Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 10, 2016

Naughty Dog charts treasure hunter Nathan Drake's final adventure in the fourth entry of this action-adventure, swash-buckling saga.

Delayed again - May 10th

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Naughty Dog has delayed Uncharted 4 once again to "allow extra manufacturing time." This wait is killing me, you guys. I pre ordered this yesterday in the excitement of realizing that it comes out next month. Not anymore. Oh well, at least we'll have Dark Souls III to hold us over. Plus it is somewhat nice to have a somewhat less packed release schedule in April.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/02/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-delayed-again

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

A Thursday? Well, that works due to Dark Souls, but looks like I'll have to blow through Uncharted that weekend.

Because May 13th is Doom and fuck everything else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
    deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I'd prefer this to come out sooner, so that I can wait less until the game drops significantly in price before I pick it up.

In any case, I'll wait until December - no way I'm paying $90 for it on day 1.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm fine with it. I don't really have any interest in other May games like Doom and Mirror's Edge.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheBlue

Eh, it sucks for people super psyched about it, but more time for Dark Souls 3 for me.

capshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I can't say this is that much of a surprise to me but, as someone who'd be really into a new Uncharted game, a few weeks is a bit of a bummer.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@haz said:

I'd prefer this to come out sooner, so that I can wait less until the game drops significantly in price before I pick it up.

Just Redbox it.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More glorious time for Dark Souls III. Too bad though.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@barrock said:
    @haz said:

Just Redbox it.

Just checked @haz's profile and it says he's in Toronto. We don't really have Redboxes up here.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Normally I'd be super skeptical about a manufacturing delay, especially with day-one patches making the disc less important than it used to be. But who knows. Maybe they're planning a big system bundle and need more discs for it?

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's fine. It'll give me more time to see everything in Quantum Break.

Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Blannir
    glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, sure. At least this gives the Ratchet & Clank reboot some more time to get it's potential audience.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

They need the extra time to search Ubisoft's vault for more concept art.

KittenTactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

But I want it yesterday :(

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While like many of you, I do appreciate the added time with Dark Souls that this affords, man, what a bummer.

I never had a PS3, and outside of playing Uncharted 2 on a buddy's console, I always wanted to experience this series. About a month ago, I got the Nathan Drake Collection, and fell in absolute love. Three platinums later, Uncharted 4 is right at the top of my list.

Just have to be a little bit more patient I guess, and start budgeting for three games in May instead of two in April.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@zefpunk: Get those Tomb Raider games. They are arguably better, if not equally as good as Uncharted. If you haven't tried them yet, they should be the perfect thing to tide you over until Uncharted 4 is released.

Avatar image for thelegendofmart
    TheLegendOfMart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a fan of both, they really aren't. Rise of the Tomb Raider was really disappointing.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By probablytuna

Good, more time for other games.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#20  Edited By Yummylee

April is pretty packed so I'm OK in allowing more breathing room for Quantum Break, Ratchet & Clank, Dark Souls III... man, what a month! Though it's not so much that Uncharted 4 is being delayed but that it's being delayed again for like the fourth time that is rather ridiculous.

I look forward to the future of diggin' into Uncharted 5: The Cutter Tales whilst still waiting on Uncharted 4 to finally be released.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@yummylee: Uncharted 5 is going to be about uncovering the secrets behind why Uncharted 4 was delayed so many times.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's still second fiddle to Mighty No. 9 in terms of delays.

Also, lets talk. thursday/friday is the best day to release video games. Europe knows whats up.

Tuesday is stupid. Nobody does anything on a tuesday, why do you think MMOs all do maintenance? it's statistically the least busy time in video gaming. You get your new game, and you only have a couple hours to play before its time to get ready for another workday.

Friday's best because most people finish work on friday, stop to get their game and have two days to play. Thursday's best (for me) because I work a compressed week and thats my last work day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.