Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

Players above the level 25 cap?

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Sooperspy

I've been playing the Uncharted 3 beta today, and I've seen two players at level 29. I was just wondering how this could have happened, and if anyone else has seen anyone above the level cap?

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zella

Same, I sawa level 31 yesterday. Since he was so high so quick I figured he was a developer and had thus been in the beta early and would explain the high level and ignoring the cap. 

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Beaudacious

Micro-Transactions fools, you can pay to lvl in online games now.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sooperspy
    @Beaudacious said:
    Micro-Transactions fools, you can pay to lvl in online games now.
    Yeah, but in the beta any level above 25 is supposed to be locked
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By N7

This one guy me and my friend saw was a level 28 and he was BANANAS. Like, omg. In the Three Team Deathmatch, he got 17 kills in the first two minutes and his buddy got the other three. I could not kill him, and when I did, he'd somehow throw a grenade from beyond the grave and I'd die instantly. There was one occasion where I dodged away from the nade and my buddy was right there on top of it. I died, he didn't. I even bought Stopping Power, yet my AK-47 Extended Mag wasn't doing anything to this guy.

It's kind of a funny thing to do nowadays, accusing people of cheating and such, but unless he was Nathan Drake himself, there was no way he was legit. There was some BS in the air that night.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sooperspy
    @N7: The guys I've seen were pretty good, but weren't cheating like the guy you encountered. That must have been a shitty 3tdm match.
    Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

When Naughty Dog said 25 would be the maximum they meant for the actual upgrades and unlockables. You can still level up as high as you want, I imagine, though the amount of cash required for a level up increases substantially; it's around 300K just to get from 25 to 26. 

It's no doubt to just give players that little piece of progression and keep them in the game since 25 is really easy to hit.

kickinthehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By kickinthehead

I'm nearly level 32 and I've seen as high as 37. At level 32 I'll have 1,910,000 total O_O I saw some high level guys who I could tell were grinding in co-op mode because I think during the Gold Rush part of co-op the guys will spawn infinitely as long as the treasure isn't in the box. But that means you're not helping your teammates which is kind of dickish :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.