Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

Patch 1.02

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By X19

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_3_patch_102_notes/#comments

Uncharted 3 – Patch 1.02 

Single Player

General

• Movie cutscene viewer added (in the Bonuses menu, Single-Player only)

Technical

• Fixed the missing Motion Blur effects (for Single Player only)
    • “Alternate Aim Settings” added to the Options menu under Camera options (for Single Player only)

Multiplayer

General

• Settings bug fixed: all controls being set to flipped mode setting will no longer change all controls back to default

Gameplay

• Medal streaks won’t reset if the host migrates to another user
    • Blindfire targeting adjusted so that opposing players past a certain vertical angle above and below won’t be hit.
    • Allow grenade throw while scoped
    • Tuned Pull Down range from 1.5 meters to 2.0 meters
    • Lowered the player running speed when players run ‘n gun by approximately 15%
    • Slightly increased the turn radius of run ‘n gun
    • Slightly decreased the turning speed during Sprint

Technical

• Fixed an infrequent hunter spawning issue in Hunter Arena when the match round switches
    • Fixed several cinema crashes
    • Locked fast-forwarding on convoy sequence in Airstrip TDM and train sequence on London Underground TDM to 3x maximum in Cinema Mode
    • Fixed certain cameras in Kick Offs and Pull Downs
    • Fixed a late join skin bug with locked content
    • Fixed a split-screen Buddy treasure pickup bug
    • Fixed duplicate medal problem causing bad tabulation of a few medals to the player’s career stats

User Interface

• Objective points now show up in the player’s Competitive statistics tab instead of the Cooperative statistics tab
    • Added a Facebook Sign Out option
    • Added the Add Friend functionality in the Facebook tab
    • Fixed voice icon for mics not appearing in Matchmaking lobby
    • Adding missing weapon stats tracking for certain weapons that were not being recorded to the player stats
    • Fix for not displaying the entire Online ID within the “Players” column of any leaderboard.
    • Fix for a user having an online ID containing fifteen or more characters created in uppercase format and actively using a voice comm device.

Server

• Matchmaking now waits for double the number of players in the biggest party in the room to be present before starting a game (to prevent parties from being split frequently)
    • Players no longer able to join party that is already in Matchmaking

Thank you for playing and your patience while we built and released this patch. A lot of your feedback went making this patch happen so keep letting us know what you think of the game. Continue to let us know in the forums of any technical issues you might stumble across. Hope you’re enjoying Uncharted 3! See you online!

Have a play and see what you think.
    rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By rockinkemosabe

Crushing mode here I come!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

I was going to... but then I remembered how I'd still just rather play more Saints Row The Third <3

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By TheHT

Looks like the fixed the run n' gun being the way to win thing people were complaining about. Like, seriously fixed it.

smallville123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By smallville123

The gunplay is much better with the new option. Finally got a chance to finish it. Left me wanting more!

jaymorgoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By jaymorgoth

Is it sad that the thing I like most is the cutscene viewer?

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By rapid

Cool been wondering when the patch would come out, and this is surprisingly fairly soon. Unchart 3 has been on the on my backburner since Saints Row 3 and Assassin's Creed Revlation came out. I've only just finished the french chateau level in the single player. Time to go back.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By N7

This is how you do a patch. Way to go Naughty Dog.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Afroman269

So is the new shooting option actually better now?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By Yummylee

@Afroman269 said:

So is the new shooting option actually better now?

Absolutely. Ironically I was already warming (or I suppose adjusting would be a better term) up to the shooting style of Uncharted 3, but man... it still feels good to be back. It's essentially been reverted back to Uncharted 2, with a much more fluid reticule and significantly easier headshots to pull off. I myself still don't really want to play through an entire run of Uncharted 3, though... the better shooting of course doesn't remedy the bad pacing of the later stages nor the less-so engaging storyline. But it's still appreciative that it's there.

From the multiplayer side of things, the blind-firing nerf is definitely noticeable, but isn't detracting too much from the number of people who still just run around blind-firing Kal-7's or Micro Uzi's for an entire match. It's much easier to counter against because of the stilted speed, though, so hopefully people will soon realise that that ridiculous tactic isn't going to keep them above water as much as it used to.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Dreamfall31

Just played a couple of gunfights from single player with the Alternate Aim Mode on and oh boy.....does it feel a billion times better. I started off playing each with the original UC3 setting and could not believe how much the reticle gets pushed away from enemies. But when I put the Alternate Mode on it felt just like UC2! Glad they fixed it, I just wish the game had shipped like that. I loved 3, but I did get really frustrated during some of the big firefights.

I'd love to go back and play MP and the story through again, but Skyrim has it's hooks in me and will for probably until Mass Effect 3....also want to get another playthrough of Mass Effect 2 in.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Djratchet

Finally got around to beating Crushing last night thanks to this patch. The enemies still have unholy flanking/sniping skills, but at least i could line up headshots.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.