Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Valkyria Chronicles

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Apr 22, 2008

A turn-based tactics game with real-time elements, that tells the story of Squad 7 as they rally together to fight for the freedom of their country, Gallia.

DLC is out, and it's expensive!

coffeesash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By coffeesash

At least on the European (Europan? ;) ) PSN

Selveria's Mission (Game Pack) £3.19 ($5)
    Edy's Mission (Game Pack) £3.19 ($5)
    Hard Ex Mode £3.19 ($5)

All separate, no discount for buying all three. 2 maps and a difficulty mode for $15 is very hard to swallow, even though I love VC to death. It's just that it all adds up if you want it all. 1 mission, 5 dollars? I was hoping for a chapter with a couple of missions..

Avatar image for wallacethegreat
    WallacetheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By WallacetheGreat

I was wondering what that update was for...

*waits for the DLC to show up on the US store*

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

Damn, they pulled a Capcom.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By PowerSerj

I'm not sure I'll buy the missions. The Edy one is just completely random, and the Selvaria one seems awesome until you find out it's played on the same map as another mission :/ The Hard Ex mode seems pretty sweet though, even if it is only another difficulty.

W/e, I won't feel too bad dishing out to support such an amazing product.

coffeesash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By coffeesash

I could buy Mirror's Edge, LittleBigPlanet or Skate 2 for $15 at the moment..

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#6  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    JJOR64 said:
    "Damn, they pulled a Capcom."
    Only if the content is a few megabytes. Otherwise, I'm all for spending another $15 on this game.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By get2sammyb

I thought it sounded reasonable, although a bundle would have been nice.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By zitosilva

That's way too expensive. Specially considering one of the missions is focused on Edy... she doesn't have anything special in the story, aside from hating Rosie.

Maybe I'll take on Selvaria's later on. But I'll wait to see what others have to say about it.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By DJ_Lae

Great.

I realize the game didn't perform too well at retail, but that's no reason to screw over the people who actually did buy it. $10 for everything would be tolerable, even with most sites reporting that the DLC would be $5 - which we all assumed would be for everything.

It wasn't $15 on the Japanese store back when it came out, was it?

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By DJ_Lae
    PowerSerj said:
    "I'm not sure I'll buy the missions. The Edy one is just completely random, and the Selvaria one seems awesome until you find out it's played on the same map as another mission :/ The Hard Ex mode seems pretty sweet though, even if it is only another difficulty.W/e, I won't feel too bad dishing out to support such an amazing product."

The Edy mission is on an existing map as well (the Vegetable Route Incident or whatever), and it's probably the smallest map in the entire game.

I really wish it didn't end up this way, but the pricing has made sure that I won't be buying a single piece of this DLC despite my Valkyria love.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Diamond

Those are literally just 1 mission each?  Wow, I expected whole campaigns from how they described the stuff...

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

lulz, PSN milkagez.  Blue Dragonz has a hardz mode for freez

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By BoG
    coffeesash said:
    "At least on the European (Europan? ;) ) PSNSelveria's Mission (Game Pack) £3.19 ($5)Edy's Mission (Game Pack) £3.19 ($5)Hard Ex Mode £3.19 ($5)All separate, no discount for buying all three. 2 maps and a difficulty mode for $15 is very hard to swallow, even though I love VC to death. It's just that it all adds up if you want it all. 1 mission, 5 dollars? I was hoping for a chapter with a couple of missions.."
    The closest thing to these items that I can think of is the Mega Man DLC, which had two difficulty levels, an extended bonus time trial stage, and some costumes. Fortunately, they were all only a dollar. $5 for a difficulty level is really pushing it, I'd say.
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By zitosilva
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "

lulz, PSN milkagez.  Blue Dragonz has a hardz mode for freez

"
    The game does have a hard mode. This is just an even harder mode. Not that this makes the price fair, just wanted to be clear.

DJ_Lae said:
    "

Great.

I realize the game didn't perform too well at retail, but that's no reason to screw over the people who actually did buy it. $10 for everything would be tolerable, even with most sites reporting that the DLC would be $5 - which we all assumed would be for everything.

It wasn't $15 on the Japanese store back when it came out, was it?

"
    I just saw other people confirming that it was cheaper in Japan. It seems it was around $10 for everything (which I still consider to be a little too expensive, to be honest). These are simples missions, not entire campaigns. It's a shame, but I wont be buying this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.