Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Until Dawn

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 25, 2015

In this PlayStation 4 horror game, eight teenagers are being hunted while they stay at a mountain retreat.

So... Have I had this game spoiled for me?

fossas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Hey gang

First of all, I apologize for the kind of crappy nature of this post/question, but it's something that's kind of been on my mind for a while.

I've been eyeing this game for a hot minute and really do want to play it, but I'm not really sure if I've had a major part of the game/story spoiled...

Basically, I know that there are these crazy monster things that are (probably?) the things going around offing the crew. So, (without spoiling anything else, sorry ): ) have I essentially had the major twist in this game spoiled?

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By MezZa

@fossas: I wouldn't worry about that plot point too much. That is more intended to switch the overall theme of the horror cliches that they're referencing than it is intended to be an actual surprise. It's just a twist for them to keep things fresh halfway through the game. It's not going to ruin the game for you. In general it's pretty obvious anyway unless you'd somehow think that something has predator-styled vision while not being supernatural in some way. There's more mystery going on than just a monster on the mountain, but I won't say any more than that. Plus, the main enjoyment in the game comes from not knowing about the death scenes. The surprise of what they are, how they happen, and how to stop them is the real fun.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Disclaimer: I haven't played the game, but I've watched the GBeast playthrough. Yes there are monsters, and yes you have spoiled a 'major' twist. BUT, don't worry, the monster-related stuff is not important in the scheme of things; the game is primarily centered around character interactions and decisions.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes, but it's fairly obvious and I'd say there is a bigger reveal.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NTM

It's a twist, but not the biggest twist, nor is it one of those 'Ohhh. Really? Wow!' twists. I didn't love the game, and found it all pretty predictable, but I still think it was well done. The best time I've had was playing the game for a couple of hours after I beat it once, and just not pressing most of the button prompts that come up. The game becomes a comedy. Furthermore, don't expect to play a scary horror, because it's not really one. It is similar to Scream and what have you, where it takes tropes, and tries to do something interesting with it.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's enough in the game that you'll still have a good time

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The game expects you to think that there is something supernatural going on from the start. Knowing that for certain sort of spoils things, but not the extent that you would expect.

TViddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah. That part is kinda obvious to the player and is about halfway through. The game is still pretty good and lends itself to multiple play throughs.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, you're fine. That is a twist, but it isn't plot-breaking knowing it or anything. Mostly, the surprises come from how your choices affect everyone's survival rate.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I watched the GB playthough and the major plot points are pretty lame I think and predictable but the game does enough other cool things to be worth seeing through. For me it doesn't get a pass on those and other issues but it's still a cool game for sure.

fossas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By fossas

Thanks so much for the advice, everyone!

Chances are I'll pick it up here soon now that I know that it has more to offer than jus that one reveal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.