Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 19, 2007

Become Nathan Drake, a treasure hunter and descendant of famed explorer Sir Francis Drake as he searches for the lost treasure of El Dorado.

Should I Just Throw This On Easy?

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By bacongames

First and foremost, I'm set in my ways to play through this game because I suffer from Vinny syndrome and I genuinely think I will enjoy it. However, I'm not ignorant of its bullet-sponge reputation so I'm wondering if I should just throw it on easy to avoid some of the downsides. Has anyone else done the same?

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By mikey87144

I beat it on the hardest difficulty setting so take what I say with that in mind. Bump that game down to easy and enjoy yourself.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Winternet

It plays just fine on normal, so I'd say to go with that.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Jeust
    @Winternet said:

It plays just fine on normal, so I'd say to go with that.

ditto! Don't be a sissy. 
    ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ghost_cat

The game is already super easy, and the flow is pretty swift. It's up to you, but there is nothing to worry about.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By MildMolasses

What are your goals when playing a game? If you're only interested in story and the design, by all means drop it to easy. I'm pretty sure that's what I did. But if you actually care about being challenged in some way (not to say that normal is difficult, but, like you said, it does have the bullet-sponge reputation) then play it on normal.

I honestly don't think the game is that great, so I'm glad I took the path of least resistance on it. But I think its worth going through just to enjoy the art design

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By chilibean_3

If you just want to get through it? Sure, no reason not too. That's probably what I would do in your situation.

But what do I know, I even bumped the difficulty down in the third one towards the end because the combat stopped being fun to me and I just wanted to get the game over with.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By GunstarRed

Other than a couple of late game gunfights it's pretty easy even on normal.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vikingdeath1

Unless you'e trying to just Rush through it i'd suggest normal. I don't remember it being that difficult of a game.

theodacourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By theodacourt

I'm not bad at shooters. I've beaten almost all cods on veteran. MW3 took me about 7 hours. Uncharted is a great game but on normal I died more than I wanted to. You will enjoy it more on easy. The game is hard in the way that the AI flank you real easy all the time in some areas. You're as much a bullet sponge as them but you'll die before you reach some other cover because they outnumber you vastly. It was plain frustrating. It felt like there was nothing I could do at times. You're too fragile to move much because of being outnumbered and then you can't stay still because of the AI. I would suggest starting on easy.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jack268

Yeah the combat sucks so do your best to make those segments as short as possible.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By djou

The first is definitely the most difficult of the series, but if you played the other two and don't mind some frustrating spots where the AI takes cheap shots then go for it. The enemies are bullet sponges, but I played the other two games on Crushing and you really need to go for headshots with this game. I played UC1 on normal but I definitely favor fast and fun over challenge.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By colourful_hippie

Yes, the enemies are annoying bullet sponges. I rather enjoy a game than have a shit time with it.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By Justin258
    @theodacourt
    I'm not bad at shooters. I've beaten almost all cods on veteran. MW3 took me about 7 hours. Uncharted is a great game but on normal I died more than I wanted to. You will enjoy it more on easy. The game is hard in the way that the AI flank you real easy all the time in some areas. You're as much a bullet sponge as them but you'll die before you reach some other cover because they outnumber you vastly. It was plain frustrating. It felt like there was nothing I could do at times. You're too fragile to move much because of being outnumbered and then you can't stay still because of the AI. I would suggest starting on easy.
    This.
    Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ducksworth

Played through it on normal and never really noticed anything too bullet spongey, there are certainly sections that come off as cheap (that stupid water room can go to hell) but it's nothing that can't be overcome.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By bacongames

Alright, I'll start on normal and work my way down as soon as I feel frustrated, thanks! I suppose if I want to enjoy what it has to offer and see for myself what made this an odd duck/inferior product compared to the others, I guess I need to play it on normal starting off.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.