Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Valkyria Chronicles

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Apr 22, 2008

A turn-based tactics game with real-time elements, that tells the story of Squad 7 as they rally together to fight for the freedom of their country, Gallia.

just bought this for the pc

zaldar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

was on a MASSIVE sale so picked this up for five dollars as the buzz has been good and what I saw on youtube I liked. The idea that somehow poland would have been able to beat back Germany in WWII using militia rather than a professional army is just too wonderful of a fantasy to pass up. So what should I know going in? What should I be prepared for? Tips? Mods I just have to use? Love the kind of turn based strategy on par here and I am an x-com (pretty much all versions) veteran.

Thanks!

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

This game is great. It's pretty much the perfect level of anime and the graphical style still holds up really well.

As far as tips and stuff go, there isn't much you need to know. You'll probably recognize the real world influence they're pulling from since as you said it's pretty much anime WWII with a Dutch version of Poland being invaded by the Nazis if the Nazis came out of Russia.

The game isn't what I would call hugely difficult and there are repeatable missions you can grind out for XP. About the only thing I would say is to keep multiple save files from before and after each mission. There are certain elements that are randomized and it can be a pain in the ass if you only have one save file. Specifically, there's a guy in town who offers to teach you Orders (essentially special abilities) once per chapter. But he doesn't always "remember" one to teach you. And which one he remembers to teach you if he does remember will be random.

And for the record, Scouts are OP as hell.

Mistzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

also tryin to keep everyone alive is a real pain in the ass, good game otherwise.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
    deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I actually had a really hard time beating the game because the tank is super fragile, and it death fails the mission instantly. So here's my tip: When you are taking your tank into battles with tons of enemies with explosives / other tanks; Jam your tanks butt (it's weak spot) into a wall or something so nothing can hit it. I failed pretty much every mission a dozen times until I figured out I could just jam the tank into a wall, alley, or tree if need be to protect it's giant glaring instant death weak spot lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.