Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Valkyria Chronicles 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 21, 2018

The fourth entry in the Valkyria Chronicles series that tells the coming-of-age story of the young Squad E during their battles in the snowy north of Europa.

VC4 Demo available now

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

On PS4 and XBOX, it looks like (maybe Switch?). I haven't played a VC game since the first one (kind of skipped out on it when it went to PSP), but I kinda feel like I might be interested in a new one, assuming it's good? I skipped through some videos of the Japanese demo and it sure looks like there's a ton of talking compared to actually playing the game, but then I guess it is Japanese. Maybe I'll try it when I get home. Anyone give it a whirl yet?

matiaz_tapia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By matiaz_tapia

Holy shit! thanks for the heads up. Yeah the PSP ones are skippable.

Honestly they had some cool ideas for classes and stuff...But the anime highschoolness of the second one was difficult to deal with.

Edit: Played the whole demo, it was pretty long!

But so far it seems like the closest VC to the first. Even then the missions where pretty creative. I'm liking the new class too.

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
    Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I've played the first two maps of the demo and am having a great time. Played the Japanese demo on the PS4 earlier this year so it is great to finally understand what is being said. This time around I'm playing the demo on the Switch and so far it seems like a pretty good port. Obviously not as nice looking as the PS4 version but a good option if you prefer portable play.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have learned about the demo only recently when i found one player in my friend list is trying it.

I liked the direction they toke with the story as operation northern cross holds a lot of promises and i'm interested to see how they'll deal with it as its events unfolds.

It's good to see that VC4 is coming back to us and i really hope that it receives the reception it deserves now that it's releasing on almost every major platform simultaneously :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.