Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Until Dawn

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 25, 2015

In this PlayStation 4 horror game, eight teenagers are being hunted while they stay at a mountain retreat.

Worth buying?

fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I just got a PS4 and I'm considering picking this up because I enjoyed the GBeast playthrough of it but because of that I'm not 100% sure.

Is it worth buying this even though I watched that whole playthrough? I know there are some major differences between playthroughs but I don't know if those will be worth playing it on my own.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The major story beats don't play out THAT differently, though who survives can change. Buy it if you live with somebody you could play it with, and they could experience it for the first time?

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really enjoyed it and I look forward to playing it again but if you've already seen it once maybe try another game instead like SOMA?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

There aren't any major differences really between playthroughs. If you've seen one playthrough then you've seen like 95% of what the game has to offer. Two characters (and you'll quickly work out which two) can't die until the very end, and most of the other characters cease to matter should they survive the story moment (as in not involving a QTE) where they may die.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I've watched three full playthroughs now (Mary Kish, GBeast, and Dave Lang) and I'll say that the primary draw of the second/third viewings was watching how different people reacted to the story. If you're just buying it for yourself and you've already seen it, I'm not sure it's worth it.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Yeah, if you watched and entire play through you have seen 75% of the game. You can do it far more efficiently and find more clues than GB East, but really so much of it is either covered or irrelevant to the outcome.

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

The game has been going for $16-$20 this week. At that cost, it's almost the same as going to a movie. In maybe about 6 months, you might be in the mood to experience it again. I mean you can play through the entire thing in about six hours. So the question is do you like what was in that game to experience it again after some time off from it?

I've watched 3 different LPs of it, and enjoyed all of them. I have no intent on playing the game again in the next few months, but I could definitely see playing through it sometime next year as even outside of the game mechanics, it's a really fun slasher story.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to buck the majority of the comments here and say that for the right price (and anything under $20 is what I'd consider DEFINITELY the right price), playing Until Dawn is a ton of fun and the decision making is fun to do solo and even more fun in a group setting.

fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cav829: Someplace is selling it for $20?

xSeanZx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cav829: Someplace is selling it for $20?

Best Buy had it for 20 bucks on back friday. With my gamers club unlocked I payed 15.99 for it.

Already beat it once, but at 16 bucks the game was a no brainer. Such a good game imo.

fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xseanzx: Damn, I missed out on that one.

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

@fresh2deafbill: Yeah, I grabbed it at BB for $16 last week. Amazon had it on a lightning deal for $17 earlier today. You could check and see if they're going to repeat it at some point as they often do that.

BilliusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The major story beats don't play out THAT differently, though who survives can change. Buy it if you live with somebody you could play it with, and they could experience it for the first time?

I'm late to the party, but I want to throw in more support for what @bisonhero said. I played this about a year ago, enjoyed it, then put it aside and mostly forgot about it. Fast forward to now: I'm playing Until Dawn with my fiance, who ordinarily does not care for video games at all, and we are having a blast. I'm controlling while she makes all of the decisions and I'm having even more fun than I did on my original play-through. If you, or anyone else reading this thread wondering about what the OP asked, have someone else to play with, definitely check it out.

Darth-Malum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played this game and had a blast! Just get it and go along for the ride, it's full of jump scares and the twist will leave you going wtf just happened, it's a great game, highly underrated!

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hassun

Until Dawn is one of the few essential PS4 games in my opinion.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed playing through it myself, given that I had already seen both GBeast and Mary Kish play through it. I finally bought it just to support an amazing game, but figured it wouldn't hold my attention the third time through. Totally did, and I'll probably revisit it at least once a year.

Do wish I had gone in blind, though... the "stay still" segments, for example, were a bit too easy when I knew they were coming, and a couple of characters who rightfully should have died ended up surviving because I knew what would happen later.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always be buying Until Dawn.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.