Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 19, 2007

Become Nathan Drake, a treasure hunter and descendant of famed explorer Sir Francis Drake as he searches for the lost treasure of El Dorado.

Tips for Crushing

Lozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Lozz

I know a lot of people get stuck on this so I thought I should make a thread. I'd say try to get as many Trophies as you can before hand so you can access the weapon select at any time. Also use super slow motion from time to time, helps especially on the laser target guys or shotgun dudes that storm you.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By AaronBelfast

You can't weapon select during Crushing, it's disabled.

Tips: Equip the shotgun and shoot from the hip. Let the enemies come to you.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Lemegeton

DO NOT USE the cover system. The game is a million times easier without it. the trick is to use the environment for cover but dont actually use the system i.e. dont press circle to press up against it. Instead just sit behind a wall or whatever and let them come to you and if they are not then aim your gun and slowly strafe to the right or left and you can get a clear shot on most enemies without them being able to shoot you. The enemy AI seems focused on the assumption that you use the cover system so playing it this way gives you an advantage. once you condition yourself into this style of play crushing mode  is a piece of cake

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Demilich

So I just started my Hard run before Crushing, do I still get the trophy on hard/crushing if I use the rewards?

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    Rewards are disabled in crushing mode.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By get2sammyb
    AaronBelfast said:
    "You can't weapon select during Crushing, it's disabled.

Tips: Equip the shotgun and shoot from the hip. Let the enemies come to you."
    Yes that's the best way to play. The enemies are usually super aggressive so will run to you allowing you to quickly shoot them with shotgun. They should die instantly. Don't waste ammo shooting the shotgun at enemies far away. Use the pistol, aim for head. And take it slow. Head shot, cover, head shot, cover, head shot. It takes a lot longer but patience is the key.
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By zitosilva

For me the most important thing was to learn where the aim would be once I was out of cover. If you know that you can take out an enemy without wasting time to aim, and thus, without being shot.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By AndrewGaspar

ALL HELPFUL REWARDS ARE DISABLED!

As somebody said above, don't always rely on the cover system. There are a few places where you're better off not using it.

You need to get really good at getting head shots. That's key. Also, use your automatic weapons effectively by aiming at about their chest and allowing the kick back to make a line up to his head. Also, only use the shotgun when the enemies are close enough to fire from the hip. Finally, the sniper is your friend! Use it whenever you get the opportunity.

Make sure to join the Platinum Club! (look through the Uncharted forums)

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Demilich

I got to the very end of hard mode before I had to return it. Wasn't difficult, but of course it wasn't crushing either. I'll rent it again some other time, that way I have a full week to beat it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.