Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

So....Are YOU Disappointed?

ABRLeveler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ABRLeveler

If so, how disappointed are you? I'm slightly disappointed....they changed some things the way I did not want it to...the movement also feels slower and clunky. Uncharted 2 felt a lot smoother in terms of gameplay in my opinion. But overall, the game is pretty damn good even though it's just a "beta". I'm sure in the full game, all the problems will be fixed. But then again, these problems aren't all that major...

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By SpecTackle

I'm disappointed with the MP Beta. I don't even care about the MP, as long as the single player is polished all is well.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ToxicFruit

Feels about the same to me, then again i did not really play the mp in uncharted 2

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By kingzetta

nope

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

@kingzetta said:

nope
    PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

The only thing I was disappointed with was some of the slowdown I experienced, and some of the texture loading I encountered. But I'm sure they'll fix most of that stuff before the game ships. Other than that, it was pretty awesome.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By falserelic

The beta felt about the same as uncharted 2. I wasn't really too impress with it.

DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

remember everyone this is a beta repeat this is a beta
    bslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bslayer

the game is fun, but i feel the motion blur is layed on a little too thick.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dany

@DEMONOLOGY_24 said:

This represents the final product in every way possible.

I win?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I don't play console games for the multiplayer, so i'm not disappointed with anything yet.. Uncharted 2's sp blew my mind, and i'm sure UC3's will too

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Akrid

Yes, but only because the beta is so crash-happy. I've tried once every day to play since it came out and so far I've gotten into one game for 5 mins till it crashed again. But from that glimpse it looked alright.

TearsInRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TearsInRain

I'm disappointed in people being disappointed about something that's only in its beta form.  What would you expect?

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By HadesTimes

So far, I'm really liking the beta. I quickly was able to pick up and play it even though I hadn't play MP for about 8 months. The hit detection seems better than in Uncharted 2; but everything else seems the same. I think the new customizable options are a neat addition and I can't wait to see what all the options are for the final game. Considering the single player will all most certainly be stellar; its gone from being a probable buy to a must buy.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By Sooperspy

I like it a lot. I especially love the beginning of the Airstrip map, when you're fighting in the plane and trucks. I hope they have more maps with stuff like that.

Tumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tumbler

@ABRLeveler:

I wouldn't say disappointed. I had no expectations for the multiplayer and it failed to impress me. I've only spent an hour playing but if what we're seeing is basically the full product I think they should go back and add way more items to use. The gameplay isn't going to win me over alone so if they added way more stuff to customize then new gameplay might emerge and that might be something I want to play.

If this is just a hacked up game and missing most of the content I think this is a missed opportunity to get people into the mp game. It feels really shallow. And I can only assume that the graphics are noticeably turned down for mp because everyone I've heard talk about the SP game is amazed by how it looks and the MP game looks like it's 2 years old. Very rough.

The best part about the game so far is the download speed I had it come over at. Took 15 min to download 1.6 gb. That is amazing on psn in my experience and I have to assume it was a fluke, that was the most awesome part of the game.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @Tumbler said:

@ABRLeveler:

I wouldn't say disappointed. I had no expectations for the multiplayer and it failed to impress me. I've only spent an hour playing but if what we're seeing is basically the full product I think they should go back and add way more items to use. The gameplay isn't going to win me over alone so if they added way more stuff to customize then new gameplay might emerge and that might be something I want to play.

If this is just a hacked up game and missing most of the content I think this is a missed opportunity to get people into the mp game. It feels really shallow. And I can only assume that the graphics are noticeably turned down for mp because everyone I've heard talk about the SP game is amazed by how it looks and the MP game looks like it's 2 years old. Very rough.

The best part about the game so far is the download speed I had it come over at. Took 15 min to download 1.6 gb. That is amazing on psn in my experience and I have to assume it was a fluke, that was the most awesome part of the game.

Why don't you start your threads with "HEY I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!"

This is not a demo, or any indication of anything for the final product. It's a beta, and they're not anywhere close to release. Hell they probably released it for all PS plus users only because Sony made them, and this is exactly why developers don't release more betas while games are being developed. People like you have no sense of scale.

They just want to see if the netcode is okay and if the weapons are balanced.

You played those 2 maps and obviously that's the whole game right? Stop being a moron....
    KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By KarlPilkington

Couldn't care less about the multiplayer.

DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24
    @Dany said:

@DEMONOLOGY_24 said:

I win?

Your right i just don't like to see people bash games before they get there hands on the final product I think its a little mean and could potentialy hurt good developers
    Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20  Edited By Castiel

I never played Uncharted for the multiplayer, so I can't say I'm too dissapointed. Also I felt the same way about U2 MP beta, but I learned to love after some time, and now I'm also starting to dig the U3 MP beta.

Also don't forget that this is a beta after all and therefore isn't an exact presentation of the final game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

They still have plenty of time to polish up, beta after all.
    Halo Reach actually had a lot of slow movement problems that were fixed when the game was released to give an example of changes from beta to full game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#22  Edited By Yummylee

Not at all. The beta has given me a solid impression of what the full multiplayer product--which I'm strangely enough more excited for than the single player--will resemble and I love it all! The much more diverse customisation options, the dynamic maps, the more weighted overall feel of the controls, the more satisfying feedback from weapons. The coop has improved some as well - or at least on the Arena side of things. I cannot wait to see how they've bolstered the cooperative Adventure mode down the line when they implement it into the beta.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheFreeMan

Nope.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By captain_clayman

i'm really digging it.  it's like they're taking little elements from a bunch of different games and mashing them into one ultimate game and it's fun as hell.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Spoonman671

Not really disappointed.  I expected the co-op to be fun and the competitive would be kind of shoddy.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

Yes, I am disappointed in all these invalids forming opinions on a beta.

And yes, I'm disappointed in the companies perpetuating this nonsense.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cloudenvy

I love it!

Then again, I'm one of those people who loved the hell out of Uncharted 2's multiplayer!

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Aus_azn

I'm pretty happy with it, I like the new scene-style maps and the actual need to reach high ground on the maps to dominate, far better than Uncharted 2's run-and-gun-around-the-map's-edge approach to owning. The Power Plays actually help to balance the game, but HC basically sheds it anyway. I'm hoping we'll see objective gametypes again; I've only played TDM and Hardcore (which was a TDM game >_>), and I didn't see indications of them other than Co-op Arena.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#29  Edited By Yummylee
    @Aus_azn said:
    I'm pretty happy with it, I like the new scene-style maps and the actual need to reach high ground on the maps to dominate, far better than Uncharted 2's run-and-gun-around-the-map's-edge approach to owning. The Power Plays actually help to balance the game, but HC basically sheds it anyway. I'm hoping we'll see objective gametypes again; I've only played TDM and Hardcore (which was a TDM game >_>), and I didn't see indications of them other than Co-op Arena.
    Some objective modes will be brought along across the next two weeks (plunder and hunter). There'll also, apparently, be a third map added in for the final 3rd week.
    Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By Rekt_Hed

Gotta remember Medal Of Honors Beta was shakey as hell when it first launched. Forming a solid opinion on a beta version of a game is kinda dumb.

From what ive played so far its more of what I loved about UC2 multi with extra bonues that are a nice touch. The power play feature is def a great switch up during rounds to keep you on your toes and ive enjoyed some of the other little game mech changes and weapons.

Overall the beta itself id say is going well so far. Will be interested to see how much changes between now and launch

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31  Edited By zyn
    @ColumnBreaker said:

I'm disappointed with the MP Beta. I don't even care about the MP, as long as the single player is polished all is well.

this.
    TanoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TanoPrime

I had no expectation and have not been disappointed.  It'll do, pig.  It'll do.
    Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#33  Edited By MachoFantastico

I wasn't keen on it at first, but then I played co-op and forgot how much bloody fun that mode can be. The controls still aren't perfect but hopefully beta changes can make it better. Feeling a little stronger about the beta as an whole though.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By emem

Uncharted games are solely singleplayer games to me, I've got no interest in mp whatsoever. So "no", the mp beta does not disappoint me, because I didn't (and won't) play it. :)

Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Surkov

I like it a lot. I'm actually surprised how much better it is than UC2. The buddy system is a good idea, the customization is great, the medals are interesting and you can level up everything. It's great.   

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By Marz

It's actually pretty good, just a little buggy.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@DEMONOLOGY_24 said:

@Dany said:

@DEMONOLOGY_24 said:

I win?

Your right i just don't like to see people bash games before they get there hands on the final product I think its a little mean and could potentialy hurt good developers

What do you think a beta is for? It's there to be criticized.

MYCAELIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MYCAELIS93

at first i was a bit disappointed in the changes to do with the controls which there is no possible reason for them to change, but after a few matches i just got used to them and i kinda of like them now although i would still prefer uncharted 2 controls

Avatar image for reptheplantdawg420
    RepThePlantDawg420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

naw, brah

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By fenixrevolution

Too early to be disappointed.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ares42

While it's nice to see that they've gone back on the horrendous 1.05 patch in UC2, I'm still pretty disappointed in the general direction they're heading. Their map design is still completely awful and the introduction of stuff like air-strip intro phase, power-plays, turrets and silly stuff like the wire-glide just puts the game even more in the "play for an hour or two now and then" category. They just seem to consistently always take the wrong choices when it comes to the details that would give the game a deep and fulfilling experience, and without that it just won't have enough "legs" to build momentum and actually gather a significant crowd. 

Putting it up against the GeoW3 beta that wasn't too long ago it's very easy to see the flaws. There was plenty of stuff even in that beta that wasn't exactly perfect, but they were still nowhere as far off as the things in UC3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.