Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 22, 1998

    A first-person shooter where the player is stranded on the alien world Na Pali, ruled by the oppressive Skaarj, and must find a way off the planet.

    Short summary describing this game.

    User Reviews
    Add new review
    5 (2)
    4 (0)
    3 (0)
    2 (1)
    1 (0)
    4.0 stars

    Average score of 3 user reviews

    If you have time and patience, and like shooters, try this out. 2

    1998 was a great year for video games. Revolutionary games like Half-life, The legend of zelda: OOC, Rainbow six, Metal gear solid, and Banjo-Kazooie were released. So its no surprise that many great games were overlooked. But one of the most overlooked was Unreal. Back in the day, its graphics were great. It was the Crysis of 1998. Many people had to get good rigs to play it, which might be why it was overlooked. But there was more to this game. The story is told similarly to half-life, where t...

    0 out of 1 found this review helpful.

    The most refreshing game I ever played 0

    Graphics In 1998 the graphics were truly great, the places were original and some Aztec inspired levels were very pleasant to watch, the different effects, the game is still nice today even if the graphics are very old. I loved the world of Na Pali with its alien creatures, the landscapes, the animals, it's something that no FPS have today. This game while it's close to a classic quake like, it has a particular charm. Gameplay The gameplay was truly great while it's not a great revolution, the w...

    0 out of 0 found this review helpful.

    A Somewhat Overwrought Shooter 0

    I played this for the first time about 10 years ago and absolutely hated it. Recently I decided to give it another shot. It's not as bad as I remembered it being, but considering I remembered it being worse than gout that's not saying much. Back then I mostly suffered because I refused to read the notes on the universal translator, which give hints on how to solve the "puzzles" roughly 3% of the time. The other 97% of the time they just say, "I saw a monster, it was really tough so I hid. I hope...

    1 out of 1 found this review helpful.

    This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

    Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

    Comment and Save

    Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.