Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 19, 2007

Become Nathan Drake, a treasure hunter and descendant of famed explorer Sir Francis Drake as he searches for the lost treasure of El Dorado.

Uncharted movie director keeps saying things...crazy things

• 57 results
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By mordukai
    @Rayfield: I don't why I hear William Shatner's voice when I read your thread title. 
    Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
    NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

Oh man this is just so sad. It's like watching 2 trains going head on, on a collision course in slow mo and there's nothing you can do to stop them.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By Brendan
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " Nathan Fillion doesn't give off a Drake vibe either... "
    This is what I keep saying, but everyone else seems hell bent on the idea.  Is Fillion even in any great shape to play such an action-oriented role?  Am I in bizarro world or something?
    Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By Getz
    @benjaebe said:
    " Didn't Joystiq have an interview a month or two ago which basically refuted this anyway?
    I guess they did.

Just what was that puzzling David O'Russell quote, referencing a "family dynamic" in the Uncharted movie, all about, I asked Uncharted 3 game director Justin Richmond at a recent press event. He laughed. "First of all, all that stuff was denied by David O. Russell," Richmond said. "He actually called us up and was like, 'I don't know what these guys are talking about.'" And Mark Wahlberg isn't anywhere near to being confirmed to play Nathan Drake either -- it's just Hollywood scuttlebutt, apparently. Still, I dutifully told Richmond that the Joystiq Biomass had chosen, and Nathan Fillion has our vote. Message received, Richmond responded.

I don't know, there seems to be far too much heresay and assumptions going on as far as this movie is concerned. "
    Nah, nah man you can't refute AN INTERVIEW where the director is directly quoted as saying all this weird shit. Maybe two months ago it looked like BS but it's all coming straight from his mouth this time. What fucking crime family is being referenced? What the fuck?
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By NinjaHunter
    @Rayfield said:
    " @easthill said:
    "
    UNCHARTED THE GAME: An American(?) treasure hunter traveling the world looking for Shangrila because he's badass. 
    "
    I'm probably going to regret saying this but I don't see Drake as a 'badass'. Thane from Mass Effect 2 is badass. Agent 47 is badass. Sten from Dragon Age is badass.  Drake just strikes me as really likeable dude who falls ass-backward into trouble all the time. It's just how I see it. "
    This. 

Drake is not a badass and that's what sets him apart from a lot other video game characters. He makes a lot of mistakes and when he gets hurt he doesn't just walk it off, he screams and yells "God damn it that hurt!". He's a treasure hunter because that's what he knows and enjoys the thrill of it, not because he's all "Fuck you, evil museum guy!" He's in it for himself first. Then through the events and the journey he realizes "Aw crap, I got to save the world now."
    GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By GoofyGoober

Family dynamic?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Mordukai said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " if we all ignore the movie from THIS MOMENT and act like it doesnt exist (or wont exist), its gonna be so much better for us  but no.. we love the gossip.  "
    Ignore which movie exactly??? "
    thats the spirit 

also, creepy avatar is creepy. i now know what the insides of a nose feel like in my face

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.