Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Vampyr

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 05, 2018

A horror action-RPG developed by Dontnod Entertainment. In Vampyr the player takes control of a vampiric doctor during the 1918 'Spanish flu' pandemic in London.

Anyone see much coverage?

• 53 results
    doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Tip for anyone having issues with the combat: get the two-handed cudgel and upgrade the stun on it. Then spend lots of points on bite (damage, drain, regen) and endurance. You become extremely powerful.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By SethMode

@notkcots: that chapter 2 tomfoolery with your options really irked my RPG "this is going to be my good guy run" sensibilities, when I chose the option a lot of people did and subsequently felt like I was sideswiped by the conclusion. But in retrospect, I do think that there is a neat amount of info in the game warning you against the choice that seems good that turns bad. Still, Dontnod seems to be almost too all in on the "your choices matter" stuff, and the moments come and go quickly and with less player choice than I would like. For example, the situation regarding the end of chapter 2: there is a distinct point after you make the bad choice where it becomes obvious that you done fucked up. The game even has a moment when Jonathan seems to realize it too. This feels like a frustrating tease without it opening up other options. Instead it's just a cutscene that drives the point home that you don't fucked up.

Anyway, all that said, while I wouldn't say I'm particularly enjoying the game, I am having a good experience with it, if that makes sense. World and characters and concept are all really neat, I just can't stand the combat, especially going through without killing innocent people.

@doctordonkey: this is spot on advice. It doesn't make the combat any more fun really, but it does make it less of a chore.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#53  Edited By Humanity

I bought this before E3 and just started playing it today. The combat seems similar to Remember Me in that it's kinda floaty, kinda ethereal. Not terrible, not great, I'd say from the opening hours it's serviceable and a decent backbone to the more appealing aspects of the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.