Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 10, 2016

Naughty Dog charts treasure hunter Nathan Drake's final adventure in the fourth entry of this action-adventure, swash-buckling saga.

An Uncharted Conundrum

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spitznock

Hey folks. As someone who was primarily a 360 fellow last generation, I missed out on the Uncharted games. I purchased the Nathan Drake Collection on ps4, but neither the first nor the second game were able to hold my attention away from other things.

Much of the negative word about Uncharted 4 that I've been able to find (what little there is) seems to be that the shooting and climbing gameplay doesn't evolve all that much, and that, gameplay-wise specifically, it just feels like "another one of these".

My question to those who know more about the game or have potentially played it would be: Would it be preferable for someone in my position to play through all of the previous games and potentially be bored to death by the gameplay parts of Uncharted 4 later on down the road, or do you think it would be a safe bet to just pick this one up and have it be my "first" Uncharted game? Would the narrative permit such a move?

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Uncharted games have always been great by having standalone narratives with very little call back to previous games. You might miss a nod here and there, but as a whole the experience of playing 4 would mostly unaffected by not playing through the first three.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ivdamke

Uncharteds narrative has never been complex or overly connected between the games. It's a story about a dude who hunts treasure and has some moral conflicts about the things he does to hunt that treasure. That's pretty much all there is to any of the stories in any of the games, they aren't all that compelling or complex. You'll be fine to just playing UC4.

That being said, I have no idea why you're even considering UC4 if you're using descriptors like "bored to death" for the previous games. UC4 is more of that, why are you even considering it?

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baronsamedi: I said the previous games didn't grab me. Many games did spectacle between the release of Uncharted 2 and now, and I feel as though with those games in particular, seeing that spectacle long after its prime caused it to be lost on me.
    When I said "potentially bored to death", I was implying that I might get nothing out of the gameplay by the time I've played through everything and headed into the fourth game.

I apologize if I did not make sense, and thank you both for the replies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.