Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Velvet Sundown

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 22, 2014

A multiplayer roleplaying game about socializing with other players and improvisational skills.

GB Community Velvet Sundown player list!

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By audioBusting

Text-to-speech is back for everyone and the developers just released a new scenario for the game, so I wanted to play this some more. I don't know if it's just my hours, but it's sometimes either too quiet, too many people being very confused, or too many people trying too hard and saying random nonsense. It's still pretty fun, but I'm wondering if there are cool duders in the Giant Bomb community interested to arrange a weekly time for playing this game. The Quick Look was pretty fantastic, so I'm guessing a lot of us knows how to "play" the "game". There are no private games, so I'm just hoping there'd be enough people to fill up the the free player pool or the larger subscriber games (I'm also a subscriber).

EDIT:

Since there's not that many people interested, I'm scrapping the regular game idea and just going to list Steam ID's for whoever interested. Please reply with your ID if you want to get listed.

GB usernameSteam ID
    @audiobustingaudioBusting
    @brodehousebrodehouse
    @whitegreyblackwhitegreyblack
    @corruptedevilCorevi
    @andrewbKupoCheer!

Personally, I'll probably start playing 1-2 games weekly at around Friday 10:00 GMT or after Unprofessional Fridays.

bi0nic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Count me in! I want to try that new Murder scenario, but there's rarely any other premiums in-game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I want to play more Velvet Sundown but Velvet Sundown is over.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I meant to come back to this game after my vacation last month but I'm not sure I can. However, I would if it meant some good times with GB duders; we had a blast. Have not tried the new murder scenario - is it totally broken like the last one, or do any of the mechanics actually work?

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

@whitegreyblack: @brodehouse: @bi0nic: Since there's not that many people interested, I'm scrapping the regular game idea and just going to list Steam ID's for whoever interested (or we can just PM each other our ID's). Please reply with your ID if you want to get listed.

About the Murder scenario: I've played the Murder scenario twice so far and the mechanics are surprisingly solid (not broken, at least!). My only problem with it is that you have to wait until the timer expires to find out the results, so all players need to somewhat coordinate to reach a conclusion at the end of the game and not too early. There's a 12 Angry Men vibe as time goes on, if everyone's into it. My first game ended up with everyone leaving the game halfway through, but the second one went great! It ends sort of weirdly, as you don't actually find out who's the criminal at the end (you have to ask the others in the debriefing chat), but it was still pretty fun.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm in. Corevi is my steam name.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely add me, duders.

Steam ID same as here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I like video games. My steam username is Brodehouse.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

I've been looking at getting into Velvet Sundown for awhile. My Steam username is KupoCheer.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will try to remember to keep Steam open on my computer. I am self-employed so I can sometimes be very flexible on when I am able to play, and sometimes not able to play anything for large swaths of time. Hope to see you online - I have yet to play that Murder scenario.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By whitegreyblack

OK, I have now been reminded why removing text-to-speech for free players might not have been the worst idea in the world. Ugh.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.