Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 19, 2007

Become Nathan Drake, a treasure hunter and descendant of famed explorer Sir Francis Drake as he searches for the lost treasure of El Dorado.

My PS3 adventure: Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

Edited By nukesniper

So, having bought a PS3 earlier this week, I am starting to play the lineup of Sony exclusives that have eluded me as an Xbox and Wii owner. I bought a handful of games (more than I should) so I am trying to play them one at a time, rather than start playing Resistance 1 & 2, Uncharted, and Killzone 2 all at the same time. Resistance was first. That game was not so good. It obviously didn't age well. I found my patience wearing thin while I played it, suffering through each level sometimes. Suffering is a strong word, but on some occasions, that is what it felt like. 

I just put in Uncharted: Drakes Fortune a little while ago and I totally love it so far. The Trophy support is a nice plus, but this game has STORY. Resistance was a simple, linear, shoot-everything-that-shoots-you game, and I became tired of it fast. I almost snapped and bought Uncharted 2 only based on what the GB guys were saying about it, but I was afraid I wouldn't want to play this one. So far, Uncharted is pretty darn awesome and puts Resistance to shame in every way possible. I'm sincerely excited to play more of this game, and I am now afraid I will buy Uncharted 2 for my own personal thirst for this quality story and character setup. It is just odd, comparing Uncharted to Resistance. I wish Sergeant Hale said more than 3 words in Resistance, but that is Resistance taking from Halo. Hats off to Uncharted for making me super excited to boot up my PS3, when Resistance failed to do so.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By nukesniper

So, having bought a PS3 earlier this week, I am starting to play the lineup of Sony exclusives that have eluded me as an Xbox and Wii owner. I bought a handful of games (more than I should) so I am trying to play them one at a time, rather than start playing Resistance 1 & 2, Uncharted, and Killzone 2 all at the same time. Resistance was first. That game was not so good. It obviously didn't age well. I found my patience wearing thin while I played it, suffering through each level sometimes. Suffering is a strong word, but on some occasions, that is what it felt like. 

I just put in Uncharted: Drakes Fortune a little while ago and I totally love it so far. The Trophy support is a nice plus, but this game has STORY. Resistance was a simple, linear, shoot-everything-that-shoots-you game, and I became tired of it fast. I almost snapped and bought Uncharted 2 only based on what the GB guys were saying about it, but I was afraid I wouldn't want to play this one. So far, Uncharted is pretty darn awesome and puts Resistance to shame in every way possible. I'm sincerely excited to play more of this game, and I am now afraid I will buy Uncharted 2 for my own personal thirst for this quality story and character setup. It is just odd, comparing Uncharted to Resistance. I wish Sergeant Hale said more than 3 words in Resistance, but that is Resistance taking from Halo. Hats off to Uncharted for making me super excited to boot up my PS3, when Resistance failed to do so.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By EVO

Three FPS and a TPS. They're all great games, but I woulda mixed it up a bit. Maybe buy LittleBigPlanet next?

As for Resistance, I really enjoyed it. For a while I was hooked on multiplayer, especially since online gaming was relatively new to me at the time, but looking back on it I can see why it might've aged badly. Sadly the sequels multiplayer didn't live up to it, but the campaign and co-op are awesome.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nukesniper
    @EVO: I went for Sony Exclusives. LBP is way up there on my list, but at 60 bucks yet I am waiting for a sale. 

Resistance had some appeal back in the day, and for an early PS3 game I can easily see why it would be awesome. I just found it to fit a bit to closely to the Halo model of a game. Female thinker type talking more than the male silent type you control. Stuff like that. The game seems perfectly decent, but Uncharted had me smiling before I even started to control Drake. It surprised me in the best way. 

I just got Lair and MGS4 as well. I paid 4 bucks for them together (after returning Resistance and finding old store credit I had.) Looking forward to trying those eventually.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By rjayb89

If you're all for renting games, I'd say rent Heavenly Sword.  If you do really like it and don't mind how short it is, why not buy it.  Unless you're not into hack 'n slash games, I'd have to recommend a few PSN games such as Shatter, Fat Princess, and maybe flower.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By mordukai
    @nukesniper: Try inFAMOUS. and the Ratchet & Clank games are also fun to play. 
    nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nukesniper

Thanks for all the tips. I'm planning to get to a lot of these over time. 

PSN games I already got: LocoRoco Coccorecho, Critter Crunch, Noby Noby Boy, and Trash Panic. I really like that Sony isn't afraid to price games at weird amounts (6 or 7 dollars). 

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By sfighter21

If you are enjoying Uncharted, trust me, you will LOVE Uncharted 2.  It makes everything about uncharted better (length, more intuitive controls, better looking).  It is truly amazing.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By EVO
    @nukesniper said:
    " LBP is way up there on my list, but at 60 bucks yet I am waiting for a sale. "
    Personally, I would've gladly paid double or even triple that had I known how many hours I'd get out of it. You can probably find a non-GOTY copy going cheap somewhere.

And since you're buying PSN games, no PS3 is complete without Shatter. Best PSN game IMO and one of my favourite games last year. Other than that you should add Everyday Shooter, Super Stardust HD, Wipeout HD + Fury and the PuixeJunk series to your collection.
    nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nukesniper

Haha, I should make a "Games I have" and a "Games the GB community says I must get" for the PS3 on the site here. I'll just keep this blog around and I'll find this stuff. I really appreciate the recommendations. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.