Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jan 28, 2022

A remastered compilation of Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy for PlayStation 5 and PC.

PC version has been confirmed to launch by October 19th, 2022

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GTxForza

Dear action & adventure fans

Here is one of the articles that I found and posted about two days before I created this thread as I haven't seen anybody share about this in the Giant Bomb forums.

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection PC release date confirmed for October | GamesRadar+

So I would like to hear your thoughts on this remastered game which consists of Uncharted 4 A Thief's End and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

My personal thoughts:

• The game is really fun & enjoyable for third-person action-adventure standards.
    • Great for those who love treasure hunting stories.
    • The keyboard & mouse optimization is going to be awesome.
    • Nolan North, Troy Baker and many others did pretty well when it comes to their character motion capture & voice acting.
    • This is also going to be great for those who haven't played them before or wanted to relive their fun memories of playing it.
    daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

I still would like the original trilogy on the PC, but I am aware that those games were made for the PS3 which was a nightmare platform to develop for, so the chances of actually getting them (to run natively) are pretty slim.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Having been a 360 to PC only gamer post PS2, I am looking forward to checking this out since I liked the modern Tomb Raider games so much, but yeah It would be nice to get 1-3. The big thing though is that's kind of a bad release date, for myself at least, October has RE8 DLC, Scorn, Plague Tale: Requiem, and Gotham Knights, all of which i'm way more interested in checking out sooner than that release.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@daiphyer: if it helps your hopes at all, the remastered trilogy was done by Bluepoint and was pretty substantially rewritten while porting over to PS4. It’s been a while since I’ve read anybody talk about this but I’m pretty sure it’s not as impossible a task as you might think.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@nodima said:

@daiphyer: if it helps your hopes at all, the remastered trilogy was done by Bluepoint and was pretty substantially rewritten while porting over to PS4. It’s been a while since I’ve read anybody talk about this but I’m pretty sure it’s not as impossible a task as you might think.

And on top of that, The Last of Us Part 1 is also coming to PC, which would either be a remaster of a PS4 remaster of a PS3 game, or a port of a PS5 remaster of a PS4 remaster of a PS3 game depending on the order of operations. That, and I know that I'm talking about Square rather than a Sony first party, but if Kingdom Hearts 1 can release on PS2, have its source code lost, but still get to PS3, PS4, PS5 via backwards compatibility, and PC, then I have reason to believe that the first three Uncharted games coming to PC (either via Steam or Sony's eventual launcher) is certainly within in the realm of possibility if not a full-on eventuality.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GTxForza
    @daiphyer said:

I still would like the original trilogy on the PC, but I am aware that those games were made for the PS3 which was a nightmare platform to develop for, so the chances of actually getting them (to run natively) are pretty slim.

Exactly! this is why the first three games needed to get ported to PC so the players can experience and get to know the story of this franchise and that's totally true that the PS3 is so hard to optimize games.

Yet, the first three games were being ported & remastered for the PS4 and ran pretty well.

DISCOVERIOUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We see more and more PS exclusivity at the time (God of War, Spiderman) getting their own version on PC.
    I found it particulary interesting!

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll check it out price depending, i played the 2nd and 3rd games but came away disappointed mostly because of input lag but also because while i really enjoy the dialogue in Naughty Dog games the overarching stories and secondary characters kind of annoy me.

GTxForza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GTxForza

@discoverious said:

We see more and more PS exclusivity at the time (God of War, Spiderman) getting their own version on PC.

I found it particulary interesting!

That's one of the ways for the PlayStation's 1st party studios to earn more money before they can start on their future respective projects.

@cikame said:

I'll check it out price depending, i played the 2nd and 3rd games but came away disappointed mostly because of input lag but also because while i really enjoy the dialogue in Naughty Dog games the overarching stories and secondary characters kind of annoy me.

I understood, please take your time before you may want to buy this for your PC, I also do agree with you that there are some characters that I personally don't like in the franchise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.