Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Until Dawn

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 25, 2015

In this PlayStation 4 horror game, eight teenagers are being hunted while they stay at a mountain retreat.

So I finally got to play this...

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Sony shoved this in an enclosed booth with Bloodborne & The Order at this years EGX, and I've gotta say... I'm officially on board the hype train for this game.

It was basically a mix of your typical David Cage style of gameplay with some teen slasher archetypes mixed with a bit of Saw. Real long, solid demo with some good jump scares and a unique use of the DualShock's motion controls. The facial expressions were up there with the best, and the voice acting seemed pretty good.

Anyone else get a chance to play this? Or have any specific questions?

Here's a play through of the demo with the developers...

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Intriguing. What are the enemies like. Monsters? Jerk humans?

If they're creatures, what sort of design? Humanoid, animalistic, etc. I honestly can't recall much about the look of the game from the trailer.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By awesomeusername

Good to hear people are enjoying this game at EGX. I loved Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls so I'm pretty excited for this game, especially since it's going to be a campy horror game. (I know it's not a Quantic Dream game) I love those kinds of movies, even when they suck so I can't wait. Plus, the game uses the Killzone Shadow Fall engine so you know its going to look so damn good. The faces looked great in Shadow Fall and from what I've seen, they look fantastic here.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By EthanielRain

Been hearing that this is so bad/cheesy that it's amazing.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

In what ways is it similar to David Cage games? Because good lord those games are terrible. Mainly with the story though.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Man, this game comes out Tuesday? On one hand, I loved Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls, warts and all. On the other hand, horror anything tends to fuck me up psychologically for at least a few weeks. Really don't know if I should get this or not. Feels like no one is talking about it (and they're not since this is the most recent thread that I'm bumping from 10 months ago).

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think think the game play is like a quantic dream game. I've tried to avoid most of the media for this game, go in unspoiled, feels it kinda has a cabin in the woods / teen horror vibe.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think this game looks rad, but I hope it's not too scary (due to me being a 'fraidy pants). I'm going to hold off for a while before I get it but I think it looks like a great game to play with a couple of people in the room to experience it with me.

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video is apparently taken down :/

Anyway from what I've seen from the game it looks fairly ambitious and I love the idea of a slasher-inspired game... I would've just wished they went with the look of the more serious, legitemetly frightening slasherfilms of the 70's like Halloween, Bay of Blood and Black Christmas, instead of the shitty, cheesy, slick looking modern slasherfilms.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@civid: Jep, from the footage I've seen it even outcheeses those cheesy movies. Too much cheese for me. I don't even like cheese. :(

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I like the blending of adventure and horror. Not something I will pick up full price on release day, but definitely something I want to check out later down the road.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm curious about the Peter Stormare segments because I really liked Silent Hill Shattered Memories so I'm assuming it's like that. I hope this game is good and not in the 'so bad it's good' way like some of the movies they are inspired by.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like a fun redbox rental. Following week is MGSV so...

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I refuse to get excited about this game until reviews hit. I've wanted a game like this since Indigo Prophecy, but (like Indigo Prophecy) it seems far more likely that this will be terrible than good.

I liked the particular brand of awfulness that Indigo Prophecy brought to the table, but I'd really hate for this game to go that route.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.