Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Unreal Tournament 3

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Dec 10, 2007

The third main installment of the fast-paced arena-based first-person shooter brings its futuristic world to the Unreal Engine 3 game engine while adding a grimy aesthetic and a new story-based single-player campaign (involving a crew of mercenaries set out to avenge their fallen colony against the Necris).

First post on this forum! This game rocks.

wildnine00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By wildnine00

Just a simple UT fanboy that followed these guys from Gamespot. UTIII rocks. Discuss.

Caje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Caje

UT 3 was ok. I didn't really care for the multiplayer and haven't been bothered to finish the single player.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Game sux in my opinion the ps3 360 and pc versions are all bad compared to unreal and the original unreal tournament i hate how they tried to add an actual story to a multiplayer game.

lux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lux

Just picked up the Xbox 360 version, currently hooked.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By kush

I am curious at how big of a community the game may find on the 360. I played it on the PS3 and didn't like it, but I also think the DS3 is a horrible controller for shooters. Also the game just didn't feel "right" to me. I think I'd probably just prefer to keep playing UT2004, but maybe the 360 version feels better...this I do not know.

zeox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By zeox

I love this game but I seem to be nearly the only one. Browsing the server-list on the PC version is pretty sad.
    Breaks my heart :(

Also WilliamRLBaker: You do realize that you don't have to play the Single-player, right? I don't really understand why you're so upset about such a tiny tiny thing.

spragels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By spragels

Im not feeling it.

wildnine00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wildnine00

It's just you and me zeox.

mattside734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mattside734

I like it but its not neraly as cool as it was in 2004. Im a fan of UT3 but its probably the last of its kind, the next UT game will probably have to be a lot differnt

Synchronatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Synchronatic

Wow there's a lot of haters out there. I'm with wildnine00 and zeox. UT3 owns! I hated UT2004's cartoony art style, and I like that Unreal Tournament III returns to the gritty setting of the original. Even if it is a bit desaturated. I'll admit the lack of assault mode sucks and warfare turned out to be little more than a glorified Onslaught, but despite all that UT3 just feels more refined than the previous titles. This is one of the best titles of 2007 and it is a shame that it has been so overlooked. Despite it's current lack of popularity, I believe it will pick up once the modding community gets into full swing.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By RVonE

I don't like how they took most of the color out in III. I mean, it looks radically different from the original and 2004. I also like 2004's gameplay a lot more. Still, it is a very solid title, IMO.

ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By ShadowVirus

I haven't got the game yet. I'm a huge UT fan though, my cousin is offering to sell the game to me for £20. Is it worth it?

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DualReaver

I hate UT3, UT2k4 was way better.

G3rt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By G3rt
    Kush said:
    "I am curious at how big of a community the game may find on the 360. I played it on the PS3 and didn't like it, but I also think the DS3 is a horrible controller for shooters. Also the game just didn't feel "right" to me. I think I'd probably just prefer to keep playing UT2004, but maybe the 360 version feels better...this I do not know.
    "
    You can always find out with a rental!
    InnerBlueAbyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By InnerBlueAbyss

For us old PC peeps, its an excellent game, for most of the console only types, its way to difficult for them to handle.

Lev_Arris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lev_Arris

Will you still be fine fraging the hell out of players with a controller rather than a mouse and keyboard like on the PS3?

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17  Edited By Termite

I loved the demo and played the hell out of that, but after so many people said there wasn't a community forming in the full version I just decided against getting it

Avatar image for deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c
    deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah its really good but i play on 360 and imo it could have used better controls and less strafe glitches.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By BlackWaterCO

Sad to see the UT series fadding away

UT3 has only a few thousand people online across all platforms

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DarkLegend

This game was okay.

Mardarkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mardarkin

Unreal Tournament 3 was basically good.  But "good" is probably the only accolade it will achieve in its lifetime, and no amount of community packs and added content will fix it, due to the severity of its bad start.  On PC, anyway.  There might be hope for it on the X360, but the game belongs with the mouse & keyboard.

As a twitch shooter, it still blows most FPSs out of the water.  As far as Unreal iterations go it is seriously well balanced, tweaked to near perfection for the face-melting fast-paced feeling that the franchise is famous for.  The integrated wall-dodges catered to the UT2004 crowd, as did the Warfare mode.  For sheer frantic DM/CTF fun, this game will probably long be my favourite.  But unfortunately, so many classic modes of old were dropped; heroic characters of old were dropped, and apart from a boatload of vehicles very little was done that was new.  It was just all the old Unreal Tournaments, minus a load of the good stuff, plus a little better presentation and nice quirks.  And for that, it has failed.  And I couldn't be sadder, actually.

Synchronatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Synchronatic
    InnerBlueAbyss said:
    "For us old PC peeps, its an excellent game, for most of the console only types, its way to difficult for them to handle.
    "
    w00t! PC all the way budday! I cannot agree with you more.

Mardarkin said:
    "apart from a boatload of vehicles very little was done that was new."
    I'm afraid I have to agree with you there, and it breaks my heart. It's what I call Third-In-A-Series syndrome (name needs some work eh?), the developers play it safe and don't really add anything new that has the chance of alienating gamers, only to, most of the time, alienate them by doing that.
    wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By wrecks

i dig it! Dont get the hate. Love me some hoverboard action, love me some darkwalker action, love me some instagib, love me some warfare, love me some monsterkill by goo. Its ut, only more awesome. oh well.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By s10129107

This game is awesome.  I don't understand how you can play it on a console tho, seems like too much.  The community is starting to develop stuff now, there are a lot of maps out there.  There are only a handful of populated servers at any given time, but its ok, cuz i generally find the game i want at a low ping.  Whats missing is all the bells and whistles the game is used to getting.  All the little things like being able to call up yer kills and deaths, let alone yer stats with each weapon.  Sniper is fun, instagib is fun and the weapons seem more balanced than before.  The bio rifle has some attitude now but the link gun has kinda farted out in deathmatch.  The game rox.  It's hard to find those crazy modded out servers tho.  More people have to get this game.  It's genuinely good.  It's better to play it on low graphics on the PC than on ps3 or 360 imo, tho i have it turned all the way up on my rig and it works fine.  More people have to get this game.  Did i mention more people have to get this game.
    more people have to get this game.
    more people have to get this game.
    it rox
    the community playing it is also very civil.  no stupid bickering or trash talking in my experience.  i've only met nice people.  refreshing compared to games like halo.  All the whiny little kids are off playing something else.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By BiggerBomb

Welcome to GiantBomb!

I did not like UTIII.

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MisterSpiffy
    zeox said:
    "I love this game but I seem to be nearly the only one. Browsing the server-list on the PC version is pretty sad.
    Breaks my heart :(

Also WilliamRLBaker: You do realize that you don't have to play the Single-player, right? I don't really understand why you're so upset about such a tiny tiny thing.
    "
    I love it too.  Maybe sometime you and I should get together if you know what I mean. ;)
    Soliduma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Soliduma

The game is pretty awesome. It gets its point across at being a an Unreal Tournament sequel and its pretty solid, although the vehicles in some maps feel kinda overpowered , maybe. The Goliath in the middle of "Idon'tknowthenameofCTFmap" is pretty weird sinceit shoots you and can't really move. So it's just there to be a pain in the ass when going towards the flag and returning to base.

Either way, love the game, the weapons, the vehicles, the maps, the game modes.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Nude_Dude

Wow, first post on this forum! You sir are awarded the seal of Who Cares!

Also, I smell a first-post urge topic stench, which means you thought this board would soon flood with topics?....welcome to Giant Bomb. This is not Gamespot.

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Dude

Just recently picked this up for my PC and I am really enjoying it. I played the older ones but had forgot what the game was all about and it was really a nice change of pace from all the other online shooters out there right now. Nothing beats blowing someone up with a big green guu ball or incinerating them with the link rifle!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.