Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Valkyria Chronicles

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Apr 22, 2008

A turn-based tactics game with real-time elements, that tells the story of Squad 7 as they rally together to fight for the freedom of their country, Gallia.

about time to go pick this game up?

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By bed

this game has interested me since it came out, i've just never been interested in RPGs in general. it's been a long time now and i think the game should be cheap now. now i've heard this game is very well made, and i'm looking for a game with a great story. the shooting and RPG style interest me, and the art style is great. i enjoyed the demo too. 

i actually tried to find this game, but i had no luck finding it anywhere. is it rare or something? is it worth all the hassle to get? (if it's rare)  

thanks all.  

EDIT: shoulda checked the prices before i posted this.. didn't know it would be about 50$ now, last time i checked i remember seeing 35 or so. guess i was wrong, so scratch the "i think the game should be cheap by now" part. part.  

EDIT 2: thanks for all the super fast replies guys.. another reason why this community is great. i'll def. pick this game up soon after i get ninja gaiden sigma 2 :D 

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

It was worth getting a long time ago.  It's not rare, but don't expect to get it less than $50-ish really, because it is somewhat limited.

It's more of a strategy game than RPG.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ

If you own a PS3 you should probably go get it. 

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I just bought a PS3 about a month ago, and I made sure that this was the first game I bought and played. I just finished it a few days ago, and I must say that it's one of the highest quality strategy/RPG experiences I've had in quite some time. If you are at all interested in it, you've got to go get it.

As far as finding it, it's not extremely rare, but I'm not about to guarantee that you'll find a copy in your area. My local Best Buy and Gamestop didn't have a copy so I had to go to another Gamestop a bit farther away to buy it. Also, it's not extremely cheap. Most places probably have it priced at $40-50.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bed
    @Diamond said:
    " It was worth getting a long time ago.
    eh? what do you mean by that? 
    FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FCKSNAP

It's still 50 bones and you can get it pretty much anywhere online.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Diamond
    @AjayRaz said:

" @Diamond said:

eh? what do you mean by that?  "
    I mean it was worth getting when it came out and it's still worth getting.  The thread is called "About time to go pick this game up?"  The price didn't drop or anything, so it was kind of pointless to put off getting the game.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJOR64

I thought about getting it then I remembered, I'm not a big fan of strategy games.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bed
    @Diamond said:
    " @AjayRaz said:

" @Diamond said:

eh? what do you mean by that?  "
    I mean it was worth getting when it came out and it's still worth getting.  The thread is called "About time to go pick this game up?"  The price didn't drop or anything, so it was kind of pointless to put off getting the game. "
    sorry.. i read that wrong >_<  
    thought you ment like.. it was worth getting a long time ago, but it isn't worth getting anymore. 
    m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By m1k3

The anime isn't bad either, even though its the same story as the game. I really would recommend the game.

juanvaldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By juanvaldes

Yes. 

But dont expect a full on RPG, I would agree with Diamond that it is more a strategy game then a traditional jRPG. It still has a deep story and some between battle leveling up of sorts, just dont think of it as a Final Fantasy style RPG.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

One of these days I'll grab it off Amazon, that's what I usually do when I want a game cheap. Just checked and the cheapest used one was $31 plus shipping, not bad.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bed
    @m1k3 said:
    " The anime isn't bad either, even though its the same story as the game. I really would recommend the game. "
    sweet, there's an anime too?  
    i'm not really interested in much anime, but i'll check that out too ^^ 
    Neon941

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By Neon941

Anybody who owns a PS3 should get this game, it's well worth more than the price of admission. It also has a couple of DLC stories availiable now, they're $5 each and I haven't personally tried them yet, but you'll certainly get plenty of life out of that game if you choose. 
    m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By m1k3
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @m1k3 said:
    " The anime isn't bad either, even though its the same story as the game. I really would recommend the game. "
    sweet, there's an anime too?  i'm not really interested in much anime, but i'll check that out too ^^  "
    yea, there are only fansubs out right now, and the last episode is airing in like a week.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bed
    @m1k3 said: 
    yea, there are only fansubs out right now, and the last episode is airing in like a week. "
    cool, thanks for the info. fan subs ftw, i'll try to watch it online if i can find it 
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By Pazy

It seems wierd to me that it would still be $50, last time I saw it in a game store (about 3 days ago) it was £17, when at release it was £40.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bed
    @Pazy said:
    " It seems wierd to me that it would still be $50, last time I saw it in a game store (about 3 days ago) it was £17, when at release it was £40. "
    it's weird to me too. like how COD world at war was released almost a year ago, and it's still full price (my friend bought it for 79.99 yesterday) 
    i also saw it at a game store (when i didn't care about the game) a couple of months back for 29.99$ 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.