Hey gals and guys,
I thought that with the NA release of Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late coming out in less than 2 weeks, I'd listen to some Pink Floyd!
Okay, that and try and gauge what we've got here in terms of a potential GB UNIEL community. Obviously people have been able to import this game on PSN for some time, but for myself and for many other people, the U.S. release is when we'll finally be getting our hands on the game.
For those unfamiliar, what is UNIEL, in a nutshell? I'm going to quote SRK user FatalSeabass here:
"I think UNIEL is an amazing game. As that one guy said, it's practically anime Super Turbo. The game emphasizes properly using the neutral game and footsies in order to gain leverage against your opponent. I think that is why so many SF players gravitate towards it. It's the perfect union between two fantastic series i.e Melty Blood and Street Fighter. The game saw a lot of entrants at previous tournaments because of it's nature and that's without localization. I'm sure it will do well when it comes out this month.... The game just has a ton of fun characters, so here is to hoping to a great lifespan in the FGC for UNIEL."
This game did surprisingly well in the NA FGC last year, considering it was a practically indie import anime fighting game. Though not so surprisingly for some of us, as years back the fighting game I really cut my teeth on before SF4 was Melty Blood, from the same developers (French Bread). The game didn't make Evo this year (which is to be expected considering it's new, it's niche, and it was vying with GG, BB, and P4AU). But this game has a lot of potential and there are a lot of people interested that will check it out on Feb. 24th when it is released stateside.
I thought a way to try and keep this game going after the initial rush, and a way to play with cool GB duders would be to organise our GB UNIEL community, share PSN handles, thoughts on the game, see who's going to what tournaments to meet up, and drum up more support for this game. I'm going to Winter Brawl 9 next weekend in Philly, hopefully will have a chance to play people in this game there, but won't have a chance to play the game before then.
I'll try to edit the end of this post with PSN tags if I can (at least if people actually post interest and PSN names!), but if I fall behind check later posts in this thread!
- UNIEL wikia (good place to find combos!)
- UNIEL at Mizuumi (also the home of classic indie PC fighting games!)
- Dustloop forums (home to airdasher FG communities, and UNIEL by extension)
- Melty Bread (kinda dead but still has some good info, it's the Melty Blood community)
- Official Systems & Character guides (good place to start for video information)
- UltraChen's youtube channel (search the channel, a lot of great tutorials from 2014)
- UltraChen's twitch channel (2 classic FG commentators that want this game to grow)
- SRK (mainly centers on Capcom fighters but is a good source of news)
- Jyosua's stream (streams the new monthly Aksys tournament that will center on UNIEL and maybe GG)
- Belegorm (also my Steam ID, easiest way to get a hold of me for UNIEL or other FG's)
A number of the GB anime fighter guys hang out in #GB_P4A on quakenet IRC, chat there to try and find some games!