Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 10, 2016

Naughty Dog charts treasure hunter Nathan Drake's final adventure in the fourth entry of this action-adventure, swash-buckling saga.

Co-op/Horde Mode for multiplayer?

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Hi folks,

So I've been staying away from all things Uncharted 4 due to the fact that I was always going to get it no matter what. However I wanted to know if any co-op / horde mode is making an appearance in multiplayer. In past Uncharted games there's been an awesome horde mode styled co-op mode which I adored in Uncharted 2 but upon doing some research I can't seem to find out if Uncharted 4 will have such a mode. It appears there will be co-op but to what degree its hard to tell, have they confirmed if the co-op mode is returning for multiplayer?

I read up on Naughty Dog's Uncharted DLC philosophy and it sounds sort of awesome, I think providing all players with the maps and other downloadable content is a great way of keeping a community together, its worked wonders for Halo 5. Should be a blast seeing what ND do with multiplayer in the coming months, feels like it's been forever since I played Uncharted multiplayer, I even stayed away from the beta because I knew I wanted to play it upon release. Anyhow, would appreciate if anyone knows about the co-op modes.

Thanks.

Avatar image for joe_mccallister
    Joe_McCallister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

I don't have an answer but I do want to second the sentiment that I'd wholeheartedly welcome some co-op. I'm actually finding it tough to get through the game's campaign, just due to grown-up stuff getting in the way as well as getting completely sidetracked by Doom, Overwatch, and soon enough The Witcher: Wine and Blood. The multiplayer interests me, even though I haven't jumped in at all, I just think that my style would be much better suited in a co-op / horde mode. I like to take my multiplayer casually, work together, have a good time, and shoot the shit with whoever I'm partied with.

After coming from sole Xbox last gen, to now both Xbox and PS4, and lately mostly migrating to PC I'm still finding this game is incredible, looks great, has downright fantastic animation and acting, and is just damn good. I have the collection but part of me wants to savor UC at the best it looks and performs for now, going back when I get my adventure/Indiana Jones itch.

Not much value added, I know, but saw the topic didn't have a lot of love yet and wanted to bump it back up as well as see if it can be answered.

Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Blannir

Co-Op will be coming as a free update in the fall.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/05/02/uncharted-4-multiplayer-guide-2/

I imagine it will be much the same as what we've seen before but no details have come out that I'm aware of. Played alot of the horde mode in 3 so it would be a welcome addition.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@blannir: Thanks.

UC3 is probably the best horde mode game ever other than maybe Bulletstorm, UC4 does not play that well in the singleplayer but its possible they'll make it feel more Uncharted 2-ey as was the case in 3's co-op.

Somehow the regular multiplayer has me hooked, it might just be because of the daily quests which is sort of disturbing, but oh well; having fun and while MGO is undoubtedly superior there's only a few hundred people that play it at this point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.