Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

Uncharted 3 interview with Chris Balestra and NEW MP INFO!!!

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By X19

Anyone who knows me knows I'm obsessed with playing the UC2 multiplayer and am not afraid to speak up about what a mess that game is now. I'm very intrigued how UC3 will sort out the problems that UC2 had and also what new elements Naughty Dog intend to bring to the table this time round.

Here is the video so watch it before it gets taken down again. In the background you will see the multiplayer trailer that shows a heavier customizable component along with new melee moves and a sprint function. I'm trying to keep an open mind about these new additions to the multiplayer and look forward to playing the beta on June 28th.

Update: 

• IGN article on the beta  http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1162322p1.html
    • A few of the guns you could make.

Boosters that are subject to change.

Booster Slot 1

• Come Here - See the opponent that killed you up to 15 meters until they die
    • Let Me See - Every two deaths allow you to see all opponents for 8 seconds
    • Regeneration - Recover from wounds 70% faster
    • Beast Mode - Move faster with heavy objects by 10%
    • Scoped In - Reduce pain wobble while scoped in
    • Fleet Foot - Move faster while aiming
    • Retaliation - Spawn with limited ammo when killed with a Power Weapon
    • Cloaked - Opponents will not see your player arrow and you are difficult to hear
    • Weapon Expert - Add on additional MOD slot to all pistols (Required Rank: 5)
    • Explosive Expert - Carry an extra grenade
    • Endurance - Decrease sprint recovery time by 20% (Required Rank: 7)
    • Booty Buddy - Share what is found in chests
    • Stealth Buddy - Fill your Medal Kickback when your buddy gets a stealth kill
    • Sugar Buddy - Receive cash when your buddy does
    • Thanks Buddy - Shared medals

Booster Slot 2

• Back in the Saddle - Respawn time reduced by 2 seconds
    • Monkey Man - Climb faster
    • Lucky Me - Increase the [chance] of getting goods from chest by 10%
    • Bargain - Decrease Medal Kickback cost by 1
    • Deposit - Earn more money for objective medals
    • Treasure Hunter - Increase the chance of getting treasures from chest by 10% and see cursed treasures
    • Ammo Award - Receive ammo for getting kills in a row
    • Daredevil - Taunt over an opponents body to receive ammo (Required Rank: 5)
    • Team Safe - Explosives do not knock you down and teammates only receive 1/2 damage from your grenades
    • Overstock - Medal Kickback limit increased by 3
    • Power Hunter - See the location of Power Weapons within 10 meters (Required Rank: 7)
    • Kickback Endurance - Increase Medal Kickback times by 10%
    • Revenge - Drop live grenade upon death
    • Explosive, Buddy - Get a grenade for each of your buddies' explosive kills
    • Kill, Buddy - Receive ammo for each kill your buddy gains
    • For My Buddy - See the location of the opponent that killed your buddy until they die

Medal Kickback

• Militia Man - No reloading for 30 second. Costs 5 medals.
    • Disruption - Nearby enemies cannot see player arrows for 45 seconds. Costs 6 medals.
    • Smoke Bomb - Vanish in a puff of smoke. Costs 7 medals.
    • Cursed Idol - Trow an idol that releases a cloud of gas that curses anyone who enters it. Costs 7 medals.
    • Cash 'em In - Double your cash earnings for 30 seconds. Costs 7 medals.
    • Carpet Bomb - Throw 3 grenades at once. Costs 7 medals.

source: http://ca.kotaku.com/5792872/hands-on-with-unchart

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By ESREVER

So did he pretty much confirm split-screen functionality? I know some people that will be pleased with that.

Damnit, I was trying to go all media blackout on this game, but its so hard to resist any new info.
    X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By X19
    @ESREVER: Yes watch from 3.16 again. The benefit of having to put 3D in to the game meant split screen is now in the game. 

Better stay away from me then because I'm watching this game like a hawk and will spill any info I can find :D
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Pie

Jumping from truck to truck trying to reach a plane before it takes off in mutliplayer!?

Yes
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Pie

Gun customization looks pretty cool aswell.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Marz

i keep forgetting uncharted 3 is coming out this year :\   maybe because there's alot of high profile games coming out this year.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By X19

More stuff added

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By N7

If they can work out the lag, I'm on board.

Ah, who am I kidding, I was on board before they even announced this game.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Warfare
    @Pie said:

" Jumping from truck to truck trying to reach a plane before it takes off in mutliplayer!?

Yes
    "
    Got my attention .  
    X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By X19

More stuff.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By KaosAngel

Let's be serious here for a second, with BF3, MW3, and half a dozen more shooters coming out during this time season...is it worth putting so much work into the online?  Look at KZ3.  

I'd rather they make the story longer and better.  I'll give the online a try for a few days or even a couple weeks, but that's about it.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By X19
    @KaosAngel: Yeah I will be serious with you so lets start with if this was just a single player game. I would play it through three times, 1st to enjoy it, 2nd on crushing difficulty and 3rd to unlock/collect everything. After that I put the game in it's case and never play it again.

The multiplayer in UC2 has a lot of fans and when the game came out it had a lot to offer which was new and refreshing at the time. It is a laggy piece of shit now but a lot of players still play it everyday even after the 1.05 update which lowered the health and broke the spawns. Since it's release I have played MAG, KZ2, KZ3, COD, BFBC2, MOH and have always had the thought I could be playing UC2 right now. Spec Ops in MW2 was the last thing I enjoyed out of the games I just mentioned and UC3 looks like it has more of that co op multiplayer gameplay.

I'd rather they make the story longer and better.  I'll give the online a try for a few days or even a couple weeks, but that's about it.

I have got to the point now where I wouldn't even care if UC3 had a SP because I know I have loads of people on my friends list who will buy this day one and will be playing it for years. This statement is used by people who arn't attached to a certain multiplayer game and I know because I used to use it myself. How do you expect this industry to evolve if the only games that should have multiplayer have to say MW3 or BF3 on the box? People like what they know and that is why COD and BF3 always gets the numbers. I have had my fill of COD and BF and want something new and exciting which I know I wont get from those games because the fundamental formula is boring to me. I look forward to anything that tries something new whether it's successful or not as it keeps things interesting. Saying devs shouldn't even try adding multiplayer because it can't bring in COD numbers is pathetic. 

Look how stuck the GT formula got and Forza took full advantage of that fact and filled the gaps. If the Forza team had your mind set they would of never put a game out because the GT franchise existed and is guaranteed to sell well. Forza has a great fanbase now and there is room for both of these games to exist in the marketplace. I hope a lot more dev teams what ever genre they're making for will continue to bring something new to the table and wont be intimidated by the big dogs. Also I hope gamers like you wont be so closed minded in future and act like the numbers are the only important factor on rating how successful a game was or not. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.