Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 10, 2016

Naughty Dog charts treasure hunter Nathan Drake's final adventure in the fourth entry of this action-adventure, swash-buckling saga.

PC version is coming, what're your thoughts on this?

• 57 results
    gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello action & adventure fans

Recently, I heard that Uncharted 4's PC version is going to release in the near future, so I can exactly tell why PlayStation's 1st party studios wanted to do that? so they can earn more money before they can develop their future projects (No matter if it's existing or new IPs).

Uncharted 4 is coming to PC according to Sony report | PC Gamer

From my opinion and perspective, I can see PS4's 1st parties getting ported to PC is exactly like remasters, similar to that heaps of PS3's first parties (Including Uncharted 1, 2 & 3) got remastered and ported to PS4.

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
    lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I'm all for it.

That being said, it's weird that they're releasing Uncharted 4, the fourth Uncharted, on PC, and not 1, 2, and 3. I think it stands on its own, but there are lots of PC only people who may never have played an Uncharted game and could be a bit more lost.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 24

Uncharted 4 is my least favorite of the bunch. Drukmann's involvement just made the overly dramatic installment to a overly comedic series. It's way too long.

But if one is going to play only one Uncharted, A Thief's End is a fitting one for them.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@lapsariangiraff: Uncharted 1-3 look very dated at this point. If your goal is to attract people to the PlayStation platform they may see them as not very strong offerings. In addition, if people get invested in 4 they may want to play 1-3 and pick up a PS4 or PS5 to do so. I think this makes a lot of sense if you see one of the major goals as being advertising for the PlayStation platform.

I think that much of what Sony is doing with the PC right now is trying to get their IP out there to new audiences and draw people into the PlayStation ecosystem. I'm sure that they want to make profit off the individual games too, but their choices of what to publish and when seem tailor made to get people invested in their IP and then get them on to the PlayStation platform. Uncharted 4 still looks great and has a strong story (I wonder if the Multiplayer will go along with this port? Seems unlikely to find much of a base, but maybe since that kind of TPS multiplayer is underrepresented on PC). If it gets people hyped for the upcoming movie or interested in the series it serves its purpose.

Uncharted 1-3 might sell some copies, and maybe they'll do that at some point, but they'd serve less effectively as advertisement for the platform.

I do think Lost Legacy is likely to show up, though. That's on the same engine as 4, so presumably would be an easy piggyback port, and it's mostly a stand alone story. And it's really good!

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: The PC port sure should be a bundle of A Thief's End and Lost Legacy.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm all for it.

That being said, it's weird that they're releasing Uncharted 4, the fourth Uncharted, on PC, and not 1, 2, and 3. I think it stands on its own, but there are lots of PC only people who may never have played an Uncharted game and could be a bit more lost.

How about releasing just as "Uncharted A Thief's End", I beg no one would even notice the missing number.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infantpipoc: It would be a more compelling package for sure. And the games have the same multiplayer so that would integrate nicely.

The only issue I could see would be that PlayStation players might see it as unfair that the PC people get the cheaper package (albeit for a game that is pretty old and dirt cheap on PlayStation at this point) and might raise a fuss.

That and Sony might think it can make more money selling them separately.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Shooters and controllers don't mix well with me these days, so I'm for it.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to wonder how much of this also has to do with the Uncharted movie being in development. Trying to grow the audience and whatnot.

I wonder if this will result in a ps5 patch as well....

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

As a person who increasingly prefers playing on PC, I will absolutely repurchase Uncharted 4 if it comes here (assuming the port isn't garbage). I'd love a future where the only console I have to buy is whatever Nintendo is making, which I'm generally happy to do.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

I’d be pumped if I hadn’t already played it. I bet it’ll look great.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gtxforza

@nophilip said:

As a person who increasingly prefers playing on PC, I will absolutely repurchase Uncharted 4 if it comes here (assuming the port isn't garbage). I'd love a future where the only console I have to buy is whatever Nintendo is making, which I'm generally happy to do.

I hope it won't end up like the early days of the Horizon Zero Dawn PC version.

My guess what sort of PlayStation's 1st parties being ported to PC in the future, it's likely to happen by end of each console generation era so they would do it.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand why some gamers are not interested in console gaming while they would much more prefer PC gaming.

Here are the signs that I've known:

• PCs are highly customizable.
    • Some gamers are more comfortable with the keyboard and mouse.
    • Games can be modded (Depends).
    mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mellotronrules

i like a lot of sony's 1st party output- so if they're able to tap into new revenue to fund those ever-increasing money pits, i'm all for it. the more games that are available to more people across more platforms- it's only a good thing. especially so with these older titles that are no longer attracting new players to the platforms they were designed for.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza said:
    @facelessvixen said:

I understand why some gamers are not interested in console gaming while they would much more prefer PC gaming.

There is this other thing: a computer is essential while a console is not in my life. I just take gaming into consideration when choosing the rig.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By Humanity

It's a great game and it's cool that more people are going to get to experience it, although I do think a large part of the magic will be lost on folks jumping into this heartfelt conclusion of a long series of games when you're jumping in at the last one.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I found it to stand on its own very well. Better actually. Playing it after I binged through the PS3 trilogy made me like it a lot less with it being longer and more dramatic. The connection between Uncharted series installments is loose, some magic is bound to be lost but not much.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@infantpipoc: Thats interesting to hear. Hopefully a lot of PC only people will feel similarly. Uncharted 4 is just such a special case because it's not just another chapter in the story like the previous three games. The entire premise is that he got out and maybe is a little bored of his home life but then learns the value of what he didn't know that he already had. It really plays off your knowledge of these characters and their previous exploits.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza said:
    @facelessvixen said:

There is this other thing: a computer is essential while a console is not in my life. I just take gaming into consideration when choosing the rig.

Yep, for computers, people can either have a basic/low-end or either a gaming one as their choice.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: While 4 certainly plays off the story of PS3 trilogy, my feeling ultimately was just "Man, the previous games do not matter that much by the end, huh?" "Got out but pulled back in" bit in A Thief's End is more Commando than Godfather Part 3. We know next to nothing about John Matrix, but he was played by Arnold Schwazenegger so we want to watch him kick some ass, same with Nathan Drake. Nathan Drake felt sorry about his brother, but the whole thing was never mentioned in any previous game because Drukmann and team just made it up for this game specifically. Sam Drake just showed up and there is a complete reunion arc.

What I would say is, Drake's reintroduction does play off the previous game. Drake scrub diving to pull some salvage up like in the beginning of the first game, then turns out it's from lost cargo of a modern ship instead of ancient treasure. But what you don't know can't hurt you.

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The more the merrier.

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably the most overrated and disappointing game of the generation for me so don't really care. You can have as many mods as you want and 60fps. Can't change the horrible slow pacing of the game and dull gameplay. Might be worth checking out if you've never played it and want a decent story with amazing animations.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm all for being able to play games.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Sony's investor briefing says they want to go for less console focus, so more PC games, and more "service" focus for their first party games (ways to monetise their games on an ongoing basis).

Even if it's just older games for now, I'd be happy to rebuy them on PC.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gtxforza

I also reckon the Insomaniacs' Resistance series should get remastered and released onto PS5 and PC for newcomers or those who wanted to relieve their fun memories of this series.

swthompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's great that Sony's porting their back catalog and I love to see these games preserved on a platform like the PC, but I couldn't give less of a shit about Uncharted 4. It was gorgeous, but I enjoyed maybe 1 hour total of the entire playtime; the rest was not engaging or fun at all. If they're using these ports to bolster their brand awareness, I'm not sure U4 is the one to do it with.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haz_kaj said:

Probably the most overrated and disappointing game of the generation for me so don't really care. You can have as many mods as you want and 60fps. Can't change the horrible slow pacing of the game and dull gameplay. Might be worth checking out if you've never played it and want a decent story with amazing animations.

To me, Uncharted 4 is an okay game but I'm not a fan of treasure hunting stories in general.

djredbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By djredbat

Every PS game coming to PC brings us one step closer to Bloodborne on PC.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Oh neat. I'll end up buying this at some point for sure. I generally enjoy the story of these games and think they play well enough. Somehow i ended up playing through Drake's Fortune like 2-3 times trying to get all the medals and being awed by the visuals of my PS3 and didn't feel the same love for Uncharted 2. I'm strange.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to get 1-3 on there, maybe an updated gameplay version of 1. 4 was okay but I am definitely in the rare camp that did not enjoy the storytelling in that game and felt like it dragged on as opposed to all the other ones.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Oh whoa, what the fuck?

BLOODBORNE WHJEN TJWEJAEGSDJS

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I feel weird saying that Uncharted 4 is, by a very wide margin, favorite of the series. I thought all three of the previous games had little going for them beyond looking pretty and having bombastic cutscenes, while 4 just had so much more character and much better gameplay.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smells like a fresh Epic Store Exclusive

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu: Nah, Horizon Zero Dawn and Day's Gone are on both Steam and Epic(and Horizon is on GOG too but not Day's Gone for some reason). If the ultimate goal for Sony porting to PC is to try and lure in more people to the PS4/PS5 to play the rest of the series, they wouldn't really benefit by taking the Epic deal.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@justin258: Agreed. The first three games have their charms, but 1&2 have two of the WORST final levels in all of video games and 3 requires several absurd leaps in logic to make sense of, somewhat squandering an all-time villain performance in Marlowe.

Whereas 4 has amazing set pieces, great graphics, better stealth, great humor AND great drama, and that dumb whip makes some of the combat arenas a total blast and really livens up the portion of the series that was always least good.

Sure, it drags a little to the point you feel beaten over the head by its message, but at least it looks and plays great in the process and doesn’t have any stupid supernatural monsters coming in at the eleventh hour to mess everything up.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By cornbredx

It's cool. I'd probably buy it if it released on Steam or GOG.

It's too bad they cannot release the first 3, but those released on PS3 and so that's not possible without considerable funding since it would require a lot of work to get it to work on a PC architecture because PS3 notoriously had a difficult cell processor to work with which is not the same. They'd probably have to redo most of the core code which would probably require them to just rebuild the game almost entirely. Remasters and ports don't get that kind of funding unless they're gonna see significant returns. It's possible that they'll wait and see how 4 does first and if it does well they'll fund rebuilding the first 3, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Sony is weird anyway.

It's weird ya'll are arguing about them not releasing the first 3 because "they're too old". That's not really the point. They wouldn't be porting the fourth game because it's newer. They ported all the Spyro games to PC with some remastered stuff. It happens these days. It's just about getting the funding. They wont need that much funding to port the 4th game because it was built for PS4 which has a PC architecture. It's really that simple. The other three would require quite a bit more work and that means more funding would be needed to do it.
    (Edit: Oh ya, they did rework the code already. Disregard. I totally forgot they did it. My bad.)

sravankb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By sravankb

I'm good. I've already seen this movie on the PS4.

MrPlatitude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played and enjoyed 4 but I can't see myself wanting to play through it again. Definitely too long.

Now if they remaster Lost Legacy, I might play through that again.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@cornbredx: They already did that work with Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, done by Bluepoint Games in a similar fashion as Shadow of the Colossus or Demon's Souls. The first and third games were modeled after the second so that the gameplay felt more homogenous in a single package, and the entire bone structure of the games were overhauled to future proof them for later generations.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#40  Edited By cornbredx

@nodima: Interesting. I have that and totally forgot about it. So, that is true. I am wrong about that.

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: it's just played out. Uncharted 1 was goofy fun B movie level game that was funny and cool. Uncharted 2 was a straight up blockbuster and a fantastic game for its time. Nothing like it from a cinematic standpoint

Unfortunately for me. It was downhill from there. The series became monotonous and 3 was just derivative and shallow. Nice airplane scene that was about it.

4 was just arduous. It looked incredible and had some of the best cutscnees in gaming. But everything I had a controller in my hand and had to play it it was just dull and too long. Every sequence was the same and the puzzles were the weakest of the series. Also the shooting was terrible. I had new found respect for gears of war thst year(I think gears and uc4 came out same year) because of how bad uncharted 4 was to play.

But hey. Some people love them(I love 2 by the way) just not a series for me anymore. Unless if evolves gameplay wise.

I've said this before but if you strip away

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played and enjoyed 4 but I can't see myself wanting to play through it again. Definitely too long.

Now if they remaster Lost Legacy, I might play through that again.

And how about Golden Abyss? I've known a lot of gamers don't have a PS Vita so they missed out on this.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By gtxforza

My prediction on selected PS5's first parties going to be ported to PC would be by the end of 9th gen console era.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

I am all for PC ports of previous console exclusives. Let the most people possible have the option to be sold and to play a game.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all for it. put more games on more platforms.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ry_ry: @extintor:

We'll find out when the time flies and please be patient guys.

Cure_Optimism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyped for more Sony games coming to PC. It would be sweet if the earlier games are ported over too. I hope at some point Sony does what Microsoft is doing and just makes the games available on PC day one. Really wish Ghost of Tsushima was on PC.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cure_optimism: For Ghost of Tsushima, definitely will look great on PS5 (If it gets a proper patch) and PC plus there is no doubt that the game's performance and visual will be better than the PS4 version.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu said:

Smells like a fresh Epic Store Exclusive

I'm okay with Epic Games Store.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By xanadu

@gtxforza: That's neat. I think it's okay too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.