Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 10, 2016

Naughty Dog charts treasure hunter Nathan Drake's final adventure in the fourth entry of this action-adventure, swash-buckling saga.

Blurring The Line Between Script and Random Events

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So far I've been feeling really good about this E3: new hardware, new IPs, less business talk, IDGAF Cosplayer dude, and lots of games. One game really stuck out to me was Uncharted 4. Sure it looks like just another Uncharted game (a REALLY GOOD LOOKING one), but what stuck out to me was how seamless everything played out. Other than some really good camera work for this type of game, I couldn't really figure out if a lot of the major things happening were either scripted or random gameplay (the armored truck seemed to move around like it wasn't scripted). And when it got the the car chase scene, it seemed like there wasn't one exact path to take: the prime example starts at that roundabout, where you can see different roads to take, but the player kinda wanders around for a second, and you hear Sully suggest those stairs (which did not seem apparent to me at first). I think with this next installment, there are multiple paths to take from point A to B, or even multiple endpoints to reach, which sounds really cool. What did y'all think?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.