Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Valheim

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Feb 02, 2021

A brutal exploration and survival game for 1-10 players, set in a procedurally-generated purgatory inspired by viking culture.

Corpse run #2 turns into corpse run #3, turns into my worst nightmare

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By development

Alright, early-to-mid-game spoilers below. I'd prefer to not be spoiled beyond what I type here as well.

No one told me this game would have my worst fear in it.

So I sidle up to the shore in my cool new Karve boat because I see a Troll on the shore and I want its skin. Well guess who walked his ass neck-deep into the ocean and killed me. So I spend 30 minutes gearing up and then trekked back on foot and decided to cut through a patch of Mountain biome. Saw a little wolfpack that seemed like easy new materials. Turns out they hit harder than trolls. Died again. Finally, I run buck-naked back to the wolf corpse and grab my stuff, sprint to safety, and then finish the original trek over to where the Troll smashed me. Turns out my ship is still alive! That's great. I swim over, grab my original corpse's stuff from the safety of the ship, and then sail away safely.

That brings me to where I am now. I took a slightly more direct trip back home through the ocean. I am currently in the middle of the ocean, I think. I'm not 100% on that because I heard a loud scream and then immediately quit to desktop when I saw what was chasing me. Also I'm playing solo so I don't have any hope of killing this thing with my Crude Bow +3.

So, anyway, this game is neat. It takes a WHILE to open up. After you kill the first boss thing you got a little bit longer before some cool toys become available. The best description I can give is it's Rust/Runescape/WoW classic/A PS1 game/Minecraft all rolled together. Also damn it's been almost 7 years since my last blog.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.