113 CommentsRefresh
Avatar image for dabuddada
Posted By DaBuddaDa

TF2 characters are humorous and full of character. This sniper guy is just a total asshole who sounds like a 13 year old playing Halo 3 on Live :/

Avatar image for redrocketwestie
Posted By RedRocketWestie

It's unfortunate that (intentionally or not) the style is so evocative of TF2, because the comparison does them no favors.  Even on Giant Bomb, where people should be informed enough to know better, and people are explicitly TELLING them so, every other comment is calling it a crappy clone. 
 
@Sogeman: Playing "mostly against bots" is what makes it NOT a clone, by the way. 
 
I'm intrigued to try it. Contrary to popular opinion, I think the GAMEPLAY (not the visual style) looks *extremely* original. I may not buy it, but I'm certainly not writing it off because of some superficial similarities to a GOOD GAME.

Avatar image for sogeman
Posted By Sogeman
@DaBuddaDa said:
" TF2 characters are humorous and full of character. This sniper guy is just a total asshole who sounds like a 13 year old playing Halo 3 on Live :/ "
Which makes this the perfect game for Xbox Live. I couldn't care less about this years Summer of Arcade. Pretty weak compared to last year.
Avatar image for demontium
Posted By demontium

TF2

Avatar image for tadthuggish
Posted By TadThuggish
@RedRocketWestie said:
" It's unfortunate that (intentionally or not) the style is so evocative of TF2, because the comparison does them no favors.  Even on Giant Bomb, where people should be informed enough to know better, and people are explicitly TELLING them so, every other comment is calling it a crappy clone. 
 
@Sogeman: Playing "mostly against bots" is what makes it NOT a clone, by the way.  I'm intrigued to try it. Contrary to popular opinion, I think the GAMEPLAY (not the visual style) looks *extremely* original. I may not buy it, but I'm certainly not writing it off because of some superficial similarities to a GOOD GAME. "
It is a crappy clone, in terms of art style and humor.  In gameplay we'll have to see, but appearances mean a lot.  I'm not going to play the game if every time I feel like having fun and shooting robots I'm bombarded with characters saying "NOOB NOOB NOOB NOOB NOOB LOLZ!11"  No one has said the gameplay is similar, so your argument is unwarranted.  If Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine is a fine game, but kicks you in the nuts every time you boot it up, would you still be interested?
Avatar image for karn
Posted By Karn

Protip: Cartoonish games with wacky character classes is not TF2.

Avatar image for crono
Posted By Crono

Sounds like a bad Inspector Gadget villain.

Avatar image for lordofultima
Posted By lordofultima

Looks like The Grid to me, awesome. Who cares if it looks like TF2? Isn't that a good thing?

Avatar image for scyllz
Posted By Scyllz

I'll have to come back to this thread a few months after it's released and see if all the hate comments will turn out to be l4d2 style or ultra delicious mc4 style. CRISPY!

Avatar image for max3000
Posted By max3000

I KNEW halfway through the trailer all of the comments are going to contain "tf2" in them.

Avatar image for skrams
Posted By Skrams

Wow, all the "Omg TF2 Ripoff" in here is idiotic. Yes it has that sort of artstyle but gawd just labeling it as a ripoff and saying no buy is the most ignorant thing you could do.

Avatar image for dussssstin
Posted By dussssstin

I've been under the impression that this was a TF2 rip but if it's suppose to be more inline with Demigod I'll give it more of a look.

Avatar image for aeonfell
Posted By Aeonfell

This game looked pretty sweet until I watched this trailer.
 
They might as well have voiced him with Gilbert Godfrey.

Avatar image for dox
Posted By dox

It is a solid game that has a different experience than any other competitive multiplayer game out there.  It has classes like TF2 but they have skills that are upgradable during play and a fodder mechanic that keep a very exciting front line.  I played it and had a blast.

Avatar image for thecartel
Posted By thecartel

i got to play this game at pax east it was fun it basically boils down to be a mixture between ut3 and team fortress. Its definitely a team based game.

Avatar image for semistardust
Posted By semistardust
@thecartel said:
" i got to play this game at pax east it was fun it basically boils down to be a mixture between ut3 and team fortress. Its definitely a team based game. "
You forgot DOTA
Avatar image for theclap
Posted By TheClap

But is he Australian? 

Avatar image for AxleBro
Posted By AxleBro

uhhhh huh... maybe if it was on pc... maybe.... but yea, tf2 clones are a bad idea because no matter how hard you try to you will never beat tf2.... the fans are just too devoted.

Avatar image for professoress
Edited By ProfessorEss

I'm cool with people making a Team Fortress 2 style game but man oh man, don't style your trailers after it because that just makes you look silly.
 
Those TF2 trailers are just TOOOO good.
 
I do think the game looks like it has potential to be fun.

Avatar image for deusoma
Posted By Deusoma

Man, what an obvious rip-off of Lead and Gold.

Avatar image for jackba
Posted By JackBa

It's like a classless Team Fortress 2.

Avatar image for sagesebas
Posted By sagesebas

The guy who does all those flips on youtube is an animator for this game

Avatar image for seedofpower
Posted By Seedofpower

TF2 sniper is still cooler.

Avatar image for zombie2011
Posted By zombie2011

Looks awesome, looks like i'll be buying all the Summer of Arcade games this year.

Avatar image for skinnyluigi
Posted By skinnyluigi

Sniper, is jerk! ~the heavy

Avatar image for nux
Posted By Nux

What?
Avatar image for jmfinamore
Posted By jmfinamore
@Deusoma: Please, Lead and Gold was just riding the H.A.V.E Online bandwagon.
Avatar image for killer_7
Posted By Killer_7

I dunno about this one.. could be awsome but can also fail big time... Will try the trail version atleast =)

Avatar image for mattbodega
Posted By MattBodega
@Deusoma: Nice twist on what everyone in the comments is saying! Big ups!
Avatar image for mistermouse
Posted By MisterMouse

meh, doesnt really interest me...

Avatar image for knoxt
Posted By knoxt

:[

Avatar image for rincewind
Posted By Rincewind

Looks decent.

Avatar image for mrchuckles
Posted By MrChuckles

Looks sweet, and I guess people fail to see the joke of the general prejudice of people who gravitate to sniper classes tend to act like this Sniper character.

Avatar image for ghostnpc
Posted By ghostNPC

UGH.

Avatar image for eccentrix
Posted By eccentrix

G'day, mate.

Avatar image for twolines
Posted By TwoLines

I know what they wanted to do here, but it wasn't very funny.
Hope it's a good DOTA game though.

Avatar image for bubba1287
Posted By bubba1287
@Advertisement:
ithe heavy for that game is probably the big guy in the robot suit maybe?
Avatar image for deusoma
Posted By Deusoma
@MattBodega said:
" @Deusoma: Nice twist on what everyone in the comments is saying! Big ups! "
Thank you, I try. n_n
Avatar image for raikoh05
Posted By raikoh05

"how can we make him even more annoying?"

Avatar image for tregard
Posted By Tregard

Was thinking about getting this, until I saw this trailer.
 
Oh god...the voice! The lack of humour!

Avatar image for bionicmonster
Posted By BionicMonster
@Axleisbored said:
"uhhhh huh... maybe if it was on pc... maybe.... but yea, tf2 clones are a bad idea because no matter how hard you try to you will never beat tf2.... the fans are just too devoted. "

I think these games are different enough so that they wont compete as much as people think they will.
Avatar image for afroman269
Posted By Afroman269

Looks ok but just makes me want to play more TF2

Avatar image for thepilgrums
Posted By ThePilgrums

People denying this is imitating TF2 are straight-up wrong. One of them looks EXACTLY like the Demoman without an eyepatch. It's not a coincidence, it's deliberate. 
 
Not that it will effect the game mechanics. It could be a fucking great game. But come on, there's no denying where they got the idea for the art style.

Avatar image for redrocketwestie
Posted By RedRocketWestie
@BionicMonster said:
" @Axleisbored said:
"uhhhh huh... maybe if it was on pc... maybe.... but yea, tf2 clones are a bad idea because no matter how hard you try to you will never beat tf2.... the fans are just too devoted. "
I think these games are different enough so that they wont compete as much as people think they will. "
They're really shooting themselves in the foot with the marketing, though. I agree that the gameplay looks different, so why make it look like TF2 in the trailers? If people try the trial game, that's great, but there's a lot of negativity towards even giving it a chance just because of the aesthetic similarities.
Avatar image for nrain
Posted By nrain

urrghh, so unappealing.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
Posted By MordeaniisChaos

I am totally turned off by their attempts to copy every aspect of TF2's existence, from art style to game play to the goddamn marketing. Maybe if the quality was at least close to the meet the videos this wouldn't be that bad, but this is neither amusing nor entertaining. And it's barely informative.

Avatar image for blackout62
Posted By Blackout62

I suddenly feel a bit less loving of Mondays.

Avatar image for g0rd0nfr33m4n
Posted By G0rd0nFr33m4n
@Afroman269 said:
" Looks ok but just makes me want to play more TF2 "
This is the correct answer.
Avatar image for hi_im_rob
Posted By hi_im_rob

I hope they REALLY make it like TF2 on Xbox by never supporting it post release.

Avatar image for dg991
Posted By DG991
@MrChuckles: I act just like that when I play tf2 as sniper... I love raging little kids.