Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Uncharted 2 Beta

Ms_Chivios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Ms_Chivios

So I have been playing the Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta for a couple of days now, and I must say...This game is AWESOME!!!  While I have yet to play through the Uncharted 1 story (I plan on starting that tomorrow) I have no doubt that Uncharted 2 is going to rock.  I am ranked up to level 9 so far. 

The thing that I find funny is that whenever I play the heros side people know that I am a girl (I play as Elena.  Go figure), but when I am a villian, I have to play as a big burly russian dude.  Someone killed me once when I was a villian and was all "Got you dude...Wait...That was a GIRL????"  I found it to be hysterical to be honest.  Everyone seems to have this preconceived notion that everyone who plays video games are inherently male.  I know that the males make up most of the gaming demographic, but as someone who is fairly new to the gaming world (I am not a true gamer by any sense of the word) it can be kind of odd and unsettling at times.   

I digress...Uncharted 2 is a game that should be running in every PS3 when it comes out.  Hopefully Ill see you all on the battlefield.   

-Erin

Ms_Chivios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Ms_Chivios

So I have been playing the Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta for a couple of days now, and I must say...This game is AWESOME!!!  While I have yet to play through the Uncharted 1 story (I plan on starting that tomorrow) I have no doubt that Uncharted 2 is going to rock.  I am ranked up to level 9 so far. 

The thing that I find funny is that whenever I play the heros side people know that I am a girl (I play as Elena.  Go figure), but when I am a villian, I have to play as a big burly russian dude.  Someone killed me once when I was a villian and was all "Got you dude...Wait...That was a GIRL????"  I found it to be hysterical to be honest.  Everyone seems to have this preconceived notion that everyone who plays video games are inherently male.  I know that the males make up most of the gaming demographic, but as someone who is fairly new to the gaming world (I am not a true gamer by any sense of the word) it can be kind of odd and unsettling at times.   

I digress...Uncharted 2 is a game that should be running in every PS3 when it comes out.  Hopefully Ill see you all on the battlefield.   

-Erin

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By bed

i still need to buy the first one. i'm sure i missed out

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pazy
    @AjayRaz said:
    " i still need to buy the first one. i'm sure i missed out "
    I felt the same so I tried the demo but hated the whole feel of the combat and even the movement so I didnt buy it. Wierdly the MP demo hooked me though, Its awesome! Everything about it from the movement to the feel of the guns "works" for me and I cant tell why.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24

I signed into the Uncharted 2 beta over the weekend, played three separate games as a Level One character because I just got it and got kicked from each one for no apparent reason. Deciding I had other, better things to play, I said "fuck this" and played Battlefield: 1943.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By GunstarRed

I'm trying my hardest to keep playing the the awesome beta to a minimum, I don't want to  have to re-rank up again and burn out on the game before it comes out. 
    I'm still finding it very hard to get  into co-op games despite easily finding deathmatch stuff. I dont know if thats the time of day that i'm signing in or what... but I can't quite seem to link both adversarial and uncharted together... 

The story and writing in the single player is really what Uncharted is all about... have fun with it.
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Otacon

Yeah I've really been enjoying the BETA for 2. Uncharted is one of my favourite games of this generation, you should really enjoy the story of Drakes Fortune.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bed
    @Pazy said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    I felt the same so I tried the demo but hated the whole feel of the combat and even the movement so I didnt buy it. Wierdly the MP demo hooked me though, Its awesome! Everything about it from the movement to the feel of the guns "works" for me and I cant tell why. "
    i didn't even know that there was a demo. thanks :D  
    i'll go check this demo out 
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @AjayRaz said:
    In the first one all the enemies play as the Heavy Weapons guy.
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Otacon
    @TheMustacheHero: Sure there were problems with the bullet bag enemies and some other stuff, but the general concept, setting, characters and story were so good, minor issues are easy to overlook.
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Otacon: >_> Aliens.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bed
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    In the first one all the enemies play as the Heavy Weapons guy. "
    you, sir, have interested me.  
    TELL MEH MOAR 
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @AjayRaz: They all have miniguns and eat sandviches.

But seriously, it took like 8 mags to kill them.
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Otacon
    @TheMustacheHero: This ain't no Indiana Jones!
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Otacon: No refrigerator nukes?
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bed
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @AjayRaz: They all have miniguns and eat sandviches.  But seriously, it took like 8 mags to kill them. "
    i lol'd. you've made me want to buy it more.  
    thank you, sir. 
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Otacon
    @TheMustacheHero: lol afraid not, perhaps it will be a mechanic in the sequel.
    Ms_Chivios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Ms_Chivios

I want to thank all of you for all of your replies. I am about to sign onto the Uncharted 2 beta right now after I browse The PS Store.  

gamer4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By gamer4life

loved the first game so im sure i will love this one even more. its good to know that everyone who plays it, loves it right away.  im jealous at all the people that are in the beta, lucky bastards. ha
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CowMuffins

Is there character customization in this game? What's the point of leveling up in multiplayer? Do you unlock stuff?

Ms_Chivios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ms_Chivios
    @CowMuffins:
    There is character customization in that you get to pick who you play as on either the hero or villian side and you get to choose a taunt to do and your characters perks.  Leveling up give you money that you use to buy said perks and unlock them as well.
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CowMuffins
    @Ms_Chivios said:
    " @CowMuffins: There is character customization in that you get to pick who you play as on either the hero or villian side and you get to choose a taunt to do and your characters perks.  Leveling up give you money that you use to buy said perks and unlock them as well. "
    But you can't customize your character Metal Gear Online style? Can you buy new characters, and how many are there?
    Ms_Chivios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ms_Chivios
    @CowMuffins:
    You can buy new characters and at present (remember it is still just the beta of the game) there are ten characters to play as on each side.  I do not know how the character customization in MGO is because I have not played it and cannot comment on it.
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CowMuffins
    @Ms_Chivios said:
    " @CowMuffins: You can buy new characters and at present (remember it is still just the beta of the game) there are ten characters to play as on each side.  I do not know how the character customization in MGO is because I have not played it and cannot comment on it. "
    You should play it. Basically, you can make a character and buy different gear sets, like new chest armor, hats, accessories and the such.
    tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By tebbit

So long as I hear about Uncharted 2 being good, I won't have to play it until it comes out. Because it looks badass, and I don't want to dilute that bad-assedness by being in the beta for it. I accidentally ruined my passion for Supreme Commander by doing exactly that. 

@CowMuffins: Do people still play MGO? I remember servers were packed when the game first came out, but I also remember the terrible, terrible signup process.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CowMuffins
    @Tebbit said:
    " So long as I hear about Uncharted 2 being good, I won't have to play it until it comes out. Because it looks badass, and I don't want to dilute that bad-assedness by being in the beta for it. I accidentally ruined my passion for Supreme Commander by doing exactly that. 

@CowMuffins: Do people still play MGO? I remember servers were packed when the game first came out, but I also remember the terrible, terrible signup process. "
    Yes people still play it. The sign up process isn't bad, it saves all your info, so really you only have to log in once. They patched all the bullet lag too.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#26  Edited By Yummylee

Uncharted 2....easily a contender for my GOTY! xD Didn't getta chance to play the beta but i just have a hunch knowing that this bein a game that basically retread the same formula from its predeccesor but also adds plenty of new additions along with it., me totally loving the original means i'll basically be put into a state of bliss with the the sequel lol 
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By Scooper

All the video of this game impresses me both in multiplayer and singleplayer. Ahhhhh why did I buy a damn 360 now I got no scratch to buy a trey.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By guiseppe

I still need to finish the first one :P. I never quite got in to it, but it is damned good game though.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By get2sammyb
    @CowMuffins said:
    " Is there character customization in this game? What's the point of leveling up in multiplayer? Do you unlock stuff? "
    Yeah you earn money and there's a ton of stuff to unlock for doing so.

It's a really good beta. They still have issues to iron out - people quitting (!) - but it's a very impressive multiplayer component to what we all assumed would be a bit of a "tack on". It's certainly not short on content.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.