Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 22, 2017

A stand-alone story featuring Chloe Frazer and Nadine Ross.

Uncharted : The Lost Legacy

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OurSin_360
    Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't help but feel meh about this. I'm sure it will be a good game and all, but I don't need more Uncharted right now, and Chloe is probably my least favorite character.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OurSin_360

@luchalma said:

I can't help but feel meh about this. I'm sure it will be a good game and all, but I don't need more Uncharted right now, and Chloe is probably my least favorite character.

I'm a huge Claudia Black fan so....I always hated how she disappeared in the middle of uncharted 2

Also thanks to whoever moved this, i searched and there was no forum for this game at the time(or at least it didn't show up)

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Luchalma

Claudia Black is cool with me. I was excited to hear her voice in the game. Bummed that I didn't like her character at all >___<

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By odinsmana

I now regret not buying the season pass back when i originally bought the game. I assumed it would be cheaper to just buy the Single player DLC on it`s own since I wasn`t interested int he multiplayer stuff, but it seems that was a mistake.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I am not sure how into it I will be but I do applaud Naughty Dog for making substantial add ons for their games. I always prefer that.

They added a survival mode to the game too. It's pretty similar to what I remember them having in the past. The last parts of it with a boss are terrible bullet sponges though that make it hard for me to really recommend all the way through. It can be fun at parts. Kind of reminds me of how I feel about ME Andromeda's Multiplayer, although that has more going on and is more engaging because of that.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I'm perfectly okay putting down money for this. Uncharted 4 is probably my favorite game in the franchise. Specifically because it didn't go all supernatural and it was grounded in this since of finality for Drake.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odinsmana: well you get the jak and daxter game as well if you buy the full version as the dlc people don't, so that adds some value.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could be down for this, Not a huge fan of Chloe but I'm down with the idea of getting some more Nadine story.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odinsmana: well you get the jak and daxter game as well if you buy the full version as the dlc people don't, so that adds some value.

It definitely does and it`s really cool of them to add to the value that way. I already own Jak on both PS2 and PS3 though and while I love the game I don`t think I will be replaying for a while. I might end up pre ordering though since I will probably end up getting this anyway.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Really excited for it. Chloe was also one of my favourite characters.

Though, and I understand all the characters look different from their PS3 renditions, but Chloe looks really different. Went from looking Southeast Asian to looking more Middle-Eastern/Indian. It's fine, like I said most of the characters look different from last-gen, Sully most noticeably, but yeah. It's one of those things I can't help but recognize and occasionally be thrown off by. Desmond Miles is the worst at looking consistent, for the record.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in. I'd buy a Taco Truck simulator game if it were made by Naughty Dog.

ND always has my money.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By lego_my_eggo

I now regret not buying the season pass back when i originally bought the game. I assumed it would be cheaper to just buy the Single player DLC on it`s own since I wasn`t interested int he multiplayer stuff, but it seems that was a mistake.

They did make an announcement some time ago basically saying "hey buy this pass now, because we accidentally made this story DLC bigger then we thought and are raising the price". But if you have Amazon Prime or Best Buy GCU you probably end up with the better deal depending on your perspective, since you get J&D and a decent theme for a few bucks over what the season pass did cost.

toopopplio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't like this thing. I mean, Uncharted 4 was touted as the last Uncharted, which it basically is, but then this little side story thing gets to be the closing act of the entire series? Weird and unfortunate, and a bad example of games needing to have DLC.

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

I really, really don't care about either Chloe or Nadine. It was surprising to me when I found out people actually loved those characters. That said, I'm sure this thing will be fine for those people, it's just... what about these characters is interesting? Give me the Young Sully Chronicles and we can talk.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ozzdog12

I really don't like this thing. I mean, Uncharted 4 was touted as the last Uncharted, which it basically is, but then this little side story thing gets to be the closing act of the entire series? Weird and unfortunate, and a bad example of games needing to have DLC.

Well...4 was supposed to be the last Naughty Dog Uncharted, not necessarily the last one in general. No way Sony lets it end (Yes I know this is ND)

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#17  Edited By Colonel_Pockets

Do we know who's working on this? Like is Neil Druckmann working on The Last of Us Part II? The quality of the writing in Uncharted 4 is unparalleled in games. I am absolutely excited for this. I buy whatever Nuaghty Dog puts out.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, if it gets like tremendous reviews maybe; I was down for a $20 expansion but I'll pass on this until there's a sale.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FrostyRyan

my girl chloe is in it and therefore I'm in

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colonel_pockets: personally i hope he isnt working on it, would hate more hour long sequences of push x to look at thing and hear character talk. I think the pacing in 4 was bad, which made the character moments not as good imo.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NTM

Going to start with being somewhat off topic. Four brings a good end to the Uncharted, Nathan Drake story, and though mechanically it is the best I think (hiding in the grass, the rope, etc.) I for some reason don't really love it. I had a much fonder time playing through the previous ones. Two's actually my least favorite, but still, I played two a lot. Maybe because it's longer (four is almost twice as long as any of the individual games of the first three), but I still haven't managed to find the motivation to play through four a second time. I finished the part where they're at the table of pirates on the hardest, and that was about it. I just don't enjoy it enough. Though I still like Uncharted, something that makes it hard to go back is due to one of Naughty Dog's other titles, which is The Last of Us.

I'd much rather play The Last of Us again and again than play Uncharted 4. Uncharted one and three are some of my favorite games of last-gen, and so it came to my surprise that The Last of Us outdid it in many important ways. Eh, anyways I'll get this expansion. Usually when developers say something takes a certain amount of time to complete, you can dock a few hours off of that, but still, if they're saying it's perhaps ten or more hours, I'm led to believe that's definitely more than your average expansion and more like a full on game. If this lasts ten hours, that'll be longer than any of the games in the first trilogy, which only take eight hours in my experience. That is quite a lot of money for an expansion, but if you look at it from the perspective of a number of hours perhaps spent in it, then maybe it's justified. It's not supposed to be as short as Left Behind.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@oursin_360: I understand that. Uncharted 4 made me realize how much I loved these characters. I loved it, but I could totally see why it wouldn't work for some people.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeremyf: I think that's partially why it's being made actually. Some people (the developers as well?) felt that Chloe and especially Nadine didn't have a lot of screen time and development compared to other characters, so this is what will flesh them out.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NTM

@ozzdog12: Was it the last Naughty Dog Uncharted, or last Nathan Drake led Uncharted game? I remember them saying they're done with Nathan Drake, but not necessarily Uncharted.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never had any special love for Chloe and Nadine was an okay character but nothing more, so I'm not especially excited for this because of the two, but I still liked Uncharted 4 a bunch so I can imagine myself enjoying this as well. I suppose it also helps that I'm getting this for free, so I don't have the 40€ pricetag to worry about.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FrodoBaggins

I expect this be be A* quality.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@jeremyf said:

I really, really don't care about either Chloe or Nadine. It was surprising to me when I found out people actually loved those characters. That said, I'm sure this thing will be fine for those people, it's just... what about these characters is interesting? Give me the Young Sully Chronicles and we can talk.

This is kind of how I feel about every Uncharted character but Sully so I have no answers. The games do things well with story but I never thought characters was one.

JimmySmiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure they said they were going to put out an expansion.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By BoOzak

Is there any actual gameplay of this? I mean aside from that 15-20 minute sequence where they're walking around not really doing much and then 'Surprise! More Uncharted!' reveal.

EDIT: It was more like 8 minutes, felt longer at the time.

I like these games but I feel like ever since the third game the pacing has been off. I'm sure this plays like the other ones but it would be nice if there were a few new mechanics.

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

You know, I'm actually down for a bite-sized side-story in the Unchartedverse.

Avatar image for achillesforever
    achillesforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With this story being Chloe involved that means the actual best character of the Uncharted series will hopefully be in it to. I am of course talking about Cutter.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I wound up liking Uncharted 4 way more than I thought I would. It came with my PS4 and I never would have played it if it hadn't. I also remember liking Chloe in Uncharted 2, though that was a long time ago. So sure, I'll give this a shot at some point.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By shiftygism
    @theht said:
    I understand all the characters look different from their PS3 renditions, but Chloe looks really different. Went from looking Southeast Asian to looking more Middle-Eastern/Indian.

Lost Legacy's version of Chloe kinda resembles a younger Claudia Black, so I'm gonna assume that was their intention with this redesign.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was surprised to see a listing for this expansion on Amazon today, and equally surprised to see the price: CAD$49.99. Ouch. Probably means it'll be $39 in the US, which seems... really high for a 10-hour Uncharted side story.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By odinsmana

@whitegreyblack said:

I was surprised to see a listing for this expansion on Amazon today, and equally surprised to see the price: CAD$49.99. Ouch. Probably means it'll be $39 in the US, which seems... really high for a 10-hour Uncharted side story.

I don`t know. On Howlongtobeat Uncharted 4 is listed as 15 hours long (the other games in the series are about 10 hours each), so if Lost Legacy has the same production quality as the main game I think $39 seems like a reasonable price (two thirds the content for two thirds the price).

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By whitegreyblack

@odinsmana: If you break it down to a hard n fast time:cost ratio it might seem a-ok to you. That's fair. To me, it's a bit overpriced.

edit: Honestly, I kinda expected to see an Uncharted: Ultimate Edition come out for CAD$79/USD$69 with Uncharted 4 & the Expansion; actually, I do expect that at some point in the future since it's probably a bit early for that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.