Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted

Franchise »

Uncharted is a series of action-adventure games, combining third-person shooting with three-dimensional platforming. It follows the journeys of treasure hunter Nathan Drake.

Alright chums, les' do this: Favourite Uncharted Campaign, GO!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Yummylee

It's been well over a week since Uncharted 3 has been graced upon us, and I feel it's now a pretty fitting time to see what most people in heya consider to be their favourite Uncharted single player campaign. Now naturally this is primarily a duel between Among Thieves and Drake's Deception, but I put in Drake's Fortune in there, too, because.... those people are out there! Plus it's only fair. Btw I'm not lambasting against Drake's Fortune, it's still a pretty stellar game, but it really can't even begin to compare with where the series lead to 2 years later, in my honest to goodness opinionion.

My own vote swiftly resides behind Uncharted 2: Among Thieves; alongside the fact that Uncharted 3 is still mostly derivative of a lot of Uncharted 2's own set-pieces (and none of them couldn't compare to the Train segment, either), Uncharted 3's single player wasn't nearly as fun to play--and during the final few segments simply wasn't fun at all. Uncharted 2, on the other hand, still stands as a blessed, butt-fucked by Heaven triumph for this current (and seemingly never ending) generation of gaming. I don't need to stress why; it's been discussed countless times now as to why it stands firmly on many peoples lists as one of their all-time favourite games.

The reasoning for my dislike of Drake's Deception single-player, however, can be further expanded and explained here... FUCK YOU, IT'S A FREE FORUM.

Also why the hell can we still not create polls on specific threads without going through all those beleaguering loop holes?

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Chop

Two

Three felt like a step backwards and sideways, rather than forwards. For some reason, the annoying long ass "arena" type combat returned in three. I thought they learned from one that having combat scenarios where guys spawn on your back is bad, but nope...apparently not. Add that in with the less than good aiming and you have a lesser game.

Yamibito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Yamibito

I thought three had some amazing scenarios and I really liked the return of the well designed "arenas", it was slower paced and seemed like a more personal story but stakes didn't seem as high as in the second game which will probably always be my favourite unless they do something dramatic to the (inevitable) fourth entry. The first game still has a lot of charm but I think it's easily the weakest gameplay wise which is why it's probably my least favourite.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aus_azn

Two was a step forward.

Three was a leap backward.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Strife777

Overall, Uncharted 2, but in parts, Uncharted 3. But I feel like I might be deceived by the game's looks. I really love the desert scene and the set pieces. But I also really liked the first game.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Afroman269

2. Hands down, it's 2.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NTM

I haven't played three yet unfortunately, but if we're referring to a gameplay standpoint, I think Drake's Fortune was a lot funner than two, but if we're talking about a more impressive game all around, I guess two. I'll have to wait and see when I play three though.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By AlexW00d

I have only played 2. I watched 1, but 2 seemed a lot more realised. Not played 3. I'll probably 'til it's a fiver like I did 2.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Marz

Even though i liked 3 alot, 2 still has a better flow to the story....  so 2

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Yummylee

Ha, wow... not a single vote thus far for Drake's Deception? This current revelation is... surprising, to say the least. I'm well aware of the widespread disdain for differences Uncharted 3 exhibits over Among Thieves, though I've still noticed a few people confess it to being their favourite. Of all things I never expected Drake's Fortune to get some early votes in before Deception.

Yamibito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Yamibito

@Abyssfull said:

Ha, wow... not a single vote thus far for Drake's Deception? This current revelation is... surprising, to say the least. I'm well aware of the widespread disdain for differences Uncharted 3 exhibits over Among Thieves, though I've still noticed a few people confess it to being their favourite. Of all things I never expected Drake's Fortune to get some early votes in before Deception.

I think it's the charm of the game in all honesty, it has quite a lot of it that the others can't quite replicate.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By MEATBALL

I thought 3's setpieces were better, but 2's combat was typically better. Three closed out a lot stronger, but Among Thieves ended on a more satisfying note. Basically, I can't really decide. DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Jeust
    @Abyssfull said:

I prefer Uncharted 1. It is smaller in scale, and less varied, but I feel it has the most charming plot. The characters introduce themselves smoothly, and the story progresses naturally till the ending.  

That said I believe the gameplay is best in Uncharted 2, and the locales are better in Uncharted 3, with the gorgeous palace, the ship scrapyard, the desert village, among others. 

But nothing beats the likability of the first one's plot, and the fulfilling conclusion. 
    Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Phatmac

Didn't hate the third game as much as other people, but the second game has an awesome campaign that is hard to beat.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hbkdx12

Uncharted 1 is very concise and focused and does a great job with it's campaign

Uncharted 2 has a far larger scope which sets itself up for a huge fail it it doesn't deliver and "work", but it does and rather magnificently at that

Uncharted 3 just tries too fuckin hard. The campaign both in it's story and gameplay elements is completely disjointed. Overall it doesn't feel like a cohesive experience. Not to mention that the "lesson" that drake learns comes off as disingenious and hamfisted. 

Uncharted 2 takes it by a country mile

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.