Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 19, 2007

Become Nathan Drake, a treasure hunter and descendant of famed explorer Sir Francis Drake as he searches for the lost treasure of El Dorado.

Experience With Uncharted

kakanoucia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Edited By kakanoucia

Hey guys, so i've finally gotten a chance to play and beat Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.  I got it for $30 greatest hits edition, and I couldn't find it in any near rental stores.  I was actually sick for the past 2 days so it was actually a pretty weird experience, i was tired but I couldn't stop playing the game.   
    So yeah, the game was, at least I think, an awesome experience.  I don't know why I didn't get to play this game earlier but it was just crazy.  I actually enjoyed the traversal moments in the game quite a lot, and the gunplay wasn't too bad, it needed some improvements sure (throwing a grenade was horrible) but I thought it was good, it worked well.  
    Also, the graphics, for a game thats 2 years old, I was still blown away by how good the game looked.  It was just beautiful to look at.  Lush environments, good looking character models.  The characters weren't totally realistic but they had this sense of cartoony feel to them which I thought was cool.  I thought the voice acting was great in this game.  Each character sounded like a believable person, and it just made the experience more enjoyable to me. 
    Finally, I am ready for Uncharted 2 now.  I know they probably don't have any connections to the main story, but I wanted to get to know the characters from the first game otherwise I know I would feel that something is missing.  So for anyone that hasn't played the first Uncharted, don't miss out it is one of the best games on the ps3 hands down, and Uncharted 2 looks to be a whole lot better.
    kakanoucia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kakanoucia

Hey guys, so i've finally gotten a chance to play and beat Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.  I got it for $30 greatest hits edition, and I couldn't find it in any near rental stores.  I was actually sick for the past 2 days so it was actually a pretty weird experience, i was tired but I couldn't stop playing the game.   
    So yeah, the game was, at least I think, an awesome experience.  I don't know why I didn't get to play this game earlier but it was just crazy.  I actually enjoyed the traversal moments in the game quite a lot, and the gunplay wasn't too bad, it needed some improvements sure (throwing a grenade was horrible) but I thought it was good, it worked well.  
    Also, the graphics, for a game thats 2 years old, I was still blown away by how good the game looked.  It was just beautiful to look at.  Lush environments, good looking character models.  The characters weren't totally realistic but they had this sense of cartoony feel to them which I thought was cool.  I thought the voice acting was great in this game.  Each character sounded like a believable person, and it just made the experience more enjoyable to me. 
    Finally, I am ready for Uncharted 2 now.  I know they probably don't have any connections to the main story, but I wanted to get to know the characters from the first game otherwise I know I would feel that something is missing.  So for anyone that hasn't played the first Uncharted, don't miss out it is one of the best games on the ps3 hands down, and Uncharted 2 looks to be a whole lot better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.