped for this game :O

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JokerClown88

DO WANT!!!
Domstercool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 195

#4  Edited By Domstercool

Wow that's some big words there.  We all knew it was gonna be a great game anyway, but one of the best? Awesome!

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Jeust

I think that it will be amazing, but "one of the greatest of all time", that remains to be seen. 

I'm waiting for independent reviews. 

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Red12b
@randiolo:
No Bias, No, Nope, None at all! 
I would be skepticle 
I will get the game, Of course but untill I see an Un-Bias site or Mag that I trust can the Best game eva come out.
Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Scooper

The PS3's got a 'fresh new look' and 'killer price'!? I may have to pick one up.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By RsistncE

It's PLAYSTATION magainze, I wouldn't honestly expect them to say Sony's biggest exclusive for this holiday season sucks.

Besides, I played the beta, it was good, not great and definitely not the "best of all time".

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By randiolo
@Red12b said:
" @randiolo: No Bias, No, Nope, None at all! I would be skepticle I will get the game, Of course but untill I see an Un-Bias site or Mag that I trust can the Best game eva come out. "
sure hey, its all up for interpretation, but those are some big big words for a big magazine.. i dont think they would put thier necks out like that if they didnt think they could back that up . no?
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By penguindust

Ha-ha, gotta admit that type of statement only invites trouble, but this has been my number one game for 2009 for most of the year.  I'll certainly buy it, but I wish gaming magazines would use some restraint when making such claims. Truly great games need longevity to really be worthy of such accolades.  Maybe Uncharted 2 will get that, but I don't believe it can be called one of the best games of all time until it's been around for a while. 

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By agent_lost

Right, now how there going to over hip God of War III now.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Absurd

I want a PS3 :[

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By VWGTI

I'd take what they said with a grain of salt. However, I'm almost certain this will be one of the best games to come out this holiday.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By zombie2011

i heard the official Xbox magazine gave Uncharted 2 a 0/10 so i'm not sure which to believe.

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nrain

The topic says "best game of all time" whereas there is no such quote, it say one of the best. There is a huge difference between the best and one of the best games of all time.
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheHBK

I dont think so...I think that a bold statement like that, trying to sell magazines.  Get people to read the review.  But from what I played of the multiplayer beta, I don't think so.  No way no how.  The killzone 2 multiplayer was more enjoyable.  Although I did like the graphics.  The number one games I am still looking at are Modern Warfare 2 and Borderlands.  I dont see how uncharted 2, though a good game, can ever really make any best games of all times lists.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gizmo

Sorry Uncharted, ODST + MW2 are my games this fall.

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nrain

@TheHBK said:

"I dont think so...I think that a bold statement like that, trying to sell magazines.  Get people to read the review.  But from what I played of the multiplayer beta, I don't think so.  No way no how.  The killzone 2 multiplayer was more enjoyable.  Although I did like the graphics.  The number one games I am still looking at are Modern Warfare 2 and Borderlands.  I dont see how uncharted 2, though a good game, can ever really make any best games of all times lists. "

It can make the best game of all times list by having a kick ass story mode which is what the core of the game will be.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's an official magazine, therefore BS by default.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who the hell goes to an official magazine for a review?
It's great for previews and news that you wouldn't be privy anywhere else that early, but to suggest that a magazine who a part of the crust on Sony's dick will do anything else than give it a rimjob on text is ludicrous.

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ZeroCast

Pretty expected, when you take a look at the Single Player with all its set pieces, cinematically driven story and lush visuals, I think all of that contributes to an experience like never before. 
GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By GunstarRed
@ZeroCast said:
"Pretty expected, when you take a look at the Single Player with all its set pieces, cinematically driven story and lush visuals, I think all of that contributes to an experience like never before.  "

not technically true, because it looks very similar to the first. (i LOVE the first game)
ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ZeroCast
@marioncobretti said:
"@ZeroCast said:
"Pretty expected, when you take a look at the Single Player with all its set pieces, cinematically driven story and lush visuals, I think all of that contributes to an experience like never before.  "
not technically true, because it looks very similar to the first. (i LOVE the first game) "

As a guy who didn't play Uncharted 1, I was actually judging Uncharted 2 from the videos we saw so far, the game must have went under a ton of improvements and whether they are visual related or gameplay related, I truly believe that this game will deliver a great experience for Action/Adventure lovers like you and me.
Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Valames
@TeflonBilly said:
" Who the hell goes to an official magazine for a review? It's great for previews and news that you wouldn't be privy anywhere else that early, but to suggest that a magazine who a part of the crust on Sony's dick will do anything else than give it a rimjob on text is ludicrous. "
gross
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By Evilsbane

It looks like a really good game, AAA title to be sure, but---really? Best Game of ALL TIME? Thats a bit much, no matter what you spin it as its still a third person shooter and there are lots of those and a good chunk of those are fantastic games, for them to put that on the cover it better cause Jack Frost to leap outta my TV and scream " WHAT UP HO ! "

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By KamasamaK

I'm sure these guys don't mind having their integrity questioned. I sure as heck never trusted Microsoft game reviews from Games for Windows: The Official Magazine cause we know those guys always got paid off. At least that nice John Davison is out from Sony's clutches and can reveal all the nasty things they made him do. And don't bother asking for evidence, since it's obvious just by looking at it.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Al3xand3r

An exclusive review, a month before release, on a PlayStation magazine. Yeah, call me skeptical. I'm sure the game will be great though.

I believe this is the second review of the game, the first was from some French PlayStation magazine which awarded it a 21/20. Yes, 21...

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Relys
@ZeroCast said:
" @marioncobretti said:
"@ZeroCast said:
not technically true, because it looks very similar to the first. (i LOVE the first game) "
As a guy who didn't play Uncharted 1, I was actually judging Uncharted 2 from the videos we saw so far, the game must have went under a ton of improvements and whether they are visual related or gameplay related, I truly believe that this game will deliver a great experience for Action/Adventure lovers like you and me. "
I honestly didn't think Uncharted needed any improvements.  It was amazing the way it was.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TwoOneFive

doesnt say best game of all time. that was a total misquote and a verrrrry big one.  
theres a huge difference in One of the best games of all time and Best game of all time.  

anyways. i know lots of douches are gonna say, oo0oh its a Sony mag, of course its bias you cant buy that shit. well your wrong. because they have been pretty harsh on lots of exclusives in the past. they do write fleshed out reviews

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By randiolo
@TwoOneFive said:
" doesnt say best game of all time. that was a total misquote and a verrrrry big one.  theres a huge difference in One of the best games of all time and Best game of all time.  "
yerr sorry.
KillaMaStA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KillaMaStA

Im happy that its doing well but I cant take it seriously at all since its the official playstation magazine. Im confident that it will be a good game tho

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By wealllikepie

i bought a ps3 magazine once back in the day when it had no good games whatsoever (except maybe resistance and uncharted 1) and it was extremely optimistic and saying that the sales are off the charts. thus, i never trust a specific platform magazine as it always turns out to be bias. i think itll be a decent game, but its gonna be like the 360 magazine reviewing ODST

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Burns098356GX

Wierd that a Playstation magazine named a Playstation exclusive game as the best game of all time...

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 40

#34  Edited By AgentJ
@RsistncE said:
" It's PLAYSTATION magainze, I wouldn't honestly expect them to say Sony's biggest exclusive for this holiday season sucks.  Besides, I played the beta, it was good, not great and definitely not the "best of all time". "
I played a bit of the demo at PAX, and while it certainly seemed fun, the building climbing bits were so slow and boring. It would have a lot of ground to make up in my mind. Even if I had a PS3, I don't think i'd be looking forward to this at all. (Instead my money would be going towards Heavy Rain and White Knight Chronicles)
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jimbo

Unless they are holding back a lot of radical gameplay features (they aren't), I can't see how it can hope to justify a statement like that.  It looks extremely similar to Uncharted, which was a great game, but hardly deserving of praise like that - what's gonna be so different about Uncharted 2?

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ThomasP

I was expecting great, so If it can deliver "one of the best games of all time" quality, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CL60

This review is the most unbiased review I've ever seen. "cough"

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Waiting on the reviews on gamerankings, last time it wasn't even over 90%

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I'll be buying it, I know it will be awesome, but how good is yet to be seen.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By pause422

Even just "one of the best games of all time" is too much bullshit to hear from an official magazine until more is released. Not paying one bit of attention to it.

WildFloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#41  Edited By WildFloyd

how can you judge the best game of all time? that seems like such a flawed statement

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Steve_C

I've been saving myself from too much footage, but brief glimpses of some of the set pieces look incredible, and i imagine there'll be many more.

The core gameplay has been tightened, but it'll be the actual set-pieces and cinematic moments which make the game what it is. Like what made COD4's single-player.

I'm waiting to see more reviews though.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TwoOneFive

everytime a playstation magazine reviews a game, every shouts BIAS, well what about the reviews for  the resistance games?

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By randiolo

funny how the same sort of thing happened with halo 3 before it came out, but now its a ps3 exclusive it gets shot right out of the sky.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 40

#45  Edited By AgentJ
@TwoOneFive said:
" everytime a playstation magazine reviews a game, every shouts BIAS, well what about the reviews for  the resistance games? "
that's like saying just because Nintendo Power didn't give every one of their games a 7 or higher means they weren't biased. They are both certainly biased, no question about it. The question is HOW biased. 
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Diamond

Saying 'one of the best games of all time' is far more OK than giving a game a score of 21/20.

People shouldn't be judging if Uncharted 2 is or isn't one of the best games of all time until they've played it.  However, a 21/20 is unwarranted no matter what, it's just silly.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By dbz1995

I'll know whether this game is one of the best games of all time if it manages to make me like it. I was never a fan of the first Uncharted.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Okay, I'm excited. Could Modern Warfare 2 actually have some competition in the GOTY category this year? Suddenly things are heating up.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#49  Edited By delta_ass

Uncharted 2, I'm really happy for you, and I'm gonna let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time! One of the best videos of all time!

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JoelTGM

It's not impossible for it to be 'one' of the best games of all time, it sounds like a huge statement but think about it... with todays technology, and huge budgets for developing games, it's not implausible that a new game will raise the bar somewhere along the lines, or raise all the bars very high like Uncharted 2 has done according to that review. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.