Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 17, 2011

Nathan Drake pursues the legend of the Seven Cities of Gold in this PlayStation Vita exclusive prequel to Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

I haven't played Uncharted, can i start with this one?

KimParnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By KimParnage

I've never played uncharted before, but i just got a vita.. Now this game is on Playstation Plus, and i wanna try it.. Does it make any sense without having played the other games? I don't own a PS3 so playing the other games is not an option..

What do you say? Yay or Nay?

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The story is stand-alone, so you won't miss out on anything. However, the game itself is mediocre. It's the straight-to-DVD edition of the franchise. You can play it; just don't let it color your perception of the entire franchise. Uncharted 2 and 3 are still fantastic games; nothing like Golden Abyss or even the first game.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@therandomko: Yes, the game actually takes place before any of the PS3 games, so there's no backstory you're missing. All of the Uncharted games a pretty stand alone though.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

If you want to play an Uncharted game then make it the second one. The first one is outdated and the third one feels like a disjointed mess instead of a proper whole.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see that you don't own a PS3. If it's on PS Plus and not-really-free, then I guess go ahead and play it.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By ESREVER

I believe Golden Abyss is a prequel to the ps3 series. Not entirely sure if it takes place before or after the first game. Its pretty much standalone. The only reoccurring characters are Drake and Sully.

Its free though, so go ahead and play it. Whats to lose? Its a pretty good uncharted game in my opinion. I'd go as far to say its a better Uncharted game than Uncharted 3.

KimParnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for for feedback guys.. since its free i'll give it a few hours and see if its worth it.. I'll probably play the other games if i get a PS3, but for now ill check it out.. :)

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#7  Edited By bobafettjm

I do highly recommend that if you do get a PS3 to play all three of the Uncharted games in order, even the first one. People say that it is outdated, but I just played through it about a week ago and it is still great.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I've only played a few hours of Golden Abyss, it's been fine so far, I think the touch controls work well for the climbing, the shooting parts weren't very interesting. It's not as good as Uncharted 2, but not many games are.

If you haven't played Gravity Rush yet, play that because it was amazing and it makes full use of the Vita in ways that aren't terribly gimmicky.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't, its an inferior experience to the PS3 trilogy. Its like watching like watching Indiana Jones and the Crystal Craphead before seeing the originals. The game is a water downed retread of game mechanics done better in any of the console games. The best part of the Uncharted series is the wow-factor of being on an awesome interactive roller coaster. Golden Abyss just doesn't have that quality.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.