Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

United Front Games

Company »

A Vancouver-based development studio comprised of former Black Box, Rockstar Vancouver, Radical Entertainment and Volition employees.

United Front Games Closed

• 53 results
    bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sad to hear Sleeping Dogs was a pretty good game, why do so many developers have to chase the MMO/MOBA dream.

It's a hit driven business. And if you hit once with an online game you can ride it for a decade. World of Warcraft and DOTA and the like have been churning out profit for many many years. Even the best single player game can't really compete with an online hit.

That being said, Triad Wars was ill-conceived and I never could imagine the audience for it.

This is just too bad. A really talented team of developers disbanded and a great IP that will probably die after one game.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepanzini said:

Sad to hear Sleeping Dogs was a pretty good game, why do so many developers have to chase the MMO/MOBA dream.

It's a hit driven business. And if you hit once with an online game you can ride it for a decade. World of Warcraft and DOTA and the like have been churning out profit for many many years. Even the best single player game can't really compete with an online hit.

That being said, Triad Wars was ill-conceived and I never could imagine the audience for it.

This is just too bad. A really talented team of developers disbanded and a great IP that will probably die after one game.

Who knows, maybe it will pop back up again somewhere else. It did start off as a True Crime game after all.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: Sleeping Dogs wasn't exactly a hit it just seems crazy to me to fund an MMO (which is never cheap) in the same universe, who's was ever going to care?

@jonny_anonymous: I can't see Sleeping Dogs 2 happening any time soon if ever, but Smash+Grab is practically already made it would be an easy ROI depending on who owns the IP.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.